2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

2018 Pacifica L does not include second row stow'n'go and comes with deluxe bench. There is also no storage under the floor.
If I understand correctly, hybrids use that empty area for batteries. What happened to this useful space on Pacifica L? Was it intentionally wasted?

Michael.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I don't think Pacificas come with second row benches. Its two captains chairs, that are stow and go, and a removable center "seat." The only difference is that you don't have the option of having the panoramic roof as the center seat's seatbelt is anchored to the roof above it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi,

2018 Pacifica L does not include second row stow'n'go and comes with deluxe bench. There is also no storage under the floor.
If I understand correctly, hybrids use that empty area for batteries. What happened to this useful space on Pacifica L? Was it intentionally wasted?

Michael.
The entry level Pacifica does not have 2nd row stow and go. You have to move up to the next level LX to get it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
there is no second row bench seat avaliable.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi,

What happened to this useful space on Pacifica L? Was it intentionally wasted?

Michael.
To better answer your specific question; the space wasn't intentionally wasted. To save money, the space was not provide. The "space" is a bin that is added into the floor. For the entry level L model the bins are not included and the more expensive folding seats are replaced by a simple bench seat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for explanation. I was under the impression that it was integral part of the frame.[/QUOTE

Looking at the photo you provided, it would have been nice if Chrysler included a covered storage area in the floor between the bench seat and the passenger side sliding door.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is the only option on L trim. Please see screenshot.
wow i stand corrected. i thought they ALL came with stow n go....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Didn't know that. What did happen to the storage?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
wow i stand corrected. i thought they ALL came with stow n go....
Looks like they added a new cheaper base model for 2018 that stripped out some of things that were standard in all 2017 models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like they added a new cheaper base model for 2018 that stripped out some of things that were standard in all 2017 models.
This is the reason I purchased 2018 Pacifica vs 2017 Kia Sedona LX @ 25K price range. Find absolutely no use for 2nd row stow-n-go and prefer easier entrance from the passenger side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts