2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

360 Safety Sphere (-$522) and Park Assist ($65) features MISSING. Pacifica please make it available to the Customers. Feeling CHEATED

7K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  Ducksface 
#1 ·
Hi There,
I hope this problem is with many Chrystler Pacifica owners. I purchased "Pacifica Hybrid Touring L 2022" model and found missing the component (a. Safety Sphere -$522, and ParkSense Rear Park Assist -$65) in the vehicle. I thought this will be an easy fix as I will tell the dealer to make it available with the charges above, but seems to be more complicated.
Customer service tells that the dealer will take care of that, and the dealer says we are not part of this because the manufacturer created this problem. I don't know where to go, after buying a vehicle for $54,000+ money I feel CHEATED. The customer service is so rude that they say you are done with your buying and so.
If anyone is in a similar situation, please let us know about the solution. If we need to hire a lawyer to Sue Chrysler for this act please help.

Thank you,

Attachments

#2 ·
Yes, I wondered if dealers could add these features as parts (chips) became available, but it appears the answer is a resounding "no." About the only thing that can be done is to get the word out in forums like this one so prospective buyers can also say "no" when it comes time to sign a purchase agreement. Chrysler may not be listening to their current customers regarding this issue, but they will certainly listen to dealers whose prospective customers are walking out the door with their money still in their wallets.

Reactions: Thundering Banshee
#40 ·
It doesn’t distinguish you’re saying it’s obvious, but I have the same issue standard features unless replaced by optional equipment it says safety sphere 360 surround view, cameras, system, parks, front and rear park assist with stock parallel and perpendicular park assist with adaptive cruise control with stop and go Blindspot rear cross path detection, lane, departure warning, full speed, front collision, warning plus pedestrian, emergency, breaking advance, brake sensorsand a bunch of other things nowhere does and a bunch of other things. Nowhere does it it distinguish that safety spear is all of them some of them or none of them because I’m to assume that when it says safety spear unavailable -522 and parking rear assist -65 it doesn’t say anything about the 360 surround view, camera system, parallel, perpendicular park assistant with stop or any of that stuff the $522 is probably their cost of parts not what they would sell it to us installed for. There is no way for me to pay that money to put the parts in my car. After the fact as my mirrors, don’t have the molding that required for the cameras to be installed they purposely misled customers and now I have a vehicle that after the fact doesn’t have everything that it should.

#3 ·
The window sticker clearly states the vehicle does not have these features and they are unavailable - are you saying that you saw that and before buying you asked Chrysler if the features could be added later and they said yes? Did you ask the dealer about adding these features and they said yes? Did Chrysler or the dealer tell you they could be added for the cost of the credit? I understand your frustration but when making a purchase it is the consumer's responsibility to verify the product meets their standards so unless you have evidence the manufacturer or dealer lied to you before purchase I doubt you'll have any success with hiring a lawyer. My 22 had the power fold mirrors credit and I was well aware before purchase there was no way that feature could be added later for $73 parts and labor.

#5 ·
Does the window sticker in fact show if there's been an omission? I'm just curious for my next purchase.

#6 ·
In my experience with the removal of regularly included options the window sticker always has shown the removed feature with a corresponding credit - i.e. manual folding mirror credit -$73. In my case this was a k own issue at time of order so I placed my factory order knowing my van would not ha e that option but in other cases folks have have options removed at time of production.

#9 ·
They aren't missing if the window sticker lists them as removed. Missing would be if it lists the option, your car didn't come with something, and they didn't list the delete on the sticker.

I have purchased cars and seen many window stickers that list a credit for something, some of these window stickers are from the 70s and onward. This isn't anything new. It is up to the customer to look at what they are paying for at the time of purchase.

We can pay same amount(522 + 65) back to chrysler and ask them to install those itmes.
If you negotiated into your sales agreement that the dealer would install all this for for the price you list, and both parties sign that agreement, you might have a lawsuit. But I bet you will not find this in any of your paperwork.

#10 ·
I purchased "Pacifica Hybrid Touring L 2022" model and found missing the component (a. Safety Sphere -$522, and ParkSense Rear Park Assist -$65) in the vehicle.
I'm not a lawyer or anything, but you just admitted you purchased it knowing it didn't have those items on it.

You could've simply not purchased the vehicle if you didn't like it not having those features, which it clearly said it didn't have.

So I'm not sure what the issue is here...

If there is any class lawsuit for the missing items, I am in. We can pay same amount(522 + 65) back to chrysler and ask them to install those itmes.
Yeah, okay.
Good luck with that :ROFLMAO:

They never said they were retrofitting the items (like GM was doing for example; issuing a credit & stating on the window sticker "retrofit at a later date").
Chrysler was just giving a credit for the delete and you took the van, as is, without those items.

But, again, no gun was to your head to still purchase the vehicle while you knew it was missing those items.

#11 ·
Those thinking this is an easy retrofit may be mistaken. Depending on what parts were not available at the time of the build, it could entail major disassembly of the vehicle, and replacement of parts already installed. ie Bumpers might have to be replaced if the sensors that are used for the Park Sense were not accounted for in the bumper that got installed during manufacture. And the 360 cameras would require replacement of the driver and passenger door mirrors. And depending on where the modules and sensors are located, it may be difficult to get the location where the sensors/modules need to be installed.

I can't see how the Safety Sphere could be added back for the same price quoted for the delete credit. That amount probably just covers the parts. The labour on the assembly line would be negligible. But the labour to try to retrofit would be $$$$.

#12 ·
First of all, thank you all for your honest comments. Actually, the real situation was like that, we went to the dealer for a very short period of time and somehow I skip to read the window sticker in detail. Also, I am not so technical guy so don't know what features are been disrupted by this unavailability of missing parts. It looks like the major parking functionality was been cut for with you paying for the trim. So, taking out approx $600 money is eventually cutting off $5000 functionality, which seems to be cheating. Why Chrystler says unavailable, but instead they should have changed the whole trim? Or if the parts are unavailable during the manufacture they could recall to add them later time when they are available.

#13 ·
"Cheating?"

It CLEARLY says on the window sticker that the vehicle didn't have the features because they were unavailable. The sales person should've been able to explain that to you too, if you didn't understand it. The "chip shortage" & parts availability has been national news for like 2 years now.
They just don't take money off the window sticker for free/nothing, lol.
OR if you were expecting those features.....you could've asked why they weren't there when you looked at the vehicle and/or test drove it.

As stated above, there is no way to retrofit that stuff back on (easily) and it definitely wouldn't be for the $600 price either. They paid you for the parts cost that it doesn't have, since they weren't available at the time, most likely.

You weren't cheated though. You bought the van without the features & it falls on you for not knowing and/or missing it, unfortunately.
You don't have any sort of legal case and Chrysler won't add/retrofit it to your van either.

Live with the van and move on with life, or sell it/trade it in & move on with life is all that you're going to hear from (most of) us on here.

Side note: I don't have the Safety Sphere option on my 2021 Hybrid Limited and I've never once wished I had it.

#14 ·
Chrysler had to put out something onto the lots. Many dealers just raised their hands and took the predesigned bank orders just to get some vans outside of allocation.
Some speculation here. Vans in Canada do not need to match California's safety requirements so some could be released missing required items like the back-up camera. That breaks the whole 360 safety sphere. I think the credit would be more of a whole larger group credit rather than a camera credit.

#16 ·
Hi There,
I hope this problem is with many Chrystler Pacifica owners. I purchased "Pacifica Hybrid Touring L 2022" model and found missing the component (a. Safety Sphere -$522, and ParkSense Rear Park Assist -$65) in the vehicle. I thought this will be an easy fix as I will tell the dealer to make it available with the charges above, but seems to be more complicated.
Customer service tells that the dealer will take care of that, and the dealer says we are not part of this because the manufacturer created this problem. I don't know where to go, after buying a vehicle for $54,000+ money I feel CHEATED. The customer service is so rude that they say you are done with your buying and so.
If anyone is in a similar situation, please let us know about the solution. If we need to hire a lawyer to Sue Chrysler for this act please help.

Thank you,
[/QNo
Hi There,

Thank you,
I am in this EXACT situation! I just bought a 23’ Pacifica L and on the website it says it comes STANDARD. There is no credit for the window sticker. I will GLADLY take part in the lawsuit.
I called Chrysler and they said talk to the dealer and the dealer has said basically tough beans.

#17 · (Edited)
I just ordered a limited and wrote on the order agreement that it comes as ordered or it stays with the dealer, I get a full deposit refund and I move on. Forced a Manager it sign the adendum that I printed on the order. I suspect the Touring is the first to get deletes due to shortages. Limited would be next in line. However, surveying current deliverys, I am finding that the 2023 Limited's are coming in complete.

One day after my order, I received 50 calls from another dealer who had received 2 fully loaded Limiteds. Guys, they were offering MSRP less $2500 and begging me for a sale. It's not 2022 anymore and Chrysler and Dealers are receiving vehicle cancellations, inventories and a shrinking customer pool. In another 2 months, look for fat factory incentives to return. A good first factory incentive would to ship an order complete without deletes.

edit: Just got a call from my dealer. One week after my order I am moved to D1 status with a 4 week from now projected delivery. It's not 2022.

#18 ·
Hi There,

Thank you,
Adding to this issue, recently I figure out that the lane assist is a jerk in this vehicle which has missing safety sphere. It seems that the camera of safety sphere are used to perform the accurate lane assist movements, and since 2022 touring L doesn't have these side cameras the steering wheel over turn and let car go in the other lane without any safety protection from side lane traffic. So it means this is a jerk car with missing: 360 safety sphere + Parking sensors + lane assist, well by paying $53,000 money. One could have got a decent Tesla, BMW or Audi with this price.

#22 ·
The side cameras on the outside mirrors are only for the 360 view. They have absolutely no connection to the Lane Keep Assist, LKA. It is the camera behind the inside mirror that is used for this feature.

I always found the LKA would bounce me side to side no matter what sensitivity settings were used in the settings for that feature. It is not a lane centering feature, but it is to an assist to warn when veering out of the lane. After trying it out to see what it could do, I never turned it on again.

#19 · (Edited)
$53,000 hasn't a sinlgle thing to do with any of this.

The best you could be, in what you call a $53,000 situation, was to be the guy who didn't read the window sticker.

Sell the vehicle. Buy that decent
Tesla or Audi or bmw
Otherwise I see lots of grousing and unhappy.
(But, just so you know, tesla bought Amazon and Walgreens parts to put in their cars during the shortage. Sent line people to Walgreens.) Good luck

What is it you want us to do to help?
It is highly unlikely anyone will ever again be buying a new 2022 so I'm kinda missing the point of your posts.

It's ok to be angry when your expectations aren't met.
It's not ok to make that anger into a hobby.

#20 ·
This is the frustration of a customer where company is not willing to listen the problems and pretending that everything is ok. I want to repeat "It's not ok to take customer money and not providing the things what are supposed to be given." Don't compare with Tesla, BMW or Audii they listen to the customer and do the job to the excellence of satisfaction. I am not the only one who is complaining about this issue. There are tons of post in the forum, if something is wrong I will say wrong, no one can stop me in saying so.
It seems that you are the spoke person for Chrystler hiding behind the walls, why don't you do something to resolve this issue. We want to pay the refund amount and get the missing parts installed, "It's so simple as that".

#21 · (Edited)
We want to pay the refund amount and get the missing parts installed, "It's so simple as that".
That's not happening, nor is it simple. The best option would be to trade it for what you want. Then you would be happy with the vehicle.

When I dealt with my recent problems from sloppy mechanic work breaking my vehicle for 52 days, I waited until my vehicle was fixed at a different dealer after it was towed from the first dealer that caused the issues after 34 days and no progress. I did however look at 2023 Pinnacles and would have been VERY unhappy downgrading from what I currently have. Had I dumped my 2021 and got the 2023 I would have never been fully happy with it as so much has been removed while jacking up the MSRP $11,000 more.

#23 ·
I don't see what you think you are owed. It says in clear print near the top of the sticker Standard Equipment Unless Replaced by Optional Equipment. The sticker goes on to giving a credit for not equipping this vehicle with certain options in the right column. It would be one thing if the sticker didn't list the credits, and omitted the word unavailable in the options section, but that isn't what happened.

This credit for unavailable options is not a new thing, my first new Chrysler back in 1994 had this exact scenario, a credit for deleted (unavailable) options. I am fairly certain it wasn't anything new nearly 30 years ago either. And it isn't just Chrysler that has done this either.

The only person you should be mad at is yourself for not reading the sticker, and not researching this before buying. I knew about this missing Safety Sphere situation before I ever visited a dealership this past Fall. I told the salesman that I knew they had issues with parts availability on this option, and he confirmed what I said. I didn't have to wait for him to disclose there were missing options. The Chrysler website declared all this if you did "build a car" as well as it being discussed in magazines, review websites, and even on this site.

#38 ·
I don't see what you think you are owed. It says in clear print near the top of the sticker Standard Equipment Unless Replaced by Optional Equipment. The sticker goes on to giving a credit for not equipping this vehicle with certain options in the right column. It would be one thing if the sticker didn't list the credits, and omitted the word unavailable in the options section, but that isn't what happened. This credit for unavailable options is not a new thing, my first new Chrysler back in 1994 had this exact scenario, a credit for deleted (unavailable) options. I am fairly certain it wasn't anything new nearly 30 years ago either. And it isn't just Chrysler that has done this either. The only person you should be mad at is yourself for not reading the sticker, and not researching this before buying. I knew about this missing Safety Sphere situation before I ever visited a dealership this past Fall. I told the salesman that I knew they had issues with parts availability on this option, and he confirmed what I said. I didn't have to wait for him to disclose there were missing options. The Chrysler website declared all this if you did "build a car" as well as it being discussed in magazines, review websites, and even on this site.
That’s why I never buy the cheap model because then you will cry later when you see everything that is missing. My 2019 limited order from factory has more add-ons than the new models offer now. That’s why I will not trade in until they stop their nonsense of removing so many options from the new ones.

#25 ·
Maybe you guys are smarter.
The mistake is mine as I am a first-time new car buyer.
The mistake is that when you go to a salesman, they avoid showing you the window sticker.
The mistake is that I went to Chrysler.
The mistake is that I heard about the importance of window stickers.
The mistake is that I didn't realize that the critical parts have been taken off which basically compromised your vehicle with lots of safety issues.
The mistake is that like me, many more new buyers are struggling that we are being cheated.
The mistake is that you smart guys are Chrysler agents, and hence never want to realize what a common person is dealing with after spending so much money. Are you willing to give us money back? If you cannot do anything the just keep your ass away from this discussion.

#27 ·
The mistake is that you smart guys are Chrysler agents, and hence never want to realize what a common person is dealing with after spending so much money. Are you willing to give us money back? If you cannot do anything the just keep your ass away from this discussion.
These forums have absolutely no connection with Chrysler. It is an owner to owner help forum. @ChryslerCares is an official Chrysler customer service account on the forum where you can have personal contact and pass personal information along by PM that might be needed when they try to help the owners here. It is the same people that help on Twitter or Facebook.

So aside from ChryslerCares, there is no one here that can help you. And in this case there is nothing they can do. All you can do is vent your frustration here.

Reactions: snobrdrdan
#26 · (Edited)
'Maybe' leaves doubt. This thread is a definitive conversation with no doubts, just prior action.

My 1963 tbird came with money back because cruise control wasn't available even though it was on the option sheet.

"...realize what a common person is...."
DON'T BE COMMON.
Common means mediocre.
Aspire, higher.

#28 ·
Yes, I am trying to spread awareness to the Chrystler pacifica owners that there are wrong things happening within the company and we should get together to fight back. The missing parts and because of them the problem in the vehicle are of greatest concern. Every single penny worth of the consumers and no one has right to take them away without a proper service. Thank you again for your suggestion.

#29 ·
The missing parts and because of them the problem in the vehicle
What is missing? An option that your vehicle didn't come with? This isn't government mandated safety equipment like antilock brakes or airbags.

compromised your vehicle with lots of safety issues.
Cars didn't until just a couple years ago and still don't have this equipment. I have been trying to find a smaller car with this stuff, and you just can't find it on much of anything below $40K. This is luxury equipment.

I am a first-time new car buyer. .....................the importance of window stickers.
Would you buy a house without looking at it, reading the contract/listing, or researching it? If my house didn't come with A/C, and it was plainly visible in both the real estate listing and by looking at the home itself, do I blame the seller (or realtor) for the house not having A/C? You learned a valuable (albeit expensive) lesson here to always know what you are purchasing.

a salesman
Scummy and smooth talking salesmen has been a meme forever. Google Herb Tarlek for an example. Car salesmen in particular are shown to be slimy, look at Eugene Levy's salesman character Ed in the Lampoon Vacation selling Chevy Chase (Clark) a new car.

Clark Griswald : Settle down Russ. Let me handle this. Ed, uh... this is not the car I ordered. I distinctly ordered the Antartic Blue Super Sports Wagon with the C.B. and optional rally fun pack.
Ed, the car salesman : You didn't order the Metallic Pea?
Clark Griswald : Metallic Pea?

you smart guys are Chrysler agents, and hence never want to realize what a common person is dealing with after spending so much money.
That is the farthest thing from the truth I have ever read. I am far from rich, and certainly not happy with Chrysler right now let alone an "agent" of them. I am an average working person just like most everyone else on here.

#32 ·
I think you have a good reason to be upset but unfortunately you have no recourse. Setting aside the “Let the buyer beware” sentiment many of us have, maybe folks could help you consider options. I feel for you. The website I am sure said this trim level had the features you wanted. You went in secure in that knowledge. Unfortunately global pandemic, and Russian invasion screwed up supply lines. For most folks it’s easy to overlook. A good salesperson, in any other time, would have pointed it out. Perfect storm is what we have here. What if you went to dealer/s and said OK, how can we get Chysler, dealer, and customer together for the best resolution. Can they maximize trade-in, minimize price on new van with all the options you want, and you live with a little higher payment! I know it’s not ideal but a good deal is a state of mind not a number. If you aren’t happy, you will always resent the van. If they can work it out with you, even if you payment goes up a little , you will always be happy. Life’s too short. Get a regional or district sales manager involved and please for them to help you find a reasonable solution. @ChryslerCares please offer some option to the OP. I don’t know maybe a special rebate to offset the TTL. Some goodwill sales funds. Work it out.

#33 ·
In Aug '22 we ordered a Touring L PacHy expecting the full safety package. It took a couple days, but when I looked at the Buyer's Order it clearly was marked with "delete"s for the camera and safety sphere, with credits for the missing parts. But I also noticed on the Chrysler website that on the Limited Trim it was all included. Hmmm, those part shortages had a way of disappearing when you kicked more money in. We sucked up the extra cost and ordered the Limited. It was a slightly more ridiculous price but we got the panoramic sunroof, nappa leather, kick-to-open doors, wireless phone charging, an eliminated far back seat sunroof for '22 and a few other more minor missing features from 2021 (I had bought a used 2021 Touring L while waiting). The dealer ordered both vehicles and I'm sure he sold the Touring L right away as pandemic lot Pacificas were non-existent. Yeah you can blame it on the pandemic but suddenly the parts were available if you paid more for a higher trim vehicle. The Limited came in on Dec 30th, barely making my 2022 deadline and we have been happy with it ever since. You have to read the fine print, especially on a $49k purchase, at least the line items on the buyer's order if not the window sticker. It must have been on the web site, too, you just had to look in the right place, because I could tell the difference on the Limited. I wouldn't buy a 2022 Touring L, they're a shadow of the 2021 model, even color choices were cut back.

#36 ·
Yeah you can blame it on the pandemic but suddenly the parts were available if you paid more for a higher trim vehicle.
It is not that they suddenly become available when you pay more. The limited parts that were available were allotted to the higher margin/profit trim levels. So the lower trims get the deleted feature with a token credit.

#34 ·
As our lease was drawing to a close, we noticed virtually evey Pacifica cming to the lot lacked the surround video. It was one of the reasons we wound up buying the 2020 off the lease, along with the dropping of the 8th seat and spare tire options. It looks like our next van will be a KIA Carnival, unless the 8th seat comes back, ending a nearly quarter century of family Chrysler vans. We will miss the Stow and Go, but the 8th seat is non-negotiable. And I am not interested in aftermarket installations.

To your point, there were many posts on the forum about the vehicles coming in with options deleted. If this is your first Pacifica, you may not have been aware of the forum, or even noticed those threads..

It is unfortunately easy to overlook things in the excitement of a new car. But as friendly as he or she may be, the salesperson is out to close the sale. YOU have to make sure the options you want are actually on your intended purchase. It is an expensive lession.

#35 ·
As our lease was drawing to a close, we noticed virtually evey Pacifica cming to the lot lacked the surround video. It was one of the reasons we wound up buying the 2020 off the lease, along with the dropping of the 8th seat and spare tire options. It looks like our next van will be a KIA Carnival, unless the 8th seat comes back, ending a nearly quarter century of family Chrysler vans. We will miss the Stow and Go, but the 8th seat is non-negotiable. And I am not interested in aftermarket installations.

To your point, there were many posts on the forum about the vehicles coming in with options deleted. If this is your first Pacifica, you may not have been aware of the forum, or even noticed those threads..

It is unfortunately easy to overlook things in the excitement of a new car. But as friendly as he or she may be, the salesperson is out to close the sale. YOU have to make sure the options you want are actually on your intended purchase. It is an expensive lession.
8th seat gets added to touringL automatically when you include the Uconnect Theater Family Group package.

#42 ·
I appreciate you telling me what new meant to me. For your information we test drove a pinnacle. It had all the bells and whistles. We then said we wanted a gray and they suggested a hybrid over the phone. They said that it would have all the same features. My wife then went and picked it up. She doesn’t work in selling cars or understanding of purposely misleading window stickers if you look at the window sticker it literally lists 23 different standard equipment features for functional/safety. it doesn’t distinguish which ones if any are under the safety spear that they gave me the $522 credit back for when Chrysler prints, the window stickers, and then the sales representative doesn’t explain because they definitely are misleading. It doesn’t fall in the consumer that falls on the business. It’s specifically deceptive. If I say the whole store is 90% off to get you to come in then once you come in there’s only two items and you have to find them that are 90% off you use the deceptive means. Did we make a mistake by not immediately taking it back probably but two days later we had a newborn baby hence I traded in my BMW X5 for a minivan so excuse me

#48 ·
because they definitely are misleading
It says/said on your Monroney that the Safety Sphere was unavailable (& not on the car), and you received a credit due to that.

How is that "misleading?"

It sucks, but it was a industry wide problem with the (blasted on the news everywhere) "chip shortage."
Your poor understanding is the underlying issue here, sorry.