2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the van was designed as a no fuss ride for soccer moms and dads, but I would like to see the next version come with charge and save buttons. If these were added I would trade our 2017 on a new one in a flash. We also have a Mitsubishi Outlander which includes these features and I find them quite useful.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,119 Posts
I know the van was designed as a no fuss ride for soccer moms and dads, but I would like to see the next version come with charge and save buttons. If these were added I would trade our 2017 on a new one in a flash. We also have a Mitsubishi Outlander which includes these features and I find them quite useful.
Not sure what you mean. What do you want to charge and save?

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean. What do you want to charge and save?

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts.
The traction battery. This is a feature found on several plug ins.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There's been a few threads on this aleady:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I believe the Rendler spindle is only employed during the Covington cycle.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah, that would be a nice option. We’re picking up a Honda Clarity for our 2nd car and I’ve been reading the owner’s manual. It has the ability to select from three different modes of operation. Not a huge deal for the PacHy but it would be nice. I’m for anything that gives the owner a little more control over such things.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
127 Posts
I believe the Rendler spindle is only employed during the Covington cycle.
You're thinking of the Freeman drive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The new Jeep PHEVs all have selectable EV modes. It’ll probably make it’s way to the Pacifica in the future.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's quite aggravating not being able to hold or save the traction battery for the most optimum times (i.e., urban driving). At freeway speeds, you deplete the battery very rapidly.

In a video by one of the FCA PacHy engineers, he made the statement that the EV system was designed to be as unobtrusive as possible. I guess that must be the logic for not including an ICE/EV toggle on the PacHy. But, frankly, that just sounds like double-talk to justify not offering that kind of ability since, AFAIK, you can toggle between ICE/EV in every other PHEV (including, as mentioned, the upcoming Wrangler PHEV). When the Chevy Volt arrived, one of the biggest complaints by early adopters was the lack of the ICE/EV toggle. To GM's credit, they listened and, in the slightly updated 3rd year Chevy Volt, they incorporated the toggle.

That's one of the very strange things about the PacHy; you'd have thought FCA would have done extensive research on the specific nuances that consumers want in a PHEV. If they had, surely they would have known that a ICE/EV toggle is a hugely desirable feature. FWIW, they should have included an illuminated charge port and plug lock, as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
But they have listened - it's a new feature in the Jeep PHEVs. No reason it won't make its way to the Pacifica. This was just a model refresh - most likely the toggle feature wasn't "feature ready" in time for 2021.

And honestly, the engineer is probably right - I'd say more people don't care about the toggle than do. I'd never use it, because it just doesn't rank with me. No doubt FCA did the research and came to the same conclusion, specifically regarding minivan owners, so why spend development dollars towards something a minority would use? Now with Jeep, more will use it in off-road and other conditions, so that warrants the dev cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts