2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And you thought your pinnacle was expensive , and that’s a 7 seater . People here are complaining about squeaking mileage out of their hybrid , can’t wait to hear complaints about poor charging solutions , software services $ and battery fall off when you have 300 mile certification rated .
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Granted I have been complaining about software services $ on the forum recently, but based on the hybrid Pacifica experience, I can't image the dealership / service abyss that awaits anyone who buys an all electric Chrysler. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - Velvet Red
88 Posts
i can imagine the car charge showing 100% , but the car stopping abruptly in the middle of the freeway, showing "charge depleted, please charge to proceed" message .. Can think of a ton of memes based on hybrid complaints on this forum.. but as always, looking forward to this awesome car!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Airflow is a 4 passenger crossover. Not the same market for those who want a 7-passenger, greater-hauling capacity vehicle like the Pacifica. The reality is it will be a long time coming before you get a vehicle like the Pacifica in fully electric form. I've not seen any fully-electric vehicle from any manufacturer even being talked about that is 7+ passenger. A hybrid Pacifica will be a great vehicle for many years to come.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reactions: Cornfield

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice! Pretty small van, though. Substantially smaller than a Pacifica, although a good start, to be sure. Will be curious to see the battery range and the details when they are released.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Snow

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully they do a little redesign, as Chevy found out with the first VOLT, 4 passenger cars don’t sell as well, especially if being marketed as a cross-over

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
And you thought your pinnacle was expensive , and that’s a 7 seater . People here are complaining about squeaking mileage out of their hybrid , can’t wait to hear complaints about poor charging solutions , software services $ and battery fall off when you have 300 mile certification rated .
View attachment 48780 View attachment 48780 View attachment 48781
It is now the primary picture on Chrysler Official Site

For me to switch to a BEV it MUST get 600+ range and fully charge in 20 minutes for less. Otherwise, NO CAN DO!

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
The VW Buzz will sell well. I would like one.
Maybe if it wasn't so ugly. Looks like the Nissan Cube that bombed in sales. One of the biggest issues holding VW back is they will not break from the iconic decades-old design looks and go for something new and never seen before. The last time they broke from them was a big hit with the Scirocco, Jetta, and Golf GTI. The Passat, Tiguan, and Atlas designs have nothing going for them and are ugly. Then you have the MOPAR Routan Chrysler Town & Country VW van. :rolleyes:

I own and have owned several VWs over the years. The one I have never sold and will always keep is my 1973 VW Thing with the front gasoline heater right next to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a VW Thing that I bought brand new. Every time that( turned on the gas heater, it blew a fuse. I owned it through two Wisconsin winters before getting rid of it. When I took the heater to dealers for warranty work, they never fixed it. There were no lemon laws back then.
I no,longer but vehicles based on the looks. If I did, I wouldn’t have purchased so many minivans.
The ID Buzz will be all electric, able to carry 6-7 adults or have lots of cargo space for my guitars and model airplanes. I won’t take long road trips unless charging infrastructure is built up. I have an ICE vehicle for that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts