2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
OMG thank you so much, I can't stop drooling while looking at your vehicle. This blue is so beautiful. This vehicle is really large and my family are so excited for the new car. So for the total length of this vehicle is about 204.3 inches + additional 32" which makes it 237 inches when then rear door is open to the furthest point T_T, I guess i must open the garage door while loading up my stuff hahahahah. i usually likes to keep the garage door close because my dog would literally escape the rear door and garage door before the rear door is closed. I went to honda to measure their 2022 odyssey yesturday. and their total door height opens to exact same as Pacifica which is 85" height, but i am surprised their vehicle are shorter in length when their rear door is opened to the furthest which is about 228 - 229 inches only front bumper to rear tip of the door while the rear door is opened to the furthest. given their over all length on their website stated 205.24 inches and our pacifica is 204.3 inches. somehow I just wish my house garage can give me that extra 10 inches hahahha. , i was even thinking about installing the high ball so others would park so close to my bumper while i do groceries. now i don't even have a space for that.
You are welcome! The blue is a beautiful colour. I would not imagine that I'd like it so much.
Please note that I measured the length of the door opening from the tail lights, not the back bumper. I imagine the factory overall length specs are all the way to the bumper, which means the overall length with the door open will be less than what you quoted above. Still close, and as I mentioned, if this is reaching your maximums you should definitely check on your own. Maybe you can test drive one home before you buy?

In any case, regardless of reliability and resale, I think you will love the vehicle. It's definitely big and wonderful :)
All the best!

·
Registered
114 Posts
In Massachusetts the dealer does not charge sales tax. The Registry of Motor Vehicles is in charge of collecting the sales tax.
So if I buy a car in New Hampshire and register it in MA. the RMV will collect the sales tax regardless of where I bought it.
And keeping with our nickname Taxachusetts if you paid less then book value they will collect the tax based on the book value of the vehicle and don't forget the excise tax for the town.
Taxachusetts?? Haha love it, yes you are in a politically historical rich state and thou shalt pay for it lol,. Gotta move out west where the air is cleaner with less humidity and the taxes are somewhat more bearable. In Vegas no state tax and no taxes on any used car or at DMV from private owners..;)

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
“ … out west where the air is cleaner” ????
Today we in PA got some of that “clean” air from your wildfires. LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, apparently almost 31% of new vehicles sold are leased. Where have you been?
Was just being funny😜. I know leasing isn't for everybody but I always passed on that because you usually have to put a lot of money down and the payments really aren't that much cheaper + you have to watch your miles and there's a turn in fee. And if you wanted to buy it at the end of the lease the residual is always a lot higher than usually what it's worth. If you start out with a buy you own it and seem to be in a lot more control with a lot more breathing room.. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was just being funny😜. I know leasing isn't for everybody but I always passed on that because you usually have to put a lot of money down and the payments really aren't that much cheaper + you have to watch your miles and there's a turn in fee. And if you wanted to buy it at the end of the lease the residual is always a lot higher than usually what it's worth. If you start out with a buy you own it and seem to be in a lot more control with a lot more breathing room.. Just my opinion..
I was just messing with you as well. Some vehicles I purchase and some I lease. If the vehicle you're leasing has good incentives and or a high residual then its a good vehicle to lease because the portion you're paying for is low. Otherwise, leasing doesn't make sense. If you do your lease right, all you should put down is the first payment, fees and sales tax (here in Texas one has to pay full sales tax up front). I don't plan on keeping this van for more than 3 years so a lease works for me provided the residual and or incentives are good. This will be a second vehicle for me so I don't need a lot of miles so will probably just do 10K miles/year. At the moment they suck so I will wait, I don't need it urgently.

How you liking your Pacifica? Any issues?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was just messing with you as well. Some vehicles I purchase and some I lease. If the vehicle you're leasing has good incentives and or a high residual then its a good vehicle to lease because the portion you're paying for is low. Otherwise, leasing doesn't make sense. If you do your lease right, all you should put down is the first payment, fees and sales tax (here in Texas one has to pay full sales tax up front). I don't plan on keeping this van for more than 3 years so a lease works for me provided the residual and or incentives are good. This will be a second vehicle for me so I don't need a lot of miles so will probably just do 10K miles/year. At the moment they suck so I will wait, I don't need it urgently.

How you liking your Pacifica? Any issues?
Yeah if you can get into it with only one payment down and the terms are good it might make sense. Its like renting or buying a house what to do, ha.
Love my '18 L no issues at all and drives like a dream at 53k miles. Had the driver's side drive bearing arm replaced st 35k mi but those had issues for some reason with many and almost expected it.. These vans for the most part are very well built tanks and for the people that have issues with theirs on here I feel bad for them and are usually only glitches and no reason to sell the vehicle as things happen to all makes.. The 17 and up Pacifica has the 3rd generation 3.6 which are virtually bulletproof and all the top end issues have been worked out of them and really love the motor and its power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah if you can get into it with only one payment down and the terms are good it might make sense. Its like renting or buying a house what to do, ha.
Love my '18 L no issues at all and drives like a dream at 53k miles. Had the driver's side drive bearing arm replaced st 35k mi but those had issues for some reason with many and almost expected it.. These vans for the most part are very well built tanks and for the people that have issues with theirs on here I feel bad for them and are usually only glitches and no reason to sell the vehicle as things happen to all makes.. The 17 and up Pacifica has the 3rd generation 3.6 which are virtually bulletproof and all the top end issues have been worked out of them and really love the motor and its power.
Glad to hear you're loving it. If you look up on YT, a auto reviewer called Savage Geese does great reviews. Not only features, interiors and how the vehicle drives but also puts it up on a lift and reviews the design. Look him up and watch his Pacifica review. He said it was the best built FCA product and a lot of the new design bits will be on future vehicles. Check it out some time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Glad to hear you're loving it. If you look up on YT, a auto reviewer called Savage Geese does great reviews. Not only features, interiors and how the vehicle drives but also puts it up on a lift and reviews the design. Look him up and watch his Pacifica review. He said it was the best built FCA product and a lot of the new design bits will be on future vehicles. Check it out some time.
Will def check it out.(y)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
One other thing I should mention is that surprisingly, Chrysler did not integrate the backup sensors with the rear door. That is to say you can back up to a wall or vehicle and open the hatch, which will promptly smash into whatever is behind you. That's one thing I wish they had thought of, because the rear distance sensors are already there.
Cheers!
So where exactly would the sensors go in the hatch and let us know one vehicle with a hatch or trunk that has sensors in it ?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
358 Posts
So where exactly would the sensors go in the hatch and let us know one vehicle with a hatch or trunk that has sensors in it ?
I would assume you could use the existing sensors and just adjust the sensitivity so a solid tone would leave you enough room to open the lift gate. What would also be nice is to be able to adjust the height so it will not hit some garage ceilings.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I think backing up you can visually define distance to allow for tailgate opening for rear . Easiest solution would be just drive it in

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
62 Posts
I would assume you could use the existing sensors and just adjust the sensitivity so a solid tone would leave you enough room to open the lift gate. What would also be nice is to be able to adjust the height so it will not hit some garage ceilings.
This is a good idea, although the existing sensors would not cover much of the ‘sweep’ of the tailgate as it opens - which could lead the gate hitting something the sensors can’t ‘see.’

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It is unlikely that there would be something higher up in the garage wall without anything being present on the ground, unless of course you installed garage shelves/ bikes etc. I’ve been through this before. Most often I keep some items / boxes on the floor but the tailgate skims over the obstacles easily.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts