2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
MN to OH to AZ to MN

9th gear - cruise set to 88 mph saw 1600 rpm on tach in Utah mountains

24.3 mpg overall - 32.4 mpg highest mpg observed - 28 mpg at 78 mph cruise setting

8000 miles on PAC now

ZERO PROBLEMS 馃榾馃槂馃槃馃榿馃槑

Registered
Agree on the great mileage. On my freeway trips I routinely get 30mpg tank to tank.
This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned!
John

Registered
Going to have to try setting the cruise to 88, I have yet to get this thing into 9th, even on my 4000 mile roadtrip.

Registered
Going to have to try setting the cruise to 88, I have yet to get this thing into 9th, even on my 4000 mile roadtrip.
I see 9th very often. Even down at 80mph it will go to 9th. As long as you are in a flat or slight downhill and not accelerating.

Registered
Our Pacifica has a engine governor that prevents us from going more than 80mpg. Located on the front passenger seat, the part# is: WIFE.

Registered
Same here. Mine never gets out of 7th gear on the highway at those speeds. It鈥檒l sit at around 2000 rpm, and with ACC set to 85mph, I averaged 22mpg on a short 320mi road trip yesterday. It鈥檚 not like there were a ton of hills, either, as it was through eastern Kansas.

Registered
There is no gear display. You can see it by RPM on the tach.

if you never get out of 7th, something is wrong. The car will run in 8th nearly anytime on the highway even at 70mph.

Registered
Sure. The only thing I wish the Pacifica had were either paddle shifters or some other way to manually select a gear. Would be truly helpful in the mountains.
Absolutely. We had 2009 VW Routan for 9 years before we bought Pacifica. Routan is basically the same as Chrysler Town & Country. It had shifter on dashboard and was very helpful and easy to switch to manual mode on uphills.

Registered
Absolutely. We had 2009 VW Routan for 9 years before we bought Pacifica. Routan is basically the same as Chrysler Town & Country. It had shifter on dashboard and was very helpful and easy to switch to manual mode on uphills.
That and using the engine to slow down on a down grade. Wish I could just drop a couple of gears sometimes. Interesting that Chrysler chose not to include at least a button or switch of some sort for gear selection in mountains.

Registered
Sure. The only thing I wish the Pacifica had were either paddle shifters or some other way to manually select a gear. Would be truly helpful in the mountains.
I say the same thing every time I cross the Rockies. Being able to select gears would be amazing.

Registered
harsh shifts 1-2-3 and now it takes off and shifts in to neutral almost got broadsided,won't up shift after passing a car,, i have had to pull on the shoulder and stop then take off again car is dangerous leaking anti freeze 2 chrysler dealers say they cant find the problem or fix it. i want a factor rep

1 - 17 of 17 Posts