2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through this tire forum and cannot seem to find anyone that has tried a bigger tire than a 265/40 on a 22" rim. Anyone have any idea if a 275/40 will fit? They would be going on a 22" with +35 offset rim. I know the tire is taller overall than stock and speed will be couple MPH off at 60 but I'd like the extra side wall and want to fill the wheel well a bit more.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To add to my post - given some here have gone with 22"x10.5" rims I'm pretty sure I'll be fine on caliper clearance - I'm thinking where it might be close is front tire wheel-well clearance - top of the well/fender and maybe the front and back of the well when wheels are turned.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have 265/40/22 and no problems. I think the 275 will fit but the nearest place mine come to rubbing is on the back wheel well. You will also have some poke past your fenders, which is OK ,but will send all the crud flying up the side of your door and rear bumper. Also, consider it may affect the cars computer for the traction system etc. But so far, I have had no problems. You did not mention what width the wheels are ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight.

Right, missed that. Rim's are 9.5 wide. Was looking at your set up (which looks awesome BTW) and think, or maybe hope, the 275/40 would be barely perceptible wider bulge out given it's only 1 cm wider overall and it looks like the tread on the 265/40 on a 9.5" rim still seems well narrower than the rim itself (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone running 22" x 9.5" with a 35 offset have any pics down the sideline of your van that show the 'flushness' (can't think of the right term) front and back of your tire rim combo on your van? I thought I saw one in the posts for a few of you but can't seem to find now. Ideally with 265/40 rubber.

Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anyone running 22" x 9.5" with a 35 offset have any pics down the sideline of your van that show the 'flushness' (can't think of the right term) front and back of your tire rim combo on your van? I thought I saw one in the posts for a few of you but can't seem to find now. Ideally with 265/40 rubber.

Thanks
Ask and you shall receive !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks FI, they look perfect. I'm now conflicted. After 'pot-holing' two 20" stock rims this winter I'm paranoid about sidewall height but those 265/40's align just right. Wondering if the 275's might just push it beyond the limit look-wise.

BTW - for those of you who have not experienced it - had a shimmy at around 115kmh (70mph). Though it might be a balance issue. Turns out both passenger side rims were dented in - I'm guessing from a pothole. Tire guy was blown away that they still held air.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So interesting day today. I brought my new rims to the tire shop today to mount their tires. I'm in the waiting room and I hear a loud "clang" - like the sound of a new 22" aluminum rim hitting the concrete floor. Yup - my new 22" rim. Anyway, it was not that bad, some minor nicks in the powder coat around the outside bead edge, no dents/dings. They've sent it to a rim refinisher to clean up. Down side is won't have them on the van for a couple more days.

Tried a couple of TPMS options while I was there - had a set of Schrader EZ-Sensor 33500's (programmable). Unfortunately they could not get them to program for a new Pacifica. Too bad as it would have saved me some $$'s. So looks like I'll be going with the stock Mopar TPMS part number specific for the Pac.

The other thing I found out - my stock center caps will not fit my new RTX Black Widow rims (pictured). My very strong preference is a stock badged center cap and I don't like the RTX cap. I assumed given the same center cap bore size that they would fit but it seems the stock ones have a deeper clip point (second pic) - or, in other terms, the RTX center cap bore is shorter. Anyone run into this and have a solution to adapt them?

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
So interesting day today. I brought my new rims to the tire shop today to mount their tires. I'm in the waiting room and I hear a loud "clang" - like the sound of a new 22" aluminum rim hitting the concrete floor. Yup - my new 22" rim. Anyway, it was not that bad, some minor nicks in the powder coat around the outside bead edge, no dents/dings. They've sent it to a rim refinisher to clean up. Down side is won't have them on the van for a couple more days.

Tried a couple of TPMS options while I was there - had a set of Schrader EZ-Sensor 33500's (programmable). Unfortunately they could not get them to program for a new Pacifica. Too bad as it would have saved me some $$'s. So looks like I'll be going with the stock Mopar TPMS part number specific for the Pac.

The other thing I found out - my stock center caps will not fit my new RTX Black Widow rims (pictured). My very strong preference is a stock badged center cap and I don't like the RTX cap. I assumed given the same center cap bore size that they would fit but it seems the stock ones have a deeper clip point (second pic) - or, in other terms, the RTX center cap bore is shorter. Anyone run into this and have a solution to adapt them?

You could try hot glueing or siliconing the OEM caps in there. I got my TPMS off Ebay for $35 (for all 4)..there were many on there (all mopar).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a roller coaster ride with my tire shop the wheels are finally on the van. Still need to get my stock center caps figured out but otherwise I like them. The offset looks so far 'out' to me but I know I liked it in the pics I looked at from other Pac users like FlPacifica above so I'm sure I will get used to it.

I'm on the fence whether I black out the van trim, add a satin 'look' to the outermost part of the rim spokes, or just leave it. Center caps may push me in a direction.

Dave

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts