2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our 2018 Pacifica Hybrid. It did sit at the dealer for almost 2 years, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. Hopefully the battery isn't toast.

My wife got about 18 miles of electric range this morning driving 58mph with no wind and outside temp of about 38 degrees. Van was in the garage overnight which stays above 50 degrees. Heat was set to 70 degrees, so I believe heater was running at 5kw.

As best as I can tell, we should have had a range hit of about 30%, but we are seeing closer to 50%. Is this real common?

·
Registered
28 Posts
18miles at 50% battery ? that's awesome. FCA says its 32 miles total. looks like you are getting 36 which is perfect. i too get the same mileage on electric, the max on a summer day was 38miles. these days 28 to 32.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18miles at 50% battery ? that's awesome. FCA says its 32 miles total. looks like you are getting 36 which is perfect. i too get the same mileage on electric, the max on a summer day was 38miles. these days 28 to 32.
Sorry, I was referring to getting 50% of the rated range. We only got 18 miles in a full charge. I was expecting maybe 24-25 give. How cold it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to getting 50% of the rated range. We only got 18 miles in a full charge. I was expecting maybe 24-25 give. How cold it is.
Yes 18 is very low. May be the battery has degraded in those 2 years. Please trygetting it tested with dealership

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the usable battery capacity is 13kwh, then we are looking at ~720whm! That seems insane. We will give it another week or so and then take it in. Interesting situation as maybe the original dealer let the pack go back, but in the end Chrysler will have to take care of it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the usable battery capacity is 13kwh, then we are looking at ~720whm! That seems insane. We will give it another week or so and then take it in. Interesting situation as maybe the original dealer let the pack go back, but in the end Chrysler will have to take care of it?
I had other issues with some hybrid components malfunction, chrysler bear the cost during warranty period.
How much kwh did the battery take in ? Mine takes in 13.5-13.7 kwh total power and i can see it on the 240v charging station at the end of charging cycle

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes 18 is very low. May be the battery has degraded in those 2 years. Please trygetting it tested with dealership
Meh, I think the high voltage battery is fine and wouldn't bother going to the dealer just for that. Yeah it's in the lower range but the heat was probably chugging away, then throw in a couple hills and some entrance ramps and 18 miles it is.

See what it does on a warmer day and leave climate off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
see my observations here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts