2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just change my 2018 Hybrid Pacifica for a 2022 Hybrid Pacifica and I'm very disappointed about their new uconnect entertainment. The best way for me to use the amazon fire stick is to have unlimited data with Rogers, 70 CAD per month. I din't find anything cheaper yet.
that is what I ended up as well , though I got unlimited for $55 CAD/month through Rogers. Maybe you can save a couple $$ if you call and ask.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
The 2022 Uconnect Theatre is very glitchy. Won't stay connect to home Wifi and I have a very good signal. Could only hotspot off my phone to use any of the streaming services. Can only download apps and content on Prime. No content download for Netflix or Disney+. I have had a great deal of success with loading .mp4s onto a USB though. 128GB Samsung USB 3.1 Flash Drive formatted to FAT32 (came as FATex which didn't work so reformatted). The only issue so far with the USB is accessing it via the FireTV interface. The only way it works consistently is to select the HDMI input in sources, which then comes back with no connection, which then takes you to a screen that shows the USB source. There are a couple other ways to get to the USB source, but they will not show the content on the drive. The HDMI "backdoor" is the only way I have been able to access the USB content. Hopefully there is an update coming soon that fixes the issues. I wanted a Pinnacle trim just for the physical DVD player. So glad we didn't go that route as I would have been very disappointed that it doesn't work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any luck in wireless streaming with any device? I tried to connect a bunch of different devices through the Pacifica WiFi network while enabling the mirroring on the FireTV but none of my devices was able to stream videos successfully. I was able to start the stream with my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet by entering in Cast/Mirroring mode in the tablet, but when it comes to actually play a video from any app (Netlfix/Disney), I see a black screen on Uconnect.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
38 Posts
Any luck in wireless streaming with any device? I tried to connect a bunch of different devices through the Pacifica WiFi network while enabling the mirroring on the FireTV but none of my devices was able to stream videos successfully. I was able to start the stream with my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet by entering in Cast/Mirroring mode in the tablet, but when it comes to actually play a video from any app (Netlfix/Disney), I see a black screen on Uconnect.
Try with Prime. It seems to work better.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The removal of the bluray/DVD player is among the reasons I changed my Limited order to Pinnacle after it got converted to 2022.
Is this a Canadian or Hybrid specific thing? I see it on the build site for a US Limited ICE.
  • 115-Volt Auxiliary Power-Outlet
  • 220-Amp Alternator
  • Blu-Ray DVD Player with USB Port
  • FamCam™ Interior Camera
  • Media Hubs - HDMI/USB/Headphone Ports
  • Keysense
  • Seatback Video Screens
  • Video Remote Controls
  • Video USB Port
  • Wireless Headphones

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is this a Canadian or Hybrid specific thing? I see it on the build site for a US Limited ICE.
  • 115-Volt Auxiliary Power-Outlet
  • 220-Amp Alternator
  • Blu-Ray DVD Player with USB Port
  • FamCam™ Interior Camera
  • Media Hubs - HDMI/USB/Headphone Ports
  • Keysense
  • Seatback Video Screens
  • Video Remote Controls
  • Video USB Port
  • Wireless Headphones
ICE have the bluray player, Pinnacle hybrid does, other hybrid trims don't. Same for USA and Canada.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go to each individual Amazon fire tv and perform the factory reset. Push the options button on your remote, the go to system. You'll find it. After that, the DVD player magically appears!!!!! Yes!!!!! Thanks to another thread on this site, I just fixed mine an hour ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2022 Pacifica Pinnacle, but the blu-ray is not listed as a source (with and without DVD inserted). We spent hours at the dealership before we left and couldn't figure it out. Anyone else had this issue?
I just purchased the 2022 pacifica touring l today & seem to have the same issue. The dvd player does not come up as an option. The dealership is supposed to service the car on Friday, which is an inconvenience due to needing it for multiple carseats ect- is it a waste of time for them to try to "update" the system? Has this been resolved on your end? Is there even a resolution that anyone has heard of? I'm so disappointed. What are the other options for my kids to watch on these dvd players?
I'd appreciate any advice since I'm brand new to the chrysler/ pacifica world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! Just got a 2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited with Uconnect Theatre. Love the car so far, but the 2022 entertainment system is causing me headaches… New FireTV system combined with the fact they removed DVD player from the Limited trim basically limits entertainment option to streaming, which here in Canada is prohibitively expensive.
Any tricks, tips or hack to be able to offer my kids a simple way to watch series or movies? (Ie: cast downloaded episodes from our phones, or USB storage?)
Also, FireTV now allows to download apps and games. Anyone knows the storage size? Wasn’t able to find any information anywhere.

Thanks!
9 Gig out of 16 Gig

·
Registered
3 Posts
The removal of the bluray/DVD player is among the reasons I changed my Limited order to Pinnacle after it got converted to 2022.

Can the system access your home wifi when you're at home? I don't know about that but if if that is possible, then content can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Each screen is a separate FireTV device with 16Gb storage. I've found this information from multiple sources including the FireTV development page which listed the full specifications for the device in the Pacifica.
The specifications are actually for the grand wagonneer, but it's most likely the same in the Pacifica:
Yes you can download up to 9 gig of games or videos to use it off line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to each individual Amazon fire tv and perform the factory reset. Push the options button on your remote, the go to system. You'll find it. After that, the DVD player magically appears!!!!! Yes!!!!! Thanks to another thread on this site, I just fixed mine an hour ago.
I am having this same issue (2022 Touring L with Uconnect, owned for 5 days and so frustrated) but I do not see the system, factory reset buttons on either Fire Tv. Could you elaborate on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I just took delivery of a '22 Pinnacle.

I have some questions:
What headphones work with the FireTV, IR or Bluetooth?
The front display is supposed allow control of the theater, but there seems to be some weirdness on the interface. Does that work or not? There seems to be a lot of restrictions.

Lastly, how do you access the 360 camera in drive when parking is that through the binnacle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I just took delivery of a '22 Pinnacle.

I have some questions:
What headphones work with the FireTV, IR or Bluetooth?
The front display is supposed allow control of the theater, but there seems to be some weirdness on the interface. Does that work or not? There seems to be a lot of restrictions.

Lastly, how do you access the 360 camera in drive when parking is that through the binnacle?
Hi,

I also recently received my 2022 pinnacle.

For the headphones, IR is not longer available in 2022. It is now Bluetooth only.

For the front camera you have to go in the same menu where you can access the famcam (I think this is the menu button "véhicule"... I have a French menu... ). Once there, beside the famcam button you should see the 360 camera option. An then you should have access to 3 or 4 different camera angles, including the front camera.

For the front screen control, I have issues. When I go in the "media" menu of the front screen, and select "rear screens"; I get an error saying that the "service is not available". So Im not able to see or control the rear screens. Another issue that might be related (I'm still trying to figure that out), is that I can't listen the content of the rear screens through the speakers. In other words, the "listen-in" fonction doesn't work for me.
Are experiencing the same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The question should not be has anyone else had this issue (many here have it) but rather is there anybody here with a 2022 bluray who does NOT have the issue?
I've seen many comment about having the issue, but no comment about not having the issue.
Apparently this is a bug in the software and an update will come which will fix the issue, but AFAIK we have no ETA yet.
I just bought a 21 pinnacle and the screen locks up when an app is selected. Dealer says still no fix as of today 5/12/22.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
11 Posts
22 Pinnacle hybrid - After many attempts, I got the right screen set up and factory reset so I can play a DVD to it. Noe the problem is the left screen is stuck on 'Registering your Fire TV'. Is there a way to force it to restart? Tried powering down and back on, no help. The 'settings' button is greyed out so I can't go to the menu to do a reset.

UPDATE It finally decided it was registered. Now working on how to play videos from iPhone directly to the rear screen(s)

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I just bought a 21 pinnacle and the screen locks up when an app is selected. Dealer says still no fix as of today 5/12/22.
Check your rear screens and see what the software version is. If it is not 211412 or higher they are liars. BTW this thread is for MY22. MY22 Theater option has been completely replaced with a new system. MY17-MY21 has an old system not being installed anymore.

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts