2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I did it to get more room for a camping trip. I think 3 bolts for each side. Only takes about 5 minutes to pull. Mine are not power so dont know what removing power folding ones would be like
Firewood. Charcoal. A cooler full of beer. I'm in!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Removing the seats really does not add a lot of room. However as you see in the pick, it gave a good location for the cooler ( which is electric so it needed to be near the 12v plug) and storing things like firewood which would roll around and get the whole car dirty. I would not do it again unless we do a large trip like camping at the grand canyon for a week or something.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wouldn't the cooler still fit with the seats installed?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I often wonder why why people don't utilize the top rack and put a aero Thule rack to free up all the space behind the 3rd row?.

Because then they would not be able to park in many garages especially in town / cities which have a lower height ceiling/ entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The service advisor at the dealership where I bought my 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid told me that removing the rear seats could cause the airbag fault light to illuminate. If ever there was a true airbag fault, I wouldn't know it because the light would always be crying wolf. He said he didn't know for sure if that would happen, only that it seems to on some Pacificas.

Why remove the rear seats? Weight is one reason. I bought the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid so I can get better mileage. I am converting it to a camper van and I plan on taking several long road trips each year. Another reason is the extra room. Even if it's not a lot of additional room, every additional cubic inch matters when converting a minivan into a camper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
12v Electric Cooler?

Nikbrewer wrote that he plugs his electric cooler into the rear 12 volt outlet. Doesn't that drain the battery? How do you keep it cool when parked for extended periods on a hot day or overnight?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Because then they would not be able to park in many garages especially in town / cities which have a lower height ceiling/ entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That has been my problem running with my Yakima Showcase 20. There are MANY parking structures I cannot use and end up having to walk long distances after parking.

The trade-off, do you want more storage, or better parking?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
ThisSuckersElectrical
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing