2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great news folks!!!! Just found out my vehicle got a VIN# and is in D status, whatever that means.
Also has been converted to a 2022.

so when should I realistically expect it?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow. Mine is also in ''D'' status and I got a VIN.. What are your last 6 digits. Mine are 102060

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
My vehicle is 102205. I wonder when we can anticipate it?
According to a Facebook comment from a WAP employee yesterday, by saturday the number built over the last three weeks will exceed the number ordered in the last 3 months.

During the summer, sale statistics were published and it was evaluated that 1 production week was producing about 1 month worth of orders in average. This still seems to hold true, according to the Facebook comment about the last 3 production weeks vs last 3 months of orders.

The last 3 months of order go back to mid-July, so mostly '22 orders.
Wondering if orders placed prior to that and converted to '22 are accounted for in these 3 months of orders, or only new orders?

Let's consider the case where they are not included. How many remain prior to starting these 3 last months of order? Before the august/september shutdown they have been building April orders. Last week they have been building a May order. We could estimate that at the beginning of this week, there were maybe up to two production weeks left from before mid-July. Does this estimate seem reasonable? To that add the 3 production weeks of orders from the last 3 months, so I'd estimate at the very least 3 weeks, up to 5 weeks, to build the same number as are currently waiting to get built.
If there is no more shutdown, and if orders do not get delayed waiting for parts/materials or other reason while other more recent orders get built instead, I'd expect current orders to get built in October or November.
Note this is only a guess based on limited public information, and I may very well be completely wrong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
According to a Facebook comment from a WAP employee yesterday, by saturday the number built over the last three weeks will exceed the number ordered in the last 3 months.

During the summer, sale statistics were published and it was evaluated that 1 production week was producing about 1 month worth of orders in average. This still seems to hold true, according to the Facebook comment about the last 3 production weeks vs last 3 months of orders.

The last 3 months of order go back to mid-July, so mostly '22 orders.
Wondering if orders placed prior to that and converted to '22 are accounted for in these 3 months of orders, or only new orders?

Let's consider the case where they are not included. How many remain prior to starting these 3 last months of order? Before the august/september shutdown they have been building April orders. Last week they have been building a May order. We could estimate that at the beginning of this week, there were maybe up to two production weeks left from before mid-July. Does this estimate seem reasonable? To that add the 3 production weeks of orders from the last 3 months, so I'd estimate at the very least 3 weeks, up to 5 weeks, to build the same number as are currently waiting to get built.
If there is no more shutdown, and if orders do not get delayed waiting for parts/materials or other reason while other more recent orders get built instead, I'd expect current orders to get built in October or November.
Note this is only a guess based on limited public information, and I may very well be completely wrong.
That’s great news. Hopefully my Pacifica ordered in July and at D status as at last week could be close to completion. Hopefully they’ll be working next week

·
Registered
467 Posts
I hope ypu are correct. Mine was ordered in March.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hope ypu are correct. Mine was ordered in March.
Your Touring L Hybrid could not have been ordered in March, as that model was not available in Canada for '21, it was either the Touring or the Touring L Plus. Was it you who posted some time ago about a '21 Touring L Plus order getting canceled as it could not be converted to a '22 because that model is no longer available?
In that case you should probably consider your current order as a new '22 August order rather than a '21 March order converted to '22. An order's option can be modified, but not the model, that requires canceling the order and placing a new order. Is your VON now the same as before the switch?

That’s great news. Hopefully my Pacifica ordered in July and at D status as at last week could be close to completion. Hopefully they’ll be working next week
I know they are working this Saturday, but no word out yet about next week.

Another comment from the same thread says they built about 40 000 vans from January to April, and sales have been about 4000 per month. That's a 3rd different source where 1 production week = approximately 1 month of orders.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Your Touring L Hybrid could not have been ordered in March, as that model was not available in Canada for '21, it was either the Touring or the Touring L Plus. Was it you who posted some time ago about a '21 Touring L Plus order getting canceled as it could not be converted to a '22 because that model is no longer available?
In that case you should probably consider your current order as a new '22 August order rather than a '21 March order converted to '22. An order's option can be modified, but not the model, that requires canceling the order and placing a new order. Is your VON now the same as before the switch?

I know they are working this Saturday, but no word out yet about next week.

Another comment from the same thread says they built about 40 000 vans from January to April, and sales have been about 4000 per month. That's a 3rd different source where 1 production week = approximately 1 month of orders.
Well my 2021 Touring L+ was changed to BX status, then changed to a 2022 Touring L in D status.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts