2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just joined this group, although we have owned a Pacifica for a couple of years now.

We are considering trading in our 2019 to get a 2022 with AWD, but I am concerned on potential missing features due to parts/chip shortages. Specifically, I've priced out a factory order with a dealer on a 2022 Touring L AWD with the Uconnect Theater Group. I see on the Chrysler Build and Price tool a "Safety Sphere Delete" package. Does anyone know if this is an actual package you have to select or if it could possibly be forced onto the order as it's built, similar to what I see happening with the power folding mirrors on the Limiteds and Pinnacles? I want to get my order placed, but having some of the safety features removed from the build after I order would be a problem for me.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
349 Posts
This has been a new issue folks have been bringing up in the last few days - I recently pulled a window sticker for a 2022 Touring L on a local lot and it showed the following delete credit:
Customer Preferred Package 2EL
Safety Sphere Delete –$522
ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera
ParkSense® Rear Park–Assist with Stop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I would add to this as I learn more. I've looked at a lot of window stickers now for 2022 Touring L's, and the only pattern I have found so far is that if the UConnect Family Theater is included, the Safety Sphere delete is not. Many of the Touring L's without the Theater do show the Safety Sphere delete on the window sticker. The Safety Sphere Delete removes the front parking sensors, parking assist, and 360 camera.

I plan to place an order with the UConnect Theater, so I think I will keep the Safety Sphere as well, but will update again once I get a build sheet and window sticker, whenever that may be.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler AWD Pacifica Touring L
28 Posts
I figured I would add to this as I learn more. I've looked at a lot of window stickers now for 2022 Touring L's, and the only pattern I have found so far is that if the UConnect Family Theater is included, the Safety Sphere delete is not. Many of the Touring L's without the Theater do show the Safety Sphere delete on the window sticker. The Safety Sphere Delete removes the front parking sensors, parking assist, and 360 camera.

I plan to place an order with the UConnect Theater, so I think I will keep the Safety Sphere as well, but will update again once I get a build sheet and window sticker, whenever that may be.
On 8/23/21 I ordered a Touring-L All-Wheel Drive with UConnect Theater in order to get Safety Sphere. Looks like there have been very few cars built with this configuration. I order has been stuck at Status D priority 1. I have found very few cars delivered in the northeast with this configuration. With the factory being shut down the first three weeks in January there is little hope that my car will be delivered anytime soon. Good luck with your order.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring L FWD ICE, Ocean Blue
68 Posts
I purchased a 2021 Touring L with the then combined Premium & SafetySphere factory option last year. I thought from the attached 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Feature Matrix issued by Chrysler on 09-04-2021 that the Safety Sphere portion of that 2021 combined Premium & Safety Sphere factory option became standard in the 2022 Touring L ? The Premium part of the 2021 Touring L factory option added the 360 cameras (now standard on the 2022 Touring L), and going from a base 6 speaker sound system to the 13-speaker HK system (now only available in the 2022 Touring L’s UConnect Theater option). Perhaps the 2022 sticker price Safety Sphere line item delete simply reflects a separation of the 2021 Premium & Safety Sphere combined options ? The parking assist features and 360 camera systems are now part of the base price and former Premium 13 HK speakers are part of a 2022 Touring L UConnect Theater oprion only.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 8/23/21 I ordered a Touring-L All-Wheel Drive with UConnect Theater in order to get Safety Sphere. Looks like there have been very few cars built with this configuration. I order has been stuck at Status D priority 1. I have found very few cars delivered in the northeast with this configuration. With the factory being shut down the first three weeks in January there is little hope that my car will be delivered anytime soon. Good luck with your order.
Where did you find information on what weeks the factory is planned to be shut down or running?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
The rear backup camera is still there , your losing these features

The Safety Sphere Group (a $995 value in 2021) adds ParkSense Front Park Assist with Stop, ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist and 360 Surround View Camera to the standard features of the Touring L for 2022.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler AWD Pacifica Touring L
28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased a 2021 Touring L with the then combined Premium & SafetySphere factory option last year. I thought from the attached 2022 Chrysler Pacifica Feature Matrix issued by Chrysler on 09-04-2021 that the Safety Sphere portion of that 2021 combined Premium & Safety Sphere factory option became standard in the 2022 Touring L ? The Premium part of the 2021 Touring L factory option added the 360 cameras (now standard on the 2022 Touring L), and going from a base 6 speaker sound system to the 13-speaker HK system (now only available in the 2022 Touring L’s UConnect Theater option). Perhaps the 2022 sticker price Safety Sphere line item delete simply reflects a separation of the 2021 Premium & Safety Sphere combined options ? The parking assist features and 360 camera systems are now part of the base price and former Premium 13 HK speakers are part of a 2022 Touring L UConnect Theater oprion only.
My thoughts also. As I have Safety Sphere, 360 surround view, parallel and perpendicular Park assist,... in my list of standard features with the Safety Sphere delete in the optional equipment section.
Font Paper Document Paper product Typesetting

Font Handwriting Rectangle Paper Paper product

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anybody who has test driven or bought a 2022 touring L with this Safety Sphere Delete listed chime in and let me know if it has any kind of backup camera at all? I'm concerned that it listed "
ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera" under the deleted section. I talked with someone at the dealership, and they seem to not know anything either until the car arrives after being in transit.

I find it hard to believe they just up and removed the backup camera altogether. I thought those were required by law now?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
783 Posts
Can anybody who has test driven or bought a 2022 touring L with this Safety Sphere Delete listed chime in and let me know if it has any kind of backup camera at all? I'm concerned that it listed "
ParkView® Rear Back–Up Camera" under the deleted section. I talked with someone at the dealership, and they seem to not know anything either until the car arrives after being in transit.

I find it hard to believe they just up and removed the backup camera altogether. I thought those were required by law now?
As of 2018 it would be illegal to sell a vehicle in the U.S. without a backup camera.
So I'm sure it will have a basic backup camera at the very least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any updates to this? I'm in the same boat. Trying to find out from the dealer now what it means. The car just arrived so I'm hoping salesman can look at it and let me know.

I came across this video on youtube. Not 100% sure if it's the same thing but it kinda sounds like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I have found, the items listed under the Delete package are what are included in the package, not deleted. What is happening is the package is removing the front and rear parking sensors, parking assist capability, and 360 degree cameras, and replacing them with the basic back-up camera and only rear parking sensors. Those last two items show up on the window sticker with the package as window stickers show the added items under "optional" packages. This is presumably being done due to parts/chip availability.

This issue appears to only impact Touring L orders, and only ones without the UConnect Theater package. If the Theater package is ordered, the full Safety Sphere will be included on the order as well.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I received my new 2022 Touring L last week and I'm mad because it doesn't have the 360 surround view cameras. I have been trying to figure out why it doesn't, and I haven't come up with an answer. On Chrysler's website, it states that the 360 surround view is a standard feature in the 2022 Touring L. This feature is one of the main reasons I ordered the vehicle.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
783 Posts
I received my new 2022 Touring L last week and I'm mad because it doesn't have the 360 surround view cameras. I have been trying to figure out why it doesn't, and I haven't come up with an answer. On Chrysler's website, it states that the 360 surround view is a standard feature in the 2022 Touring L. This feature is one of the main reasons I ordered the vehicle.
Have you read the forums? There are parts shortages. The only ones getting the 360 cameras are the ones that also ordered the theater package.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring L FWD ICE, Ocean Blue
68 Posts
Yes, I read the forums often.
I’d be mad too ! Yes, these forums although generally helpful, include opinions and interpretations that aren’t always based on bonafide factual information. Plus, OEMs always reserve the right to make changes due to parts and feature availability, but the 2022 Pacific Feature Matrix issued by Stellantis last September (refer to the attached link in my earlier post above) does show the 360 Suround View Camera as being Standard on the Touring L. not thoroughly outlining what Safety Sphere Delete truly represented at the time of order and perhaps even just omitting it from the factory Build Sheet is no way to treat customers (IMO).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you receive one that you had ordered awhile ago? Do you have the Monroney Sticker for your vehicle that indicates that it has the "Safety Sphere Delete", which should also mean a $522 discount from the MSRP.

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
Who had received the 2022 Touring-L with Safety Sphere Delete recently? Is there the front beeping sensors? Or they just offer rear sensors and backup camera? Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts