2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got brand new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. It came with level 1 charger. I would like to know if it is also equipped with 220/240v charger or not? Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got brand new 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. It came with level 1 charger. I would like to know if it is also equipped with 220/240v charger or not? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Factory provided charger is level 1 only. You will have to purchase a level 2 charger.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Thanks
You can use the factory charger on 220/240v with a proper adaptor; however, charging takes twice the time required of a proper level 2 charger. I’ve done this for a few months before we got a second ev.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yes I have been using the included charger on a 240V line. A few of us on this site has done it successfully. (thank you @m0ebius604). You need to make sure the part number of your charger is 05062107AC, and make an adapter that takes the second hot line of the 240V to the neutral of the 5-15. If you are making the adapter yourself, make sure you use thick enough wire that can at least take 20A.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yes I have been using the included charger on a 240V line. A few of us on this site has done it successfully. (thank you @m0ebius604). You need to make sure the part number of your charger is 05062107AC, and make an adapter that takes the second hot line of the 240V to the neutral of the 5-15. If you are making the adapter yourself, make sure you use thick enough wire that can at least take 20A.
We need to thank @seo68 :grin2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
like others said,
the stock charger which comes with is 120v/240v 12A charger.

with 120V, it takes about 11 hours.
with 240V, it takes about 5.5 hours.

with other L2 charger with 16A, takes about 4 hours.
with other L2 charger with 32A, takes about 2 hours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Costco sells a 32A L2 Siemens charger for $460 that takes 2 hours to charge the vehicle (search on Costco site for 'Electric Vehicle Charger'). If you're fast, you can order a JuiceBox for $500 including shipping (goes up to $550 tomorrow).
You would need to hire an electrician to install a circuit breaker, wiring, and a receptacle to plug the charger into.
If you paid +/- $40k for the car, what's another $1k to make charging more enjoyable?
I charge both my PacHy and my Tesla MX from one charger and it works great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can someone point me to the adapter that have been used and working great with Pacifica Hybrid? I do not want to DIY but if there is one i can buy it would be awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Search up EVDoctor on Amazon. I got one last September and used it for 5 months without problems...until I got another EV!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Search up EVDoctor on Amazon. I got one last September and used it for 5 months without problems...until I got another EV!
Thanks. Ended up ordering from here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts