2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I don’t know what dealer your ordering from but 21 model year will end soon and there’s probably only about 7 weeks left for that model year . It’s basically a crap for whats incoming that has been ordered months and months. So if your not in any urgency to have it ASAP then I’d say about 16 weeks , due to anymore plant shutdowns / part shortages , etc . Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, guys. I've searched out there and compare different kinds of mini vans, example: Dodge, Toyota, Kia, Honda, Chrysler & Mercedes and I end up choosing a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica. We have decent amount of snows here during winter times and 2021 Chrysler Pacifica have AWD/non hybrid. I am not a hybrid fan so I never went for Toyota Sienna or 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids, even though they are good on gas. My dealer says 2021 Chrysler Pacifica takes about 12 weeks more or less for it to be build and arrive, they also offering 15% off msrp for the 2021 builds. So my wait is about 12 weeks if i am lucky maybe earlier. I know the overall height for 2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD is 71 inches high and the length are about 205 inches long. I have limited garage space and would prefer parking inside the garage. Since there are no dealerships within my area has any used 2021 Chrysler Pacifica for me to take my measuring tape to measure the over all height and length when the trunk/rear door opens to the full. I am wondering if anyone knows the exact measurement in inches? thanks. will definitely post some pics here when the vehicle arrive. and its a great pleasure to meet all the dad and mom here, will be looking forward to learn from everyone. View attachment 47243 View attachment 47244 View attachment 47245
Hey there,

I recently purchased a 21 non-hybrid limited AWD. It was very hard to find.

I wanted to buy a Toyota, because the American-engineered vehicles are typically less reliable and certainly struggle with resale value in comparison, but I could not find one. I think every manufacturer struggled with this recently.
Sure enough, ours came with two bad wheel bearings, leaky sunroof, a few missing parts, etc. And yet, I am very happy we purchased it - our kids think it's incredible, the stow-n-go system is awesome, and new cars have a good warranty, so it will be up to Chrysler to fix all of our concerns (to give them credit, they have been trying).

We also park in an underground garage. I can send you pics and measurements - is there something specific that you're looking for beyond the rear gate opening? It's quite a big vehicle, eg. at 6'2" I cannot wash the roof without a step ladder.

All in all, you'll be happy with one of these vans. The kids are bonkers for it. Just make sure to buy the extended warranty, and don't plan to sell it without a significant depreciation compared to the other brands. To me, this doesn't matter so much and we're loving every minute of it. Our kids call it the blue whale.

Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are so lucky to have the limit, i can't even find the base anymore, but i totally agree with you , i've heard everyone talking about how unreliable they are.I was thinking about toyota sienna, but i am just not a fan of their only hybrid system & a 4 cylinder engine. i saw toyota with used awd hybrid system, test drove it and i could hardly over pass a vehicle or pick up speed during highway, it just remind me of the mercedes benz sprinter, and yes around my toyota dealership, all has told me its about 4 months wait as well and i should be thankful to even get one, so no negotiation there. the other brands are just front wheels drives. When i saw Chrysler's interior, it reminds me of the mercedes benz luxury cars. and their stow n go system are very practical for my personal use. i also do believe if by luck we do get a non lemon vehicle, we would drive it until the end. I also do like the looks of pacifica compare to odessy and sienna. my neighbour have being using caravan for years and its being fine, so i want to believe in Chrysler as well.

about the rear gate opening, when the gate is about pointing at 3 o clock. i assume its the furthest length, i am just wondering whats the total length of the car while the rear gate is opened at the longest length. and also when the gate is opened until it reach to the top. what would be the measurement of the height from the top of the gate tip to the ground. my ceiling is low too hahha.
if you can give me in inches measurement that would be great.
my total garage length is about 235 inches long, and height is about 99 inches high. for sure pinnacle can fit my garage, i am just wondering am i able to even own the rear door. hahahha
i am very grateful for this reply, i apologies for the my poor English.
Your English is great! No need to apologize.

I agree the hybrid system from toyota is uninspiring, but they also have 90% less chance of breakdown than a Chrysler. On the other hand, as you said, the Chrysler is better looking and has some features that are just best-in-class.

I will get the measurements for you in the next day or so.

Best!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where did you get that 90% from?

Reactions: jmarston4

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hey there,

I wanted to buy a Toyota, because the American-engineered vehicles are typically less reliable and certainly struggle with resale value in comparison, but I could not find one. I think every manufacturer struggled with this recently.
Sure enough, ours came with two bad wheel bearings, leaky sunroof, a few missing parts, etc. And yet, I am very happy we purchased it - our kids think it's incredible, the stow-n-go system is awesome, and new cars have a good warranty, so it will be up to Chrysler to fix all of our concerns (to give them credit, they have been trying).

We also park in an underground garage. I can send you pics and measurements - is there something specific that you're looking for beyond the rear gate opening? It's quite a big vehicle, eg. at 6'2" I cannot wash the roof without a step ladder.

All in all, you'll be happy with one of these vans. The kids are bonkers for it. Just make sure to buy the extended warranty, and don't plan to sell it without a significant depreciation compared to the other brands. To me, this doesn't matter so much and we're loving every minute of it. Our kids call it the blue whale.

Cheers!
Congrats , wheel bearings could go at any time due to sun manufacturing defects and various other reasons . I’m curious what parts were missing from your vehicle on delivery and what was the cause of the leaky sunroof ? . Did you have the tripane roof or the dual one ? . Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, guys. I've searched out there and compare different kinds of mini vans, example: Dodge, Toyota, Kia, Honda, Chrysler & Mercedes and I end up choosing a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica. We have decent amount of snows here during winter times and 2021 Chrysler Pacifica have AWD/non hybrid. I am not a hybrid fan so I never went for Toyota Sienna or 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids, even though they are good on gas. My dealer says 2021 Chrysler Pacifica takes about 12 weeks more or less for it to be build and arrive, they also offering 15% off msrp for the 2021 builds. So my wait is about 12 weeks if i am lucky maybe earlier. I know the overall height for 2021 Chrysler Pacifica AWD is 71 inches high and the length are about 205 inches long. I have limited garage space and would prefer parking inside the garage. Since there are no dealerships within my area has any used 2021 Chrysler Pacifica for me to take my measuring tape to measure the over all height and length when the trunk/rear door opens to the full. I am wondering if anyone knows the exact measurement in inches? thanks. will definitely post some pics here when the vehicle arrive. and its a great pleasure to meet all the dad and mom here, will be looking forward to learn from everyone. View attachment 47243 View attachment 47244 View attachment 47245
You did good I have the '18 50k miles non-hybrid and love it, never a days problem..3.6 engine very powerful and smooth, Extremely sturdy, thick and well-built feels like you're in a Cadillac when your driving it. Extremely comfortable on the freeway very spacious and good looking. These are really no more susceptible to breakdowns than any other make of vehicle when you add it all up, its man made things break sometimes part of life, certainly not 90% more then Toyota etc,, rediculous comparison..

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes i was also desperate to take the advantage of 15% msp + a little bit more % off for the chrysler pacifica before the 7 weeks left for 2021 models are over. and hoping the 2022 model doesnt have a big change hahah.

i apologized for my poor english, when you said "It’s basically a crap for whats incoming that has been ordered months and months. " do you mean that since its on sale , and there is being lots of shut down and opening due to covid's safety or chips problem. the quality build will be terrible? and might face lots of problems?
Don't listen to peoples negativity on a brand new Pac and how it's going to be built on the assembly line, all you're getting is their own sour unfounded opinion with covid negativity,. You ordered a brand new car it's going to be just as nice with all the same quality controls as any brand new car, celebrate it and enjoy it for what it is and leave the bad energy behind...

·
Registered
89 Posts
yes i totally agree with you, chrysler does make you feel like you are in a very luxury car, those captain chairs in pinnacles reminds me of the mercedes and dash baord reminds me of the porsche one in leather, the only difference is that porsche will ask you to pay for it extra. i've also heard they add some kind of stuff to the windows to make it sounds quiet and comfortable even on highways.
People always compare the stupid Odyssey and Sienna, so sick of that. Those look nerdy and feel thin and tin can-ish compared to the Chrysler Pacifica which looks stealthy, sure footed and way more attractive..

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hey there,

Cheers!
I think your a tad naive about build quality . You might want to visit the Toyota and Honda forums and see that they all face issues . It’s kind of interesting how you bash the vehicle you just purchased thou , which is rather perplexing . The vast majority of people on forums only come here to rant about quality issues and lack of service accountability. The reality of it is that every manufacturer from super cars to bottom feeder cars all suffer from part and assembly issues . Happy motoring

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think your a tad naive about build quality . You might want to visit the Toyota and Honda forums and see that they all face issues . It’s kind of interesting how you bash the vehicle you just purchased thou , which is rather perplexing . The vast majority of people on forums only come here to rant about quality issues and lack of service accountability. The reality of it is that every manufacturer from super cars to bottom feeder cars all suffer from part and assembly issues . Happy motoring
I think there were some strings crossed here. Someone has a new Pacifica on order and someone else was being negative about it saying it will be built with poor quality so I was sticking up for the guy who has a new Pacifica on order. I believe that same person said Toyota quality is 90% better which I also refuted as crap. I'm the one that said all cars have their glitches that nothing is perfect as I love the Pacifica and wouldn't bash it at all..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where did you get that 90% from?
I'm just being facetious! I thought that was implied by the fact that I still ordered, received, and am very happy with the Van. If it was really that bad, I would've sent it back.

Having said that, there is no question that the Chrysler will depreciate faster and be less reliable than a Toyota or Honda. Anybody can find that out for themselves.

Love to support Chrysler and that's why I'm here. Go Pacifica!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Chrysler will depreciate faster and be less reliable than a Toyota or Honda. Anybody can find that out for themselves.
Interesting, I sold my 2018 Pacifica hybrid in May 2021 for 2,000.00 more than I paid for it new with almost 19,000 miles and never had any problems with reliability.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There, I am thinking about buying a new Pacifica myself, and this 15% off MSRP you mentioned has sparked my interest. Is this something only your dealership is offering, or is this a Chrysler offer? My local dealer has said nothing of this, and as a matter of fact has told me I may have to pay way more then MSRP to order one. Could you share more info on this 15% off, and what dealer you are buying from? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts