2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

a few months ago I have bought the Chrysler Pacifica Touring L in the USA, and currently I'm waiting for the delivery – I'm writing from Poland and it takes a lot of time to import a car from the US.
I know I will have to adapt a few things in this car – first of all and most important - lights.
Can please someone tell me
- Are the front light bulbs xenon or standard halogen?
- Are there parking lights?
- Is there the rear fog light? (required in the EU)
- Is the rear turn signal red or amber / orange (must be amber / orange in the EU, red is inadmissible)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mike
I am from Hungary, owning a similar car you just bought.
The front lights are halogen - but projector type. They are really cool, I don't see the need to replace/upgrade to HID. The HID is only for Limited trims.
As my car was the first new generation Pacifica in Hungary getting official permit I know the procedure :) It took almost 3 weeks to register this type in the central database and they did a lot of "extra" inspections on the car to check if it is proved for the local (EU) rules.

The headlights are accepted even without the (E) signature. The rear signal lights needs to be reworked. On my car there is an additional cable routed from the front signal light to the back of the car. The yellow turn signal bulb has been installed into the slot of the reversing light - and there are 2 (small) additional while LED reversing lights installed additionally.
The parking lights: If you turn on the parking lights, you will have the front LED stripes on + small lights close to the front and rear wheels (side markers) and the rear (LED?) park lights. So it is more than enough.
Rear fog light: Originally there is no rear fog light. It was not asked / requested, my car passed without rear fog light. however, if you need you can think in 2-color additional LED lamps, and pull an additional cable from the front fog lamp - or install an additional switch in your cockpit.

Szabolcs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Szabolcs,

thank you for your reply.
- I don't want to replace the front projector bulbs - halogen is ok for me. Did you have to modify front them (projectors)? In USA there are symetric and in the EU they have to be asymetric.

Overall - are you satisied with this car? How about spare patrs? Serwis? Do you have any problems?

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is no modification made on the front lights - as I mentioned before. I was also wondering a bit, but they accepted as it is. There is a sharp horizontal cut in the projected light - they just checked if the cut is OK and will not blind the other cars.
So far we (with my family) are very satisfied with this car. I used to have a Chrysler Grand Voyager before for 13 years.
Service: Unfortunately the only official Chrysler service in my country is in Budapest (2 hours drive) - but they do service. They made the factory recalls as well (all of them) for free. You should check if you have official Chrysler service in your country because of the possible recalls.
Spare parts: Nowadays you can purchase everything on the Internet - or let the official Chrysler service to order the parts from the States.
From technical (and spare part) point of view, the Jeep is the "closest" car in Europe.
Until now, I have absolutely no problem or issue with my car. Have fun!
Szabolcs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Szabolcs,

thaks a lot for your opinion! I really appreciate it. I feel reassured a bit... Still have many doubts. It will be my first car that is not designet and made for the European market.
In Poland FIAT does the service. But since the new Pacifica is not really very popular in Poland (yet), I think they will learn everything on my car ;) Hope they can handle it somehow.
My car should arrive in about one ~ two weeks. I'm really looking forward to meet the car...
Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hi Mike and Szabolcs,

Wow! I do admire your dedication to owning a Pacifica! That's a lot of work to modify them properly. I hope the vans meet your expectations.

I'm pretty sure the Chrysler Grand Voyager was a EU specific model, as no car was sold in the US by that name. It sounds like they did a name mash-up of our Chrysler Town & Country, Plymouth Voyager, and Dodge Grand Caravan. Hopefully Chrysler will export the Pacifica in the future. (maybe call it the Chrysler Atlanta Voyager?!! :grin2:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there,

to be totally honest – I was planing to purchase a TOYOTA Sienna. I really was in love with this car. Thought – Japanese car = quality and reliability + made for the US market = best engine and good interior – what more can I wish for my family? Didn't wanted to purchase an European model – they do have those really tiny engines double- triply- charged with some environment norms that they cant even keep up without cheating... Sorry, but if the car weight is about 2000 kg (4400 lbs) I don't think you can't power it effectively with an 1.9 L engine.
Unfortunately didn't get any sensible “specimen” of Sienna for my budget. Than I was reading / watching a lot of minivan reviews. Really many people praised Pacifica even more than Sienna. It was bit cheaper than Toyota. I came across a nice 2018 Pacifica offer that I could afford – didn't think to much... was really so tired of looking for a car, watching all those changing offers every evening... And so am I here – waiting for my car to arrive... Thats my story ;)
Hope I can post here in the future lot of praise for Pacifica.

Regards to all

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!
I'm bought this car too, exactly Pacifica '17 Limited, and "I stood in front of the wall" with tail light modification coz car will be used in EU. First of all and the simplest will be rear fog light which I'm planning to install in bottom left reflector, in right one reversing light and in original revering light lamp I'll install turn signals. But one is one question... from where can I take signal for it (turn signal)?
One method is like was written by KSzab
On my car there is an additional cable routed from the front signal light to the back of the car.
but turn signal will not flashing too fast?
Then I'm start to looking for brake pedal switch, there is 3 cables can somebody explain me for what it is? Maybe somebody has some wiring manual for lights? Because if it is possible to separate turn signal from brake I can use actual wiring to stop light like a turn signal and put it into reversing light, and stop light I can take from 3rd top stop light.
Best Regards,
Christoph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do You know how is working installation in your car? First of all rear brake light, it should not flashing, so somewhere it should be disconnect from circuit and I found Control Module under steering wheel where is 7 connectors but when I remove PIN from rear brake light feed and driver, then is not working turn light and brake light, but turn lights, only on mirror is flashing very fast. So if I'll install new wiring from front turn lights it will not change, mirror will still flashing too fast.
Or maybe it is possible to change function by diagnostic tool?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 20W power RESISTOR connected to the cable of the original tail brake+signal lamps. This resistor is mounted on the metal body of the car's back (heat dissipation) and I have extra wires (in combination with relay) to control the "new" (EU compatible) brake and signal lamps.
The only problem with this solution is that the BCM does not detect any bulb failure. But from other side: it has no problem with LED lights :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it good solution, I though like You to make a new wiring for turn lights and stop light from 3rd stop lamp on the liftgate.
But for ex. I know that in VW group is possible to change car destination and maybe in Pacifica is possible to change car destination for non-US and disable turn light function, just stop lights will stay, I need to check it in Witech but now I do not have diagnostic cable for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

a few months ago I have bought the Chrysler Pacifica Touring L in the USA, and currently I'm waiting for the delivery – I'm writing from Poland and it takes a lot of time to import a car from the US.
I know I will have to adapt a few things in this car – first of all and most important - lights.
Can please someone tell me
  • Are the front light bulbs xenon or standard halogen?
  • Are there parking lights?
  • Is there the rear fog light? (required in the EU)
  • Is the rear turn signal red or amber / orange (must be amber / orange in the EU, red is inadmissible)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
MIKE, look to CHRYSLER PACIFICA 2016+ / POLSKA

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
MIKE, look to CHRYSLER PACIFICA 2016+ / POLSKA
Your four question points, in order:
  • Halogen in the Touring L model
  • No parking lights for EU overnight requirement
  • No rear fog light
  • Rear turn signals are red
There are several from the EU who have posted here. Maybe they can offer help on how to do the updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Witam wszystkich,

kilka miesięcy kupiłem miki Chrysler Pacifica Touring L w USA, a teraz czekam na dostawę – piszę z Polski i import samochodu z USA zajmuje dużo czasu.
Wiem, że będę musiał dostosować kilka rzeczy w tym samochodzie - przede wszystkim i najważniejsze - światła.
Może proszę kogoś mi powiedzieć
  • Czy przednie żarówki ksenonowe lub standardowe halogenowe?
  • Czy są światła postojowe?
  • Czy jest tylne światło przeciwmgielne? (w UE)
  • Czy tylny kierunkowskaz czerwony lub bursztynowy / pomarańczowy (musi być bursztynowy / pomarańczowy w UE, czerwony jest eksudy)

Z góry dzięki za pomoc.

Mike
(cze)
Witam wszystkich,

kilka miesięcy temu kupiłem Chrysler Pacifica Touring L w USA, a obecnie czekam na dostawę – piszę z Polski i import samochodu z USA zajmuje dużo czasu.
Wiem, że będę musiał dostosować kilka rzeczy w tym samochodzie - przede wszystkim i najważniejsze - światła.
Może proszę kogoś mi powiedzieć
  • Czy przednie żarówki ksenonowe lub standardowe halogenowe?
  • Czy są światła postojowe?
  • Czy jest tylne światło przeciwmgielne? (wymagane w UE)
  • Czy tylny kierunkowskaz czerwony lub bursztynowy / pomarańczowy (musi być bursztynowy / pomarańczowy w UE, czerwony jest niedopuszczalny)

Z góry dzięki za pomoc.

Mike
Cześć kolego, czy przerobiłeś światła? Jeśli tak, to dałbyś mi kilka wskazówek na priv ...

·
Registered
Chrysler Pacifica Limited 2017 brown
19 Posts
Hello! Did you finally find these rear fog lights like for the Pacifica in the photos above? If yes, possible to share the information
Hi, no, unfortunately I didn't find anything else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts