2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this upgrade from a 7" screen to the 2018-2020 8.4"? Do I need a harness adapter for the back of the receiver if anyone knows? I ordered a 2020 8.4" screen and receiver module and need to order the Fakra cable.

·
Registered
930 Posts
You might be able to convert to bigger screen , the question is will things work as this system is configured at factory they the Canbus electrical system

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
Has anyone done this upgrade from a 7" screen to the 2018-2020 8.4"? Do I need a harness adapter for the back of the receiver if anyone knows? I ordered a 2020 8.4" screen and receiver module and need to order the Fakra cable.
Do you have a picture of the receiver/screen unit you currently have showing the plugs and inlets ? You could compare with the new unit, most of the connections are actually color-coded. Infotainment video on the 7" to 8.4" uses a harness, but that is on the older RA4 unit. It may have changed after 2017 with the new UAV and the later 7" units.
You might be able to convert to bigger screen , the question is will things work as this system is configured at factory they the Canbus electrical system
Yes, it does work, Conversion kit is available from Infotainment.com . Many 2017 Pacifica owners have switched to later receiver units and screens and gone from 7" to 8.4'. Its not just the screen you are changing, its the receiver module behind the screen also. The new receiver "learns" from the vehicle control modules after installation. All controls, heated/vented seats, heated steering wheel ,Uconnect theater. everything will be recognized even if the donor vehicle did not have all those features. If you already have 8.4" its a straight plug and play. With going from a 7" to a 8.4" there may be an adapter harness required as mentioned above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to see if it's a straight plug and play from my car harmess which has the 7" or if I need that special harness but I don't think infotainment will sell their harness by itself to anyone.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
I'm trying to see if it's a straight plug and play from my car harmess which has the 7" or if I need that special harness but I don't think infotainment will sell their harness by itself to anyone.
Have you compared the inlets/outlets on the receivers ?..also, what year is your vehicle ?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
381 Posts
Now has anybody run into problems with the sirrius satellite because each radio come with its own unique code
Personally, I do not use Sirrius because of the low bit-rate and poor sound quality, but others that have done the switch say they were able to transfer their subscriptions without a problem. The only things that will not work with the changeover is the 4G hotspot and the Uconnect app. Its cheaper and easier to use your phones hotspot and from my experience, the Uconnect app (for remote starting, locking/unlocking from your phone was so SLOOOW and hit or miss) that I never re-subscribed to that either.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Because I’m Canadian I use the 4G6, hotspot when we vacationed in states . I found uconnect okay but neve really was fan of it . Sirrius I like just because channeL diversity , although agreed sound is def hit and miss and for 7 bucks a month all channels I can pass that up .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts