2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If they automatically switch it to 2023 model, I don’t mind. As long as the price keeps the same. If everything should be restarted, that’s an issue. Then I will walk away
I don't expect the price to be the same with the 2023 models as the Pinnacle is about 59 000 US in the United States. If you consider the exchange rate, Pachy's are a lot most affordable in Canada even with the fact that you have more dealer rebate in the US.

I think that the Pachy Pinnacle MRSP is at 59 995 $ to remain under the previous 60 000 CAD limit to obtain the IZEV incentive from Canada. We also have to take into account that Pachy's used to have an exemption (if I'm right) to have an MSRP under 60K $ while the other admissible vehicle had to have an MSRP under 55K $ to be eligible. Since April 25 Pachy's doesn’t have any more exemptions and the max MSRP admissible is 70 000 CAD for all SUVs and minivans as long as their base model is under 60 000 CAD.

All this could explain why the US customer seems to receive Pachy's a lot faster than in Canada. I think the profit margin is higher there so this is a normal business decision to send proportionally more Pachy's to the US market...Sad for us but at least we are not living in Ukraine, our little "problem" with the availability of Pachy's really means that we are among the luckiest people on this planet!

This is just my opinion based on my search. I really hope that I'm wrong and that we will not see a huge price increase since I really want my Pinnacle but not sure if I'm ready to pay a lot more for it! If it was not from the service charging system issue which prevent the car from charging, I really like my 2022 Pachy limited. I hope they will find the source of the issue this week!

You can take a look at this article :

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I don't expect the price to be the same with the 2023 models as the Pinnacle is about 59 000 US in the United States. If you consider the exchange rate, Pachy's are a lot most affordable in Canada even with the fact that you have more dealer rebate in the US.

I think that the Pachy Pinnacle MRSP is at 59 995 $ to remain under the 60 000 CAD previous limit to obtain the IZEV incentive from Canada. We also have to take into account that Pachy's used to have an exemption (if I'm right) to have an MSRP of 60K $ while the other admissible vehicle had to have an MSRP under 55K $ to be eligible. Since April 25 Pachy's doesn’t have any more exemptions and all the max MSRP admissible is 70 000 CAD for all car manufacturers as long as they have the base model under 60 000 CAD.

All this could explain why the US customer seems to receive Pachy's a lot faster than in Canada. I think the profit margin is higher there so this is a normal business decision to send proportionally more Pachy's to the US market...Sad for us but at least we are not living in Ukraine, our little "problem" with the availability of Pachy's really means that we are among the luckiest people on this planet!

This is just my opinion based on my search. I really hope that I'm wrong and that we will not see a huge price increase since I really want my Pinnacle but not sure if I'm ready to pay a lot more for it! If it was not from the service charging system issue which prevent the car from charging, I really like my 2022 Pachy limited. I hope they will find the source of the issue this week!

The government rebate has zero to do with it , USA can use their tax credit to offset the cost of the vehicle as well. The Canadian market is small compared to the USA one , probably 90:10 right now if not higher . Unfortunately not only getting one will be difficult for you but the rebates and interest rates will be climbing when the government keeps easing interest rates on both sides of the border , Transition to bev, phev and climbing gas prices has made these vehicles a hot commodity, at one time they sat on dealers lots and Chrysler was forced to build “x” amount of them regardless of sold units or not , infa t some dealers were forced to take them to obtain other product .

·
Registered
14 Posts
The government rebate has zero to do with it , USA can use their tax credit to offset the cost of the vehicle as well. The Canadian market is small compared to the USA one , probably 90:10 right now if not higher . Unfortunately not only getting one will be difficult for you but the rebates and interest rates will be climbing when the government keeps easing interest rates on both sides of the border , Transition to bev, phev and climbing gas prices has made these vehicles a hot commodity, at one time they sat on dealers lots and Chrysler was forced to build “x” amount of them regardless of sold units or not , infa t some dealers were forced to take them to obtain other product .
Thanks for your answer. I still think the government rebate with the Chrysler exemption may have kept the MSRP of Pachy's in Canada under 60K. In regards to the car availability, the market is indeed much bigger in the US and I think the profits per car are higher there for Stellantis.

It's OK if you see zero possibility that I'm right, as I said it's just an opinion. Maybe we are both victims of the Dunning-Kruger effect!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Thanks for your answer. I still think the government rebate with the Chrysler exemption may have kept the MSRP of Pachy's in Canada under 60K. In regards to the car availability, the market is indeed much bigger in the US and I think the profits per car are higher there for Stellantis.

It's OK if you see zero possibility that I'm right, as I said it's just an opinion. Maybe we are both victims of the Dunning-Kruger effect!
So if you were right about profits then they really should ship zero vehicles into Canada and just plug away at the USA market . I don’t know why people are complaining , ford is launching the lightning and are in a hole with bronco already . You steal chips from vehicle to support your vehicles that are high margined , simple economics , pad your bottom line and appease your shareholders . The automotive landscape hasn’t changed that much in the last 2 years , welcome to the new norm for a couple more years anyway .

·
Registered
14 Posts
So if you were right about profits then they really should ship zero vehicles into Canada and just plug away at the USA market . I don’t know why people are complaining , ford is launching the lightning and are in a hole with bronco already . You steal chips from vehicle to support your vehicles that are high margined , simple economics , pad your bottom line and appease your shareholders . The automotive landscape hasn’t changed that much in the last 2 years , welcome to the new norm for a couple more years anyway .
Can you explain why the hybrid which cost certainly more to produce is actually less expensive than the non-hybrid? My guess is because this is directly linked to the government incentive and the past exemption for the Pacifica Hybrid.

Now that the max admissible MSRP to the IZVE program as raised substantially, I think that there is a pretty good chance that the 2023 hybrid models MSRP will be raised by a lot... or at least match the non-hybrid MSRP.

Look at my price comparison in Canada:
Font Number Circle Magenta Parallel

Even the dealers seems to have really small profit margins with the hybrid model. I'm curious about the invoice price in the US. Can someone in this forum can tell us?

I'm not complaining but it's human to always want more and more faster! I could understand peoples complains as this is normal human behaviour in our capitalist society. I can't blame them, I too prefer to have my car as fast as possible with the lowest price.

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts

I think that the Pachy Pinnacle MRSP is at 59 995 $ to remain under the previous 60 000 CAD limit to obtain the IZEV incentive from Canada. We also have to take into account that Pachy's used to have an exemption (if I'm right) to have an MSRP under 60K $ while the other admissible vehicle had to have an MSRP under 55K $ to be eligible. Since April 25 Pachy's doesn’t have any more exemptions and the max MSRP admissible is 70 000 CAD for all SUVs and minivans as long as their base model is under 60 000 CAD.

Thanks a lot for your info. "Charging system issue" is scary. I wish they could fix it soon. I read some article in this forum and it sounds people found the root cause but not sure.

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
I made a big mistake that in Jan there were 10+ in-stock Pacifac Hybrid including Pinnacle in my dealer's parking lot, then I didn't order one. I thought I can pick up one anytime. So it's a long wait.... :(

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Can you explain why the hybrid which cost certainly more to produce is actually less expensive than the non-hybrid? My guess is because this is directly linked to the government incentive and the past exemption for the Pacifica Hybrid.

Now that the max admissible MSRP to the IZVE program as raised substantially, I think that there is a pretty good chance that the 2023 hybrid models MSRP will be raised by a lot... or at least match the non-hybrid MSRP.

Look at my price comparison in Canada:
View attachment 49999

Even the dealers seems to have really small profit margins with the hybrid model. I'm curious about the invoice price in the US. Can someone in this forum can tell us?

I'm not complaining but it's human to always want more and more faster! I could understand peoples complains as this is normal human behaviour in our capitalist society. I can't blame them, I too prefer to have my car as fast as possible with the lowest price.
If you think that dealer invoice price is what they pay for margin your wrong , there’s a huge list of dealer incentives and credits that they have . So if your looking to capitalize on the less is more principle you have choosen the wrong time to buy a vehicle . That guy behinde you will buy it if you don’t at their price , dealer stockpiles equals bargaining power . But then again any dealer can order your vehicle at “X” price but can they actually deliver it , double edge sword . Happy motoring

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made a big mistake that in Jan there were 10+ in-stock Pacifac Hybrid including Pinnacle in my dealer's parking lot, then I didn't order one. I thought I can pick up one anytime. So it's a long wait.... :(
I also made the "mistake" of not buying the Pachy Pinnacle this autumn when I was ready to change. Keep being patient as you have no control of the situation and regrets may only make it worse for your mood! The good news is there a good chance that you will be a Pacifica owner... but just not in the next couple of weeks and maybe months...

Like I've done, you can also try to find an available Pachy Limited or one with the in-transit status that is not sold. For now, the resale value is very good but you will probably lose money if you want the Limited temporarily and trade it for your Pinnacle when it arrived. The only way I see to potentially not lose money is to be an entrepreneur who could benefit from partial tax credit and who could benefit from many governments IZVE incentives per year.

The question is are you ready to pay more for your 2023 if the price increase? We can make a lot of speculation, maybe the price will not increase a lot, and maybe there will be nice new features and not too many delete (like the 2022 that as lost the tri-pane panoramic sunroof)! 🤞 Just for the info, I'm really not an expert in the car market and I have no crystal ball so I discourage anyone from basing their decision only on my thought.

As for your fear for the charging system issue, mine only prevent the car from charging when it's pluged-in. I can drive the vehicle like a hybrid and everything work fine. The Pachys are complex vehicles and Chrysler vehicles tend to be less reliable than other brands but at least their reliability is not as bad as Land Rover.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I found one which is on C status from deler's order sheet, what's the practical meaning of "C", is that possible move to "D" or "D1" shortly? also I'been told by dealer that can be changed color before "D".

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
I found one which is on C status from deler's order sheet, what's the practical meaning of "C", is that possible move to "D" or "D1" shortly? also I'been told by dealer that can be changed color before "D".
How did you find that information? I totally have no idea about this. Can you please send the order sheet to me? Just for reference. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How did you find that information? I totally have no idea about this. Can you please send the order sheet to me? Just for reference. Thanks
I called dealer and saw it on his laptop in store, so I don't actually have it, there're 4 Pinncles on the order, he guessed that 2 of them will delivery within 1-2 months, I remember that there's is one CERAMIC GREY which is on BX, and it has VIN.

·
Registered
Pending 2022 Pinnacle
18 Posts
I called dealer and saw it on his laptop in store, so I don't actually have it, there're 4 Pinncles on the order, he guessed that 2 of them will delivery within 1-2 months, I remember that there's is one CERAMIC GREY which is on BX, and it has VIN.
How often do they update the website inventory? Looks it has been no update for one week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
There's no answer for Canadians, too many indeterminacies, as I know, some get VINs on BX, D or D1 status, some before delivery, nobody can tell, because of we have useless Chrysler customer care.
And your dealer must be powerful, also they should have high priority if they sell FCA product faster.

·
Registered
2022 PacHy Ltd
614 Posts
My 2022 LTD. Ordered a 2021 in March, September order cancelled and a 2022 ordered. Built December 2021 and Dilevered Jan 2022... Your should go much faster as the covid thing and chip shortage have both resolved some what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Pinnacle on order since February and they said it was about 100 days at that time. I'm picking up a Limited (no other options) tomorrow that they got on the lot last week. I just surrendered my 2020 Limited yesterday after almost 1 year of no resolution (lemon law). The sad part is, they finally fixed it with a new battery and new battery isolater about 3 weeks ago. Then the engine light came on about battery coolant...just in time to hand the car in. I actually wanted to keep it as it seemed fixable but the paperwork was signed. Chrysler took forever to authorize the new battery. So now I'm buying pretty much the same car for 10k over my 2020 sale price. They did sell it to me for invoice but still....
I am looking forward to the LED headlights, safety sphere, and premium console. Here's hoping this one doesn't break.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts