2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a CPO and the head rest on passenger side seat in 2nd row is busted. Dealer wants me to replace it on my dime.

Where's the best place to buy it? it's a limited with alloy interior.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Isn't it under warranty???
"CPO" implies that there is a "certified used" warranty. Perhaps it only covers the drivetrain. However, the headrest is definitely a safety item. I'd pursue that angle. If that is a Chrysler dealer, perhaps we should put them on the CAD* list. It's hard to imagine them selling a vehicle with a broken headrest.

*Certified A**h**e Dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I agree 100%. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow with a sales manager. Will update how it goes. Funny part is when we went to pick up the van only that one seat was stowed, we did not think anything about it. Next day when trying to get the unstow the seat, the headrest was simply dangling by the cord :surprise:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Note to everyone. Whenever buying a used car, please check everything with hawk’s eye. Don’t believe or trust the salesman or dealership to make it right after signing the deal.
I would call Chrysler corporate and report the dealership, also ask help from @ChryslerCares.
Everyone watch this space. This thing might throw the s*** at the ceiling for the dealer if they don’t step up and replace it free of cost and apologize to the OP.
I’m keeping popcorn ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 to what Bond007 said. Don't trust blindly, inspect everything prior to driving off the lot. Learnt it the hard way...:nerd:

Anyhow, after multiple trips and having to talk to the general manager, the headrest has finally been replaced.:grin2:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
+1 to what Bond007 said. Don't trust blindly, inspect everything prior to driving off the lot. Learnt it the hard way...:nerd:

Anyhow, after multiple trips and having to talk to the general manager, the headrest has finally been replaced.:grin2:

Good to hear. Glad that everything was done per warranty. Hopefully you get the apology as well. :D. Thanks for updating us. let us know if you have any other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

Glad to hear that you got the headrest fixed. If your van is under 36,000 miles/36 months (from date of first purchase) I think the original factory warranty should cover things. If after that, then the CPO warranty should cover things from your date of purchase. I'm sure you've been checking everything since then.

If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up every time and help us answer your questions. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts