2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve spent the better part of today playing around with my new 2022 Uconnect Theatre FireTV setup. As many have attested to, it’s very frustrating. It won’t connect to my home wifi, it doesn’t download content for Netflix or Disney+ and it seems that the USB input doesn’t work. Or at least it doesn’t work like the old version. I had zero success with the head unit recognizing any of the MP4 files on my USB until I went into the individual screens and selected “Launch Source” then selected “USB Media”. It then said “loading content this may take several minutes” for awhile, I unplugged the USB, plugged it back in and it then it recognized the media! I don’t have the physical Bluray player, but perhaps this is how you launch it as well? I am very relieved that I don’t need to wait for a software update now. At least we can now watch content via USB. Off to Amazon to buy the biggest flash drive I can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any luck in wireless streaming with any device when internet connection is not available? I tried to connect a bunch of different devices through the Pacifica WiFi network while enabling the mirroring on the FireTV but none of my devices was able to stream videos successfully. I was able to start the stream with my Lenovo Tab 4 Plus, 10-Inch Android Tablet by entering in Cast/Mirroring mode in the tablet, but when it comes to actually play a video from any app (Netlfix/Disney), I see a black screen on Uconnect. I also tried to download videos through Prime Videos, but when it comes to play them I get an error.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Touring L Graphite with S Package and Theater Group
23 Posts
I have been working on this for some time and this is what I can report:

The Rear USB for FireTV only supports Fat32 file format. If you use exFat or NTFS, it will not recognized the files or the USB.
USB 2.0 has proven to be very slow so I can't recommend it, but it does work.
I recently bought and confirm that USB 3.0 SanDisk Ultra Flair 128Gb does work and comes formatted in Fat32 so no extra steps required.
As previously mentioned, it can take some time for the vehicle to recognize it, you may have to unplug and plug back in and wait awhile for it to load, but it does in fact work.

An intermittent issue I experience is sometimes there is sound that goes over sound system from video files, other times it is completely silent no matter what FireTV or "Listen" button is selected.
I heard of a work around where an aux audio cord plugged in from one of the seats and travelling to the front audio in port can solve this, but haven't been able to try myself.

I have heard rumors that larger drives may not work and some report the 3.1 or 3.2 are not recognized, but if you do get them to work, please let us know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts