2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2023 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of our 2023 Pinnacle Hybrid over the weekend. It replaces a '21 that was totaled. The loss of the tri-pane sunroof is a bummer, but I have a strange thing to ask about. Our mirrors and the shark fin antenna are black while our van is white. The specs indicate that the mirrors should be body color/chrome and the antenna should be body color. I've asked the dealership to look into this, but I'm curious if anyone else has taken delivery and seen the same thing.

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I wouldn't like that at all.

· Administrator
2,743 Posts
The top of the mirrors on Pinnacle is "Platinum", not chrome, this is what you have. But the bottom should match the body color. Same with the shark fin. While the black antenna looks kind of interesting, the mirrors are atrocious. How could it get installed and slip through QA?

· Registered
901 Posts
THAT is messed up. Don't blame you for being upset. Looks like mirrors were replaced. Stick out like 'sore thumb'. Unacceptable on a brand-new vehicle.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

· Registered
487 Posts
If there is a clear mistake when a vehicle is delivered I've seen incomplete or un-accurate vehicles count as 'incomplete from factory'. I received a truck where I had paid for a much more expensive interior and received a plane-jane base interior. A credit was received for the difference and we cut the loss at that. Reduced the price to reflect the interior. We sure had to argue and send photos to prove their mistake. It was in the showroom for a few days until we spotted the MSRP sticker as incorrect.
Finish that with your VIN for a list of options and see if you find anything odd?
Are there any odd interior highlights with the same colour?

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Oh, man! That is WRONG for Pinnacle trim. Those should be the same as the paint color like the door handles. You can even look on Chrysler's website and see this. If someone at the factory didn't screw up who thought this change would be a good idea?

Is this going to be blamed on parts shortages? Are we going to start throwing non-matching part colors on vehicles to get them out the door?

I would NOT be happy with this.

2023 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid | Plug-In Hybrid Minivan

Scroll down, to colors, select Pinnacle, and change the colors in the link above.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If there is a clear mistake when a vehicle is delivered I've seen incomplete or un-accurate vehicles count as 'incomplete from factory'. I received a truck where I had paid for a much more expensive interior and received a plane-jane base interior. A credit was received for the difference and we cut the loss at that. Reduced the price to reflect the interior. We sure had to argue and send photos to prove their mistake. It was in the showroom for a few days until we spotted the MSRP sticker as incorrect.
Finish that with your VIN for a list of options and see if you find anything odd?
Are there any odd interior highlights with the same colour?
Thanks for the link. That build sheet shows body color shark fin, but shows platinum/gloss black on the mirror. That is different than what was sent to me when I ordered and different than what they show on their website. The gloss black looks like a mistake, not an intentional design decision.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, man! That is WRONG for Pinnacle trim. Those should be the same as the paint color like the door handles. You can even look on Chrysler's website and see this. If someone at the factory didn't screw up who thought this change would be a good idea?

Is this going to be blamed on parts shortages? Are we going to start throwing non-matching part colors on vehicles to get them out the door?

I would NOT be happy with this.
I told the dealer it reminded me on 1980s Hondas. The base models came with black mirrors and the higher trim came with body color, but in this case I have the higher trim and still got the black mirrors.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The top of the mirrors on Pinnacle is "Platinum", not chrome, this is what you have. But the bottom should match the body color. Same with the shark fin. While the black antenna looks kind of interesting, the mirrors are atrocious. How could it get installed and slip through QA?
Apparently they are calling it Platinum Chrome, but on the spec sheet I got it just said Chrome. I'm very happy it isn't shiny chrome! I like the platinum on the Pinnacle.

· Registered
38 Posts
No way that's intentional. I'm guessing supply-chain issues meant it was that or stop the line? At least they'll be reasonably easy for dealer to switch if Chrysler ships the white pieces, unless they have to pull the door panel to access the mirror fasteners.

· Registered
901 Posts
How on earth could paint color be a supply chain item??? It is a screw-up - amazing it wasn't caught.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately, it appears intentional. The dealer located another one at another dealer that is the same way, and the build sheet indicates platinum chrome over gloss black for the mirrors (although it still says body color for the antenna. It’s a disappointing measure that I would bet is all about cost cutting. I miss my 2021.

· Registered
38 Posts
This rendering in current inventory has white with red mirrors, so I guess it could be worse!
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

Looks like all the 2023's with pics available have the black mirrors, regardless of body color (even the black ones 😂). The only way it makes visual sense to paint the mirrors black is if they meet the body inside the blackout area of the A-pillar. But here where it rises straight out of the body panel it makes no sense.

· Registered
7 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Hybrid
Trim:
Limited
I just looked up some 2023 Chrysler Pacifica Platinum dealer videos on YouTube and they all have the gloss black lower portion of the mirror and the ones where you can see the antenna, it is also black. It makes it look like part of the Road Tripper package they have coming.

· Registered
5,480 Posts
It’s a cost saving approach , you cut down on the number and f different mirror combinations as well as shark fins . Painting all the mirror bases black , fins all black generate a savings approach to each vehicle built .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts