2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just got a 2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with Uconnect Theatre. Love the car so far, but the 2022 entertainment system is causing me headaches… New FireTV system combined with the fact they removed DVD player from the Limited trim basically limits entertainment option to streaming, which here in Canada is prohibitively expensive.
Any tricks, tips or hack to be able to offer my kids a simple way to watch series or movies? (Ie: cast downloaded episodes from our phones, or USB storage?)
Also, FireTV now allows to download apps and games. Anyone knows the storage size? Wasn’t able to find any information anywhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi! Just got a 2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with Uconnect Theatre. Love the car so far, but the 2022 entertainment system is causing me headaches… New FireTV system combined with the fact they removed DVD player from the Limited trim basically limits entertainment option to streaming, which here in Canada is prohibitively expensive.
Any tricks, tips or hack to be able to offer my kids a simple way to watch series or movies? (Ie: cast downloaded episodes from our phones, or USB storage?)
Also, FireTV now allows to download apps and games. Anyone knows the storage size? Wasn’t able to find any information anywhere.

Thanks!
The removal of the bluray/DVD player is among the reasons I changed my Limited order to Pinnacle after it got converted to 2022.

Can the system access your home wifi when you're at home? I don't know about that but if if that is possible, then content can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Each screen is a separate FireTV device with 16Gb storage. I've found this information from multiple sources including the FireTV development page which listed the full specifications for the device in the Pacifica.
The specifications are actually for the grand wagonneer, but it's most likely the same in the Pacifica:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The removal of the bluray/DVD player is among the reasons I changed my Limited order to Pinnacle after it got converted to 2022.

Can the system access your home wifi when you're at home? I don't know about that but if if that is possible, then content can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Each screen is a separate FireTV device with 16Gb storage. I've found this information from multiple sources including the FireTV development page which listed the full specifications for the device in the Pacifica.
The specifications are actually for the grand wagonneer, but it's most likely the same in the Pacifica:
[/QUOTE

oh. That’s good to know! 16gb each should allow for enough content for short trips. Assuming not too many games and apps are downloaded…

was also looking at testing PlayOn and see if I could load content on usb drive.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does that mean that we can use our phone as a hotspot for using FireTV?
Yes, you can use your phone hotspot for the FireTV. I have done it several times and it works great (as long as you have good cell reception). I decided to go ahead and activate the car wifi with AT&T (it was only $15 a month for unlimited data) and I am using that now.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
38 Posts
Yes, you can use your phone hotspot for the FireTV. I have done it several times and it works great (as long as you have good cell reception). I decided to go ahead and activate the car wifi with AT&T (it was only $15 a month for unlimited data) and I am using that now.
Anyone in Canada has subscribed to a data plan for their Pacifica?

I doubt we can have unlimited data here for that price….

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Pacifica Pinnacle, but the blu-ray is not listed as a source (with and without DVD inserted). We spent hours at the dealership before we left and couldn't figure it out. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Pacifica Pinnacle, but the blu-ray is not listed as a source (with and without DVD inserted). We spent hours at the dealership before we left and couldn't figure it out. Anyone else had this issue?
The question should not be has anyone else had this issue (many here have it) but rather is there anybody here with a 2022 bluray who does NOT have the issue?
I've seen many comment about having the issue, but no comment about not having the issue.
Apparently this is a bug in the software and an update will come which will fix the issue, but AFAIK we have no ETA yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The question should not be has anyone else had this issue (many here have it) but rather is there anybody here with a 2022 bluray who does NOT have the issue?
I've seen many comment about having the issue, but no comment about not having the issue.
Apparently this is a bug in the software and an update will come which will fix the issue, but AFAIK we have no ETA yet.

Did the dealership atleast notify you of the problem before you purchased the vehicle. They're was no mention of it to me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Did the dealership atleast notify you of the problem before you purchased the vehicle. They're was no mention of it to me.
When I ordered my vehicle (sept 13th) the issue was not yet known, and my order still has not been built, but knowing the issue would not have changed anything.
Knowing the issue will however avoid me wasting time trying to figure it out.
Your dealer could not have notified you odd the issue prior to your passage, as obviously they were not aware of these issues themselves.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler AWD Pacifica Touring L
28 Posts
When I ordered my vehicle (sept 13th) the issue was not yet known, and my order still has not been built, but knowing the issue would not have changed anything.
Your dealer could not have notified you odd the issue prior to your passage, as obviously they were not aware of these issues themselves.
My Pacific L with the Uconnect Theater Family Group was ordered on 8/23/21 and completed factory build on 2/8/2022. The factory build sheet indicated that it does have Blu-Ray/DVD Player/USB Port. Why would Chrysler ever build Uconnect Theater Family Group on the Pacifica-L with the Blu-Ray DVD Player and not the limited? This makes no sense. Am I missing something?
My Pacific L with the Uconnect Theater Family Group was ordered on 8/23/21 and completed factory build on 2/8/2022. The factory build sheet indicated that it does have Blu-Ray/DVD Player/USB Port. Why would Chrysler ever build Uconnect Theater Family Group on the Pacifica-L with the Blu-Ray DVD Player and not the limited? This makes no sense. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
245 Posts

The issue at hand here is not whether the bluray player is there or not in the build. It's a software bug affecting those that have the bluray player. The player is physically there, but in the software it does not show up and cannot be used.

As for your Touring L having the bluray but not a Limited, yours is probably an ICE model. The bluray player is available on all ICE trims but for hybrids it's only on the Pinnacle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It really would have been nice to have a post-it, an email or whatever document from Chrysler acknowledging the issue and giving the assurance it will be fixed (at least with a gross estimate, like summer 2022)…

Bugs are common, but mishandling the communication around them is really bad management…

·
Registered
8 Posts
Going back to the original question...I have just gotten the 2022 limited (no dvd). I used home wifi but on Netflix or Disney+ I don't see a download button for kids to pre load shows.

In Canada the data plan is 70$ a month for 10GB so that's a **** no.

They call the usb connector a media input...so maybe a usb drive will work ... Haven't figured it out yet

Any advice on how to load up movies without cell data would be great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Going back to the original question...I have just gotten the 2022 limited (no dvd). I used home wifi but on Netflix or Disney+ I don't see a download button for kids to pre load shows.

In Canada the data plan is 70$ a month for 10GB so that's a **** no.

They call the usb connector a media input...so maybe a usb drive will work ... Haven't figured it out yet

You can download movies on Prime. But each time I tried, the download seems to fall in error. I think it’s when the screen saver shows…

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Touring-L AWD
11 Posts
You can download movies on Prime. But each time I tried, the download seems to fall in error. I think it’s when the screen saver shows…
Same with mine. It shows i have downloaded videos on prime but everytime i played it.., then i get an error.. any thoughts on this please?

·
Registered
‘22 Pinnacle AWD ICE Granite Crystal Metallic
60 Posts

There are thread discussing this in detail, you can search for them. The general advice is to make sure the drive is formatted to NTFS or FAT32 (not HFS+ or exFAT) and plug it in first to make sure it’s recognized. There are reports of all sorts of formats working, but the most I have seen are mp4 encoded formats at 720p with no chapter markers, YMMV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in Canada has subscribed to a data plan for their Pacifica?

I doubt we can have unlimited data here for that price….
I just change my 2018 Hybrid Pacifica for a 2022 Hybrid Pacifica and I'm very disappointed about their new uconnect entertainment. The best way for me to use the amazon fire stick is to have unlimited data with Rogers, 70 CAD per month. I din't find anything cheaper yet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts