2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wont drive a car if I do not have a small tool kit on it. So this whole thing did not bother me too much. In another hand, you have to be in their shoes. If you refuse to do the recall and they do not have it well documented with your signature and witnesses, etc, in the case of an accident where you may die somebody can come after then saying that they did not perform the recall. :wink2:
Dunno...my van was in and out of the shop last weekend and they never mentioned or performed either recall. Some recalls take a lot of time, I think it would be a stretch to expect a dealer to perform every recall the second they lay hands on the vehicle.

Of course everyone is running scared about lawsuits now. The sharks have been circling ever since the GM ignition debacle a few years ago.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well there is a class suit against Chrysler/FIAT relative to the famous engine stopping in the middle of highways.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took my 18 Touring-L in for recalls on 18 July 2018. Got two of them done (took about 3 hours but at least they are done).
U64, Reprogram PCM (cruise control issue) - Flashed to 68366854AE
RU VP4, Radio with Amp Enhancement (huh?) - Updated to 19.11.0-20171129-107U

Still need U50 (Manual Park Release). Dealer still does not have the new cover - the one with the screw in it. So my records have been updated to reflect that one as still required. If it never gets done, it won't really upset me as I tend to keep cars till they rust and blow away. I'm curious though why they can't just drill a small hole in the existing cover and secure it with a small machine screw to something back behind the cover. Can't be that cosmic a job.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Took my 18 Touring-L in for recalls on 18 July 2018. Got two of them done (took about 3 hours but at least they are done).
U64, Reprogram PCM (cruise control issue) - Flashed to 68366854AE
RU VP4, Radio with Amp Enhancement (huh?) - Updated to 19.11.0-20171129-107U

Still need U50 (Manual Park Release). Dealer still does not have the new cover - the one with the screw in it. So my records have been updated to reflect that one as still required. If it never gets done, it won't really upset me as I tend to keep cars till they rust and blow away. I'm curious though why they can't just drill a small hole in the existing cover and secure it with a small machine screw to something back behind the cover. Can't be that cosmic a job.
The new small trim piece (cover) doesn't need a screw in it. The new trim piece is a little bigger so that it fits more tightly in the hole and it is supposed to require a screwdriver (instead of a fingernail) to pry it loose. The trim piece is attached to a strap that can take the van out of gear when pulled.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had our Pacifica in this morning to do this recall and the cruise control recall. For some reason they didn't have this piece, and when I asked the Service Manager what the shifter recall actually did, since it appeared that the cover was compliant, he kinda shrugged.

It reminds me of the GM switchblade key recall. Sometimes I think the Feds try a little too hard.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
16 Participants
Jimal
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing