2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Advanced Safety Tec Group
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after being parked for 13 days (fully charged) we took a little trip today and this popped up almost immediately: rather annoying tone and repeated several times. I cycled the start/stop at the first stop sign about 3/4 miles from home and still had the "ACC/FCW limited availability service required" message and tone (several times) and each time we restarted it repeated - guess i'm going in for service again! this is the first new car i've had that had to go into service 2 times before it has 500 miles on it (@#$! technology). on a positive note the 46% battery with 18 miles range remaining is after our errands that were 21 miles all electric with AC on - its hot in florida!
ACC-FCW limited functionality .jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
well after being parked for 13 days (fully charged) we took a little trip today and this popped up almost immediately: rather annoying tone and repeated several times. I cycled the start/stop at the first stop sign about 3/4 miles from home and still had the "ACC/FCW limited availability service required" message and tone (several times) and each time we restarted it repeated - guess i'm going in for service again! this is the first new car i've had that had to go into service 2 times before it has 500 miles on it (@#$! technology). on a positive note the 46% battery with 18 miles range remaining is after our errands that were 21 miles all electric with AC on - its hot in florida! View attachment 43645
Save yourself a time.

wash off dirt from that front eye ball and windshield in front of rearview mirror and see if it fixes it.

Hop it works.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good plan - i hope it works too but i dont think it will - we werent driving it the last 13 days because of Florida's "luv bug" season, we last drove it May 4th and i washed the bugs off the front bumper and windshield (including the big center radar lens in the lower grill). I'm gonna wash it off again and dry it this time just to check. I thought there was a different message for obstructed view from dirt/snow from the owner manual “Wipe Front Radar Sensor In Front Of Vehicle” Warning message, my message "service required" given "newness" i figure its "electronic infant mortality" like the TPS sensor that died after we had put just 50 miles on the pachy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have had that same problem with my 2018. In my case they replaced the camera at the top of the windshield and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i need more help - called the dealership and the service guy said they dont have the tool to check the system he advised me to contact another dealership - tried and got no answer after being on hold for 10 min i give up. I want the dealership where i bought the car to service it - how do i get help?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Well i need more help - called the dealership and the service guy said they dont have the tool to check the system he advised me to contact another dealership - tried and got no answer after being on hold for 10 min i give up. I want the dealership where i bought the car to service it - how do i get help?
@ChryslerCares, I think that's your phone ringing! Help this new Pachy owner! His/her dealership needs some serious schooling in customer relations.

@breenfamily, if you don't get an immediate response from @ChryslerCares, click on the link to them, and write them with details of your problem and your dealer's "try another dealership" response.

What part of Florida are you from? There are some good FCA dealers there. You might receive some suggestions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Waldo - Merritt Island Florida - Brevard County, the dealership where i purchased my hybrid is where the service guy says they dont have the tool and have been waiting for one for 'a while'. i tried to pm @ChryslerCares but i dont think they are online right now.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I know it's annoying to have that message, but it only means that two safety features (that most vehicles don't have) are not functioning. You will need someone at Chrysler to escalate this to get it fixed. Their national line is 800-334-9200.

That Merritt Island dealer has a really good reputation. Perhaps you need to find someone else to talk to there.

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
240 Posts
Care to elaborate on your statement?
Care to elaborate on your statement?
Sure. A month/700-miles after buying my 2020, I noticed a small trim piece missing on the floor by the middle row of seats (about the size of a US quarter). I went to the dealer and after discussion as to who had to replace the 95-cent part, sales or service, the service writer tried to help. He removed another of the caps. The number on it wasn't the part number. Neither he nor the parts counter man could identify it. They did not have any hybrids left on the lot, and the gas vehicles don't have this plug as they have the Stow-N-Go. They apologized and said that they couldn't help me.
I came home and called Chrysler Cares. The lady there was willing to provide me with a list of other Chrysler dealers within my area to seek help from, but couldn't send me the plug as she didn't know if mine was really missing.
I went online and identified the part number as YZ24PL5AC and ordered one at the full retail price of 95-cents (plus .08 tax). One could have been mailed to me for a total cost to Chrysler of $1.50; quite a figure to save while pissing off a long term (or short term) customer that just bought a $47,000 vehicle. I suppose that they assume that I will have time to "get over it" before it is time to shop again.
I repeat: Chrysler Cares is a joke.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'd be more inclined to declare that the bozos at your dealer were a joke. You do have a legitimate complaint about your dealer's handling of this. I'd go to the general manager. If he gives you the brush off, post the dealer's name here, and send him a link. That'll get his attention.

@ChryslerCares is not here to get parts for you. They are online here to because complaints posted here have wide influence, and they need to address them.

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
240 Posts
I'd be more inclined to declare that the bozos at your dealer were a joke. You do have a legitimate complaint about your dealer's handling of this. I'd go to the general manager. If he gives you the brush off, post the dealer's name here, and send him a link. That'll get his attention.

@ChryslerCares is not here to get parts for you. They are online here to because complaints posted here have wide influence, and they need to address them.
Well, if ChryslerCares job is to direct me to various dealerships to beg them to do the right thing, they did their job well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
You do realize that Chrysler cares is just a group that monitor tweets and point you in direction . They have zero automotive knowledge pertaining to vehicle , problems , repairs and resolutions . Third party to kind of escalate certain undertakings . All in all, faster to do ones own due diligence today .

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Well, if ChryslerCares job is to direct me to various dealerships to beg them to do the right thing, they did their job well.
I still don't understand why you feel you have a complaint with ChryslerCares? Your selling dealer is the sole jerkmeister here. He should have been able to lookup the part and get it for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
getting back on topic - ChryslerCares pm'd me that they had escalated my issue and someone from Chrysler would call me "please give 24 hours" that was 2 days ago but i will wait. I called the dealership where i bought the van who advised me to find another local dealer with the tool as they have been waiting for one for "a while". the only other dealer within 25 miles didnt answer the phone so i am waiting to see if chrysler cares - pun not intended - can locate they mysterious tool and get it to the dealership soon.... the ACC seems to function normally, the backup camera and overhead views look fine, the proximity sensors seem to be working (on all sides) so i am not certain what limited functionality i have and what service is required. I tried alphaOBD but the free version would not read any of the data when paired with my bluetooth OBD dongle elm327.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts