2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2023 Front parking assist

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  snobrdrdan 
The parking assist feature does not have a camera. It just uses sonar sensors in the bumpers and beeps and displays information on the driver information display to show how close you are getting to whatever you are getting close to. The only way to get the front camera is with the 360 display option. I believe that is included with the Safety Sphere option, although that feature has been getting deleted from many of the new vehicles because of the chip shortage.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
It could be different for the 2023's, but the 2022 Touring L without safety sphere (i.e. they had safety sphere delete credit on sticker) had a camera on the front for auto pedestrian braking only. Since they did not have 360 cameras, there is no way to use that front camera in the UConnect system. Also I don't believe it had front parking sensors, only rears.
Are you speaking about the camera by the inside rear view mirror? Or is it the little camera on the front grill, like the one used for the rear backup camera?

Further browsing of the forum, you will see many posts where items listed as being included in a specific trim level are getting deleted on the assembly line because of the global chip shortage that affects all of the electronics on these vehicles. What gets deleted depends on what parts are available when the vehicle is assembled. Manufacturers have been deleting items over the last couple of years now, giving a credit that is shown on the window sticker.

It is up to the purchaser to decide if they want to accept the vehicle as it stands, or try to find another vehicle that has the features they want. Or order again and get in the wait queue again.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.