2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Active Grille Shutter Replacement

15K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  scottg9310 
#1 ·
Need to replace the AGS on my 2018 Pacifica (u11e9 code) but I can't seem to find the part. Quick google search shows either part number 68438679AC or 68312564AC - does anyone know which part is correct? I don't think the actual shutters are the problem, I'd imagine it's the motor for them but I'm not sure which part comes with the motor.

#2 ·
The correct part number would need to be pulled via your VIN.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD
#8 ·
There are no publicly accessible online parts catalogs that filter parts by the VIN. The online catalogs only use the VIN to retrieve the year/make/model. You need to call a dealership to get the part number you need. 2018 is a split year for the AGS. Vans manufactured on or before April 10, 2018 use the older part number 68312564AC. Vans manufactured on or after April 11, 2018 use the newer part number 68438679AC. The newer part can be used on the older models, but the connector must be modified to match it.

Before replacing the AGS, I'd take a look at this TSB which says to look for corrosion at a 16-pin connector in front of the front left wheel.

#4 · (Edited)
This post should help:

If you go with the newer part, all you should really need is the new connector housing, not the entire connector repair kit. I would imagine that the connector housing could be found elsewhere, such as at various electronic component suppliers, for much less than Mopar wants for the repair kit. Alternatively, you could see if a salvage yard would sell you the pigtail for the connector at a more reasonable price.

#7 ·
Just assuming would lead you to order all parts for the active shutters . Because once you take things apart and it’s something else you don’t want to get caught without the proper part . Self diagnosis is like google searching your ailment without going to a cert doctor .

#10 · (Edited)
I just went through this. There was a single wire that had come loose. Dealer wanted $811.65 for this!!! I did it myself in 90 minutes.
You have to be good with a soldering iron. See that dangling wire? That's all that was wrong with it.

I decided it was easier to get at the connector from the wheel well. So the wheel comes off....

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Hand Plant Gesture Thumb Finger

I politely stripped the wire and tinned it.
Then I politely removed the pin from the multi pin connector and soldered the wire back on.
Don't forget to put the water-seal gasket on the wire first!!!
Then reassemble, wrap with electrical tape, clear codes and drive around a bit.
My AGS worked perfectly and my CEL light went away after a bit.

For whatever else it's worth I found the connector in question:

Hope this helps.

#14 ·