2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pachy Pinnacle order placed on 13th Jan, it's been 4 months til today, it keeps on BX status, I messaged my dealer this morning and wished get any update, but he told me that if it doesn't get scheduled before the end of this month it'll be flipped to 2023 and without any price protection, also he suggested refunding my deposit and starting over, should I give up 2022 and start over 2023? or try to find something is being built out of province?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's only 8 Pachy Pinnacle "being built" in Canada right now. I have tried to buy one at Oxford Chrysler in Ontario but it was already reserved by another customer.

I have an order placed on a Pachy Pinnacle fathom Blue since april 19 and no news from it. I just bought a Pachy Limited that was in transit status in the waiting of my Pinnacle and the dealer told me that the Pinnacle will switch to 2023 model and being produce probably around july.

The question is are you ready to wait longer for your Pinnacle? If not, you can try to call all the dealers that have Pinnacle being built.

Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's Only 8 Pachy Pinnacle "being built" in Canada right now. I have tried to buy one at Oxford Chrysler in Ontario but it was already reserved by another customer.

I have an order placed on a Pachy Pinnacle fathom Blue since april 19 and no news from it. I just bought a Pachy Limited that was in transit status in the waiting of my Pinnacle and the dealer told me that the Pinnacle will switch to 2023 model and being produce probably around july.

The question is are you ready to wait longer for your Pinnacle? If not, you can try to call all the dealers that have Pinnacle being built.

Good luck!
(y)🤝I tried to call Oxford Chrysler in Ontario this morning too, and got the same answer, I don't mind if I wait a little longer, but how long is the question, start over or extend my waiting time? It's ridiculous to keep Canadians on waiting list and make us on low priority. I should probably start looking for a Limited like you did, although I'd love to get a Pinnacle.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Unfortunately builds today are a lot different then they were 5 years ago . Gathering of parts is and has been a huge problem and issue for manufacturers. They prioritize chips and parts for their high end vehicles and other plants have to pay for that . So just because your dealer placed a order doesn’t mean that they are also a high priority dealership as well . Lots of factors to get into , just know that it’s industry wide and unfortunately your also in same predicament as a million other consumers .

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
There's only 8 Pachy Pinnacle "being built" in Canada right now. I have tried to buy one at Oxford Chrysler in Ontario but it was already reserved by another customer.

Good luck!
How do you know there are only 8 Pinnacle being built?

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
Unfortunately builds today are a lot different then they were 5 years ago . Gathering of parts is and has been a huge problem and issue for manufacturers. They prioritize chips and parts for their high end vehicles and other plants have to pay for that . So just because your dealer placed a order doesn’t mean that they are also a high priority dealership as well . Lots of factors to get into , just know that it’s industry wide and unfortunately your also in same predicament as a million other consumers .
Compared with Touring and Limited, Pinnacle is higher end?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I see. Also US has “huge” discount from Chrysler or dealers. Did you guys get any discounts from dealer?
Having shopped for vehicles across many US dealers, there are no “huge” discounts. Most dealers of most in-demand vehicle brands and models are advertising some discounts but unfortunately those incentives are taken off marked up prices over MSRP. When you finalize your “deal” you are typically paying right around MSRP (a little higher) plus taxes and fees. Chrysler has had a “loyalty” discount if you’re moving from Chrysler to a new Chrysler model. That particular discount can take you below MSRP. (but you have to be lucky enough to find an available vehicle)

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
Having shopped for vehicles across many US dealers, there are no “huge” discounts. Most dealers of most in-demand vehicle brands and models are advertising some discounts but unfortunately those incentives are taken off marked up prices over MSRP. When you finalize your “deal” you are typically paying right around MSRP (a little higher) plus taxes and fees. Chrysler has had a “loyalty” discount if you’re moving from Chrysler to a new Chrysler model. That particular discount can take you below MSRP. (but you have to be lucky enough to find an available vehicle)
I did some searches in the forums before. At least, many people mentioned they got 2000-3000 discounts from dealer in 2021. No idea if it changed in 2022. In Canada, we barely get too much discounts. Instead some freebies such as fuel… which is nothing.

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts

Good luck!
If they automatically switch it to 2023 model, I don’t mind. As long as the price keeps the same. If everything should be restarted, that’s an issue. Then I will walk away

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If they automatically switch it to 2023 model, I don’t mind. As long as the price keeps the same. If everything should be restarted, that’s an issue. Then I will walk away
Currently the answer I've got is that will be lost price protection and start over by the end of this month, which means that I spent 4 months time to wait something that doesn't exist at all, it's hard to acceptable.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts