2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Registered
Hi There, I am thinking about buying a new Pacifica myself, and this 15% off MSRP you mentioned has sparked my interest. Is this something only your dealership is offering, or is this a Chrysler offer? My local dealer has said nothing of this, and as a matter of fact has told me I may have to pay way more then MSRP to order one. Could you share more info on this 15% off, and what dealer you are buying from? Thanks!
If you can help it try and steer clear of brand-new you'll pay way too much including tax as they depreciate about 50% 3 to 4 years out look for a really clean 18 or 19 and save, buy from private owner and even no tax in some maybe a lot of states including Las Vegas. Paying more than MSRP or even a lot more is just throwing money away and is not worth it..Food for thought馃. With slight exception hybrids hold their value a little better and longer.

Registered
If you can help it try and steer clear of brand-new you'll pay way too much including tax as they depreciate about 50% 3 to 4 years out look for a really clean 18 or 19 and save, buy from private owner and even no tax in most states. Paying more than MSRP or even a lot more is just throwing money away and is not worth it..Food for thought馃
Not true , my 18 ehybrid traded in at 3 year mark had only a 15 % depreciation rate when I picked up my 21 pinnacle ehybrid . I will say that the plug-ins do hold value compared to the gas versions thou .

Registered
I'm just being facetious! I thought that was implied by the fact that I still ordered, received, and am very happy with the Van. If it was really that bad, I would've sent it back.

Having said that, there is no question that the Chrysler will depreciate faster and be less reliable than a Toyota or Honda. Anybody can find that out for themselves.

Love to support Chrysler and that's why I'm here. Go Pacifica!
It's nice that you're on the Pacifica side as most of us are because we love them but I think the 'ol line of Toyota has lesser problems might be wearing a little thin over the years now as Chryslers have always been a gem and come a long way. Iv'e owned 2 paci's & 4 Town and countrys never a days problem in 15 years.. In my humble opinion Toyota might have a questionable 7% edge in refinement now as I've seen countless horror stories in Toyota, Honda, GM that would curl your toes. Depreciation might be a tad better in Toyota but nothing substantially noticeable that would steer me away from Pacifica...

Registered
Not true , my 18 ehybrid traded in at 3 year mark had only a 15 % depreciation rate when I picked up my 21 pinnacle ehybrid . I will say that the plug-ins do hold value compared to the gas versions thou .
Yes the hybrids are a slightly different animal they hold their value little bit longer than gas, otherwise my statement pretty much holds true

Registered
If you can help it try and steer clear of brand-new you'll pay way too much including tax as they depreciate about 50% 3 to 4 years out look for a really clean 18 or 19 and save, buy from private owner and even no tax in most states . Paying more than MSRP or even a lot more is just throwing money away and is not worth it..Food for thought馃. With slight exception hybrids hold their value a little better and longer.
You must enlighten us with the list of states where you have to pay sales tax since you said no tax in most states.

Registered
You must enlighten us with the list of states where you have to pay sales tax since you said no tax in most states.
I'm no tax expert but I believe these states have no tax on used vehicles from private owners Alaska, Montana, Oregon, Delaware, and New Hampshire, Nevada.

Registered
I'm no tax expert but I believe these states have no tax on used vehicles from private owners Alaska, Montana, Oregon, Delaware, and New Hampshire, Nevada.
Wait, you said no tax in most states. Then you listed 7 states. That's like the complete opposite of what you originally stated.

Registered
Wait, you said no tax in most states. Then you listed 7 states. That's like the complete opposite of what you originally stated.
Do you want me to site the entire Declaration of Independence too just because I quoted a phrase from it?.. That wasn't my main point in my original comment, my point was to buy used if possible and if you buy from a private owner then typically there isn't sales tax on top of the purchase depending on your state..

Registered
Do you want me to site the entire Declaration of Independence too just because I quoted a phrase from it?.. That wasn't my main point in my original comment, my point was to buy used if possible and if you buy from a private owner then typically there isn't sales tax on top of the purchase depending on your state..
All you have to do is edit your post to say in some states. Someone could read your post and think they wouldn't have to sales tax on a used car in most states. Then to find out it's only in the 7 least populous states, therefore, affecting less than 5% of the US population (not actual %, just a guess).

Registered
All you have to do is edit your post to say in some states. Someone could read your post and think they wouldn't have to sales tax on a used car in most states. Then to find out it's only in the 7 least populous states.
I can see your point and can probably change it but truthfully those 7 states I put up were just a quick cut and paste, there could be many more. Maybe I'm partial I live in Las Vegas and if I buy used from a private owner there is no sales tax at time of purchace or when I go to register it at the DMV ..

Registered
I'm also interested in picking up a Pacifica Touring L but no way I'm buying now with the few one can find being over MSRP and little to no discounts. Here in Texas the only discount is Loyalty for $1000 but I don't qualify. I'm not in urgent need of the vehicle yet so I'm going to wait until the end of the year and hope inventory catches up to demand and competition kicks back in and I can get some incentives from FCA. It is definitely a sellers market right now.

Registered
I'm also interested in picking up a Pacifica Touring L but no way I'm buying now with the few one can find being over MSRP and little to no discounts. Here in Texas the only discount is Loyalty for $1000 but I don't qualify. I'm not in urgent need of the vehicle yet so I'm going to wait until the end of the year and hope inventory catches up to demand and competition kicks back in and I can get some incentives from FCA. It is definitely a sellers market right now.
Just get up every morning early make some coffee and go on all the used car sites and check for maybe one 2 to 3 years old there out there. I always do my radius at about 1000 miles from my state and if there's something I like I'll drive a One Way Rent-a-Car up there and drive it home..

Registered
Just get up every morning early make some coffee and go on all the used car sites and check for maybe one 2 to 3 years old there out there. I always do my radius at about 1000 miles from my state and if there's something I like I'll drive a One Way Rent-a-Car up there and drive it home..
I'm looking to lease, I don't want to purchase this vehicle. That is why I'm looking for new :)

Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
In Massachusetts the dealer does not charge sales tax. The Registry of Motor Vehicles is in charge of collecting the sales tax.
So if I buy a car in New Hampshire and register it in MA. the RMV will collect the sales tax regardless of where I bought it.
And keeping with our nickname Taxachusetts if you paid less then book value they will collect the tax based on the book value of the vehicle and don't forget the excise tax for the town.

Registered
In Massachusetts the dealer does not charge sales tax. The Registry of Motor Vehicles is in charge of collecting the sales tax.
So if I buy a car in New Hampshire and register it in MA. the RMV will collect the sales tax regardless of where I bought it.
And keeping with our nickname Taxachusetts if you paid less then book value they will collect the tax based on the book value of the vehicle and don't forget the excise tax for the town.
One of the reasons I left Mass, state organized robbery. Every time one turns around there is another tax and for what? No thanks.

Registered
You are so lucky to have the limit, i can't even find the base anymore, but i totally agree with you , i've heard everyone talking about how unreliable they are.I was thinking about toyota sienna, but i am just not a fan of their only hybrid system & a 4 cylinder engine. i saw toyota with used awd hybrid system, test drove it and i could hardly over pass a vehicle or pick up speed during highway, it just remind me of the mercedes benz sprinter, and yes around my toyota dealership, all has told me its about 4 months wait as well and i should be thankful to even get one, so no negotiation there. the other brands are just front wheels drives. When i saw Chrysler's interior, it reminds me of the mercedes benz luxury cars. and their stow n go system are very practical for my personal use. i also do believe if by luck we do get a non lemon vehicle, we would drive it until the end. I also do like the looks of pacifica compare to odessy and sienna. my neighbour have being using caravan for years and its being fine, so i want to believe in Chrysler as well.

about the rear gate opening, when the gate is about pointing at 3 o clock. i assume its the furthest length, i am just wondering whats the total length of the car while the rear gate is opened at the longest length. and also when the gate is opened until it reach to the top. what would be the measurement of the height from the top of the gate tip to the ground. my ceiling is low too hahha.
if you can give me in inches measurement that would be great.
my total garage length is about 235 inches long, and height is about 99 inches high. for sure pinnacle can fit my garage, i am just wondering am i able to even own the rear door. hahahha
i am very grateful for this reply, i apologies for the my poor English.
Hey there,

Please see attached pics:

From the ground to the very highest point on the back (rear wiper) is approximately 85"
From the rear tail light to the very longest part of the back is approximately 32"

Please note, these are approximations so if they are very close to your max tolerances, you will need to do your own measurements.

Hope this helps!

Registered
One other thing I should mention is that surprisingly, Chrysler did not integrate the backup sensors with the rear door. That is to say you can back up to a wall or vehicle and open the hatch, which will promptly smash into whatever is behind you. That's one thing I wish they had thought of, because the rear distance sensors are already there.
Cheers!

Registered
OMG thank you so much, I can't stop drooling while looking at your vehicle. This blue is so beautiful. This vehicle is really large and my family are so excited for the new car. So for the total length of this vehicle is about 204.3 inches + additional 32" which makes it 237 inches when then rear door is open to the furthest point T_T, I guess i must open the garage door while loading up my stuff hahahahah. i usually likes to keep the garage door close because my dog would literally escape the rear door and garage door before the rear door is closed. I went to honda to measure their 2022 odyssey yesturday. and their total door height opens to exact same as Pacifica which is 85" height, but i am surprised their vehicle are shorter in length when their rear door is opened to the furthest which is about 228 - 229 inches only front bumper to rear tip of the door while the rear door is opened to the furthest. given their over all length on their website stated 205.24 inches and our pacifica is 204.3 inches. somehow I just wish my house garage can give me that extra 10 inches hahahha.
If you remove your garage doors, it will fit perfectly ;)

21 - 40 of 59 Posts