2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All- I have a 2018 Pacifica and one of the second row seats quit tilting forward. I can’t figure out the issue. Anyone have a similar problem with a solution?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes I have. Basically what happened was the Chrysler floor mat slid back a little too far and it jammed up the seat. Once the seat senses it requires more effort than it should to put seat up or down it disables it. Have to take it to dealership, remove obstruction, and recalibrate it. The service advisor was able to do it in about 5 minutes. They hook up their little tablet odb tool and resets and recalibrated it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hi All- I have a 2018 Pacifica and one of the second row seats quit tilting forward. I can’t figure out the issue. Anyone have a similar problem with a solution?
Do you mean when you are trying to stow the seat? If I don't have the arm rests up, the seat doesn't stow as easily.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Pretty sure the OP is talking about tilting the second row, not stowing.

[ame]https://youtu.be/iRgDNFikAhQ?t=38[/ame]

I haven't had this issue, just wanted to clarify the issue. How does the release lever feel? Perhaps a disconnected cable?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yes I have. Basically what happened was the Chrysler floor mat slid back a little too far and it jammed up the seat. Once the seat senses it requires more effort than it should to put seat up or down it disables it. Have to take it to dealership, remove obstruction, and recalibrate it. The service advisor was able to do it in about 5 minutes. They hook up their little tablet odb tool and resets and recalibrated it.
Lily. are you talking about the 3rd row? I don't think there are any electronics involved with the 2nd row, which is the OP's problem area.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lily. are you talking about the 3rd row? I don't think there are any electronics involved with the 2nd row, which is the OP's problem area.
Yeah, I dont know what I was thinking. I was talking about the 3rd row. Second row has allot of cable and housing. Most of the time the little stopers on the end of the cable are just crimped on and isnt uncommon for them to come off with use. I've had to replace quit a few on crew seats on aircraft - and supposedly those are "high quality aviation grade" as the price reflected it lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts