2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not even sure how to describe this, but has anyone else had a problem with the center touchscreen slowly disappearing, or going black in places? Mine started last year with the top right corner losing it's image. The dark spot has gradually grown to the point where the passenger temperature display is pretty much gone. Maybe the LCD is separating or something, but it appears to be getting worse quicker. This thing has just been one problem after another. Hopefully the pictures show it clearly.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
I'm not even sure how to describe this, but has anyone else had a problem with the center touchscreen slowly disappearing, or going black in places? Mine started last year with the top right corner losing it's image. The dark spot has gradually grown to the point where the passenger temperature display is pretty much gone. Maybe the LCD is separating or something, but it appears to be getting worse quicker. This thing has just been one problem after another. Hopefully the pictures show it clearly.
Looks like a defective screen. Take it in if it's still under warranty. If it isn't, the screen is easily replaceable. The whole surround with the vents is just held with clips and easily pops off by pulling it out around the edges with your hands. The screen itself is attached to the surround with 4 small screws on the back. Make sure you get the same model year screen if you have a 17.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it is out of warranty so I'd say I'm on my own. It looks like I can get a new screen for around $400 so I'd say that's my best route. This is just after dropping close to $2K for a new AC compressor and rental car while it was down. I just need to decide if I replace it or dump the POS for something different. By the way this morning the passenger temperature display is completely gone so it's definitely getting worse.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Unfortunately it is out of warranty so I'd say I'm on my own. It looks like I can get a new screen for around $400 so I'd say that's my best route. This is just after dropping close to $2K for a new AC compressor and rental car while it was down. I just need to decide if I replace it or dump the POS for something different. By the way this morning the passenger temperature display is completely gone so it's definitely getting worse.
Man that sucks to hear. Can't believe the compressor already crapped out. You can find the screen on eBay for quite a bit less. I got the processor and screen for less than 300 at a junk yard.

Here's a screen for $185. The picture is deceiving because it's refracting the light from the shattered windshield. They say it's A grade in the description. They also have a 30 return policy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Info-GPS-TV-Screen-Display-Front-Dash-Mounted-Opt-Jbd-Fits-17-PACIFICA-344826/233125224802?hash=item364758a162:g:IAYAAOSwM6VcXISK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that sucks to hear. Can't believe the compressor already crapped out. You can find the screen on eBay for quite a bit less. I got the processor and screen for less than 300 at a junk yard.

Here's a screen for $185. The picture is deceiving because it's refracting the light from the shattered windshield. They say it's A grade in the description. They also have a 30 return policy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Info-GPS-TV-Screen-Display-Front-Dash-Mounted-Opt-Jbd-Fits-17-PACIFICA-344826/233125224802?hash=item364758a162:g:IAYAAOSwM6VcXISK

Thanks! I'll check that out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You're the best! I bought that one you linked and it's perfect Literally a 30 second swap. Can't thank you enough for saving me $$$.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ain't the Internet, Amazon and eBay wonderful! ECommerce rocks!

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
You're the best! I bought that one you linked and it's perfect Literally a 30 second swap. Can't thank you enough for saving me $$$.
That's awesome. Happy to hear it helped you out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
irpilot
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing