2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bumps are a feature not a defect...

Just heard back from Chrysler support who now says that this is "characteristic of the vehicle" due to the mounting of the AC unit underneath. I confirmed with my service advisor however that it is not present on the vehicles with the stitched dash. To be honest I find it astonishing that Chrysler cannot find a way to remedy this obvious design or assembly defect.

It appears I have hit a dead end as far as FCA support or my service advisors are concerned. Not sure what I will do at this point other than to get a cover, if I can find one that isn't too ugly that is. (If anyone has a recommendation with actual photos please let me know.) I may have expensed more than enough energy on this and may just consider it a "Chrysler" issue, lesson learned or just file a complaint that will probably go nowhere. :(

Glad your repair went well.

That is not normal. Take it back and have them replace it. My new dash is perfect. When the dealer got my replacement dash in. We went there and looked it over and gave it a pass before the vehicle went in. I would not accept that dash. Call FCA customer support person. Open a case.
My dash still looks good.
If they won't help you. call the news.
Lucky Fl has a good lemon law you can take it back 3 times for the same problem and they will refund or exchange the vehicle.
I would go nuts if my dash looked like that. Get a lawyer too.Unacceptable.
Mine has the stitching though. But I have looked at the ones new on the lot that dont have the stitching and they are perfect too.
Keep ordering tell you get a good one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go on the lot and look at new ones. Non here where I am have these bumps. Call your news network and tell what Chryster said. They would not be able to sell these vehicles with these problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chrysler design defect

Thanks for checking, but the ones I have seen on the lots have the bumps like mine unless that are the stitched dash version. I will check another lot for the most recent shipment but Chrysler Enhanced Customer Care is now closing my case as they consider these defects to be normal (even though they initially said it was not.) They have given me an address to send in a formal complaint. If I can find some vans without the bumps I may pursue it further otherwise it appears to be a design defect. If anyone has one of these vans without stitched dash WITHOUT bumps please chime in.

Go on the lot and look at new ones. Non here where I am have these bumps. Call your news network and tell what Chryster said. They would not be able to sell these vehicles with these problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here.....Just bought a '17 Pac Limited with 56K and it has some minor bubbles in the dash. Mine are small, only about 3" in diameter each and maybe there are 3ct. I have never pulled the dash to this car apart, however I have in many other vehicles. The construction of most dashes I have experience with all share a similar construction where foam is injection molded from either the top or the bottom of a plastic form like shell. These shells usually have holes drilled to allow the liquid foam to enter as it catalyzes and expands. The subsequent expansion through these holes anchors the foam to the shell along with the general adhesive properties of the injection foam itself.

Our vehicles being subject to 140+ degree heat can cause these foams to either change shape, off gas, or otherwise deform. Additionally, if there is a non permeable layer, such as the wrapping on the dash, and excess heat or gas of any sort cannot escape, it will create positive pressure and separate the layer from the foam.

After feeling the bumpy areas of this dash that seems to be the case. My only worry is how far the failed adhesion will go.

Anyone remember pretty much every dash on a late 90s to early 2000s GM a vehicle? Better yet how about head liner adhesion failure on every GM or Chrysler I have every owned.

My solution was to try and find a compatible sealant and use a needle to inject it through the leather and then try and palpate the bubbles back down.

Anyone every try this?

181 - 185 of 185 Posts