2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2023 Front parking assist

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  snobrdrdan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

We just took home a 23’ Touring L. I looked on the website bc I wanted to build my car and then pick it up at the dealer. On the website it says front parking assist camera is standard. It’s not a feature on my car. I have Animals and little kids and all the camera and parking sensors I can get I want. Plus, it helps with parking in general.
I’m frustrated. Should I take it back and get one with that? I’m so shocked that I’m the website it says it’s standard yet the one I was doesn’t have it. I just bought it yesterday.
Is this normal? I’d love some advice! Thank you!

#2 ·
I have been visiting the Chrysler website lately as I was trying to figure out pricing between different options and model and it looks like they are updating their website as I am writing this. A few minutes ago there is a new options package called "Safety Sphere" that includes the parking assist and it cost an additional $995 which I have never seen before. If you go back to 2022 model they don't have that option because it is already included in the 2022 model. So it looks like they remove those as standard to the 2023 and make it optional while at the same time increasing the price for the 2023 model I tried going back again to the website if it also show the same option for Touring L but the build link is now directing me to the closest dealer in my area.

#3 ·
The parking assist feature does not have a camera. It just uses sonar sensors in the bumpers and beeps and displays information on the driver information display to show how close you are getting to whatever you are getting close to. The only way to get the front camera is with the 360 display option. I believe that is included with the Safety Sphere option, although that feature has been getting deleted from many of the new vehicles because of the chip shortage.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
#5 ·
It could be different for the 2023's, but the 2022 Touring L without safety sphere (i.e. they had safety sphere delete credit on sticker) had a camera on the front for auto pedestrian braking only. Since they did not have 360 cameras, there is no way to use that front camera in the UConnect system. Also I don't believe it had front parking sensors, only rears.

#8 ·
Further browsing of the forum, you will see many posts where items listed as being included in a specific trim level are getting deleted on the assembly line because of the global chip shortage that affects all of the electronics on these vehicles. What gets deleted depends on what parts are available when the vehicle is assembled. Manufacturers have been deleting items over the last couple of years now, giving a credit that is shown on the window sticker.

It is up to the purchaser to decide if they want to accept the vehicle as it stands, or try to find another vehicle that has the features they want. Or order again and get in the wait queue again.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
#13 ·
Then I'm going to bet that you were still using the 2022 builder on the Chrysler site, as they were kinda slow to update it.

When you were placing the order, the sales person should've told you about the option then and/or told you that it wasn't standard anymore. 🤷‍♂️

At the end of the day though, it's still a nice van and you really don't "need" the cameras and/or Safety Sphere package. I have 4 young kids and don't have the package on my Limited, and never once have I felt I "needed" it either.
People have been driving for 80-100 years without these cameras being standard btw ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.