2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I haven't looked at it since my HK system is working OK. If it's blown, wouldn't it be under warranty?

Yes it would. But given how one's already failed within just a few months of ownership, looking down the road (as it were) to when I'll upgrade to something better.

Also, anyone know whether updated speakers would need a new/separate amp, or is the stock amp powerful enough?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes it would. But given how one's already failed within just a few months of ownership, looking down the road (as it were) to when I'll upgrade to something better.

Also, anyone know whether updated speakers would need a new/separate amp, or is the stock amp powerful enough?
Which system do you have, Alpine or Harman kardon ? Each use different amplifiers, the Alpine uses a 506Watt and the Hk a 900Watt . Also ,be aware that the ANC(automatic noise cancelling) system works through the factory amps, so any aftermarket amp would render that inoperable. The HK does not offer any additional speaker placements than the Alpine, its just that some of the speakers are two or three way in place of the alpine may be only one way or two way. Neither system has a dedicated Subwoofer, which I feel can make the largest difference in a sound system. I added a 12" infinity Sub woofer and a 600w Rockford fosgate amp to my Alpine system and it sounds WAAAY better than before. (P.S. how did this thread get on to audio issues ??)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which system do you have, Alpine or Harman kardon ? Each use different amplifiers, the Alpine uses a 506Watt and the Hk a 900Watt . Also ,be aware that the ANC(automatic noise cancelling) system works through the factory amps, so any aftermarket amp would render that inoperable.

The HK does not offer any additional speaker placements than the Alpine, its just that some of the speakers are two or three way in place of the alpine may be only one way or two way. Neither system has a dedicated Subwoofer, which I feel can make the largest difference in a sound system.

The HK. I'm not too concerned about losing the ANC as frankly, I don't hear it. At least no appreciable reduction in ambient background and/or engine noise. But you're right that a woofer adds that depth; I just wish there was already one - as most manufacturers surely should have them these days - so I could consider doing something w/o too much cost.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The HK. I'm not too concerned about losing the ANC as frankly, I don't hear it. At least no appreciable reduction in ambient background and/or engine noise. But you're right that a woofer adds that depth; I just wish there was already one - as most manufacturers surely should have them these days - so I could consider doing something w/o too much cost.
Here is the one I originally had. Worked pretty decent, I may be selling it if you are interested DM me.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/442-what-did-you-do-your-chrysler-pacifica-today/40851-10-amplified-sub-woofer.html

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
9 Participants
FlPacifica
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing