2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I still don't understand why you feel you have a complaint with ChryslerCares?
Because tantrums. Some people just feel like the have to be angry all the time. Then they wonder why people don't want to help them. People like this are boring.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dearer is feeding you a line about part , they don’t want to purchase the part because they think the probability of work on hybrid is minimal to them . Call their bluff and ask them to show you the requisition form for the “ part / tool “ . Some dealers take your money for car and promise you stellar service , sign the order form and then the real customer - dealership rears it’s head . I always tel people that service makes repeat sales not just the “ buy it philosophy “ .

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Advanced Safety Tec Group
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Chrysler Cares called today - they heard back from my purchasing dealer and want me to take to another dealer who has tool required (i cant get anyone to tell me what tool is required, doesnt really make much sense to me that there is a Pacifica Hybrid UNIQUE tool. I would think that ACC/FCW on all Pacificas use the same sensors/cameras and controlers?)

I called the next closest dealership (31 miles away) and they say they have the tool, i have an appointment tomorrow morning to see what is wrong.

As far as i can tell the only thing not working is lane sense, the message "ACC/FCW Limited Functionality Service Required" pops up and the LaneSense "off" button (located on the switch panel below the Uconnect display) automatically is turned to "off" (blue light is on) and can not be turned "ON" (blue light is off). I haven't tried the auto park assist to see if it is still working (it worked when we took delivery).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was speaking to the service manager at the dealership I bought my hybrid from, and he said they could service my hybrid not only because they had the trained techs, but also they had the "hybrid service tool." He laughed and then asked if I knew what a "technician remover" was? He described it as a pole with a hook that they used to pull a tech away from the HV system when he screws up and gets zapped. Seriously don't think this is "the tool" or that he was doing anything other than pulling my leg, but plug-in hybrids do have some vastly different servicing needs. But for the ACC/FCW?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was speaking to the service manager at the dealership I bought my hybrid from, and he said they could service my hybrid not only because they had the trained techs, but also they had the "hybrid service tool." He laughed and then asked if I knew what a "technician remover" was? He described it as a pole with a hook that they used to pull a tech away from the HV system when he screws up and gets zapped. Seriously don't think this is "the tool" or that he was doing anything other than pulling my leg, but plug-in hybrids do have some vastly different servicing needs. But for the ACC/FCW?
Retired electrician here, just want to say that "technician remover" is a valid and useful tool to keep the rescue person from getting the same shock or burn when something goes badly wrong powering down the what, 377volts? battery system. I was burned once by high current 240volts all the way from my hand to my shoulder, it wasn't any fun at all. These techs don't have 6 years of electrical school or 10 years of experience. It is very wise for them to be so cautious to order the "technician remover" before powering down the battery. If there is a radar tech out there who reads this, chime in on the ACC/FCW voltage and amperage requirements. I have no idea. Is there high voltage on the ACC/FCW? Is the wiring harness orange? From my viewpoint it would make for much smaller wire size to feed it.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Acc fcw has nothing to do with high voltage system of the ehybrid . The harness itself is ran they the body harness and utilizes a plug that’s the same size as your iPhone charger . The crystal ball ( lower fascia ) and upper camera ( overhead console/ windshield ) are a basic common part utilized from all fca platforms within reason . So what makes it more interesting is that from a theory point of view , Ram, Jeep, Chrysler , dodge all utilize same principles for acc/fcw on paper . The so called “ tool “ should be same in theory to calibrate for all associated brands . All manufactures utilize cross part sharing to alleviate the cost of implementation and process communization.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Acc fcw has nothing to do with high voltage system of the ehybrid . The harness itself is ran they the body harness and utilizes a plug that’s the same size as your iPhone charger . The crystal ball ( lower fascia ) and upper camera ( overhead console/ windshield ) are a basic common part utilized from all fca platforms within reason . So what makes it more interesting is that from a theory point of view , Ram, Jeep, Chrysler , dodge all utilize same principles for acc/fcw on paper . The so called “ tool “ should be same in theory to calibrate for all associated brands . All manufactures utilize cross part sharing to alleviate the cost of implementation and process communization.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
240 Posts
I'd be more inclined to declare that the bozos at your dealer were a joke. You do have a legitimate complaint about your dealer's handling of this. I'd go to the general manager. If he gives you the brush off, post the dealer's name here, and send him a link. That'll get his attention.

@ChryslerCares is not here to get parts for you. They are online here to because complaints posted here have wide influence, and they need to address them.
I sure am glad that ChryslerCares has you as a spokesman. We can all kneel to your opinions. Thank you and God Bless you!

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Advanced Safety Tec Group
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Service at Gator Chrysler in Melbourne Fl was pretty good.
I had a 7:30 am appointment, arrived 5 minutes early and both service lines were full (i was 5th in line, when service writer got to me she asked if we were going to wait or wanted a ride - then realized we were 30+ miles away and said she would see what they could do as the shop was already "full" (I was thinking - oh boy here we go...). About 1.5 hours later i see our PacHy outside, service writer came to tell me the forward camera was not working and was ordered, might arrive in 1 day but not necessarily and they would call when it was in to schedule the change out which she estimated would take about 1.5 hours. I asked her what "special tool" they had that the 2 dealership closest to me didn't, she said it wasn't anything unique to PacHy (as i suspected) but then i started thinking about trained tech requirement and the actual change out of the camera (not sure how it is mounted to the windshield) so that may be what is lacking at the other dealerships?

When we left i checked my charge and miles against the drop off, service put 2.4 miles on it, and 43 minutes of "on" time, turned on the AC, and had the seat all the way back and down, they also had charged the HV battery from 25% to 37%!

·
Registered
602 Posts
About 1.5 hours later i see our PacHy outside, service writer came to tell me the forward camera was not working and was ordered, might arrive in 1 day but not necessarily and they would call when it was in to schedule the change out which she estimated would take about 1.5 hours.
Sounds like the same result as my experience after getting the same message. They replaced the forward camera. I had the car back two days after I took it in and haven't had a problem since. The only difference is that we live reasonably close to the dealer so my wife took me home on the first day and dropped me off when it was ready to be picked up. Based on what I have read here and on the Facebook forum, the abilities of Chrysler dealers vary widely. My dealer, Chapman Chrysler Jeep Dodge and Ram in Scottsdale AZ seems to be just fine, although the experience level of the service writers is uneven.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Might be a tool needed to power down the vehicle, since unless I'm mistaken to power down the 12v also requires disconnecting the HV battery.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wouldn’t be a powering down issue as the component has a engine fuse/relay and is just a plug n play connection . If that was case , powering down , the. Vast majority of repairs dealers would have to power down the entire vehicle . Powering down for electrical batteries I get but for other electronic components is a far stretch.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts