2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in Granite Metallic with S-Appearance Package, Tri-pane Sunroof and AST
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2020 Pachy Limited back in October of 2020. In early February during a highway trip, I got the ACC Unavailable Service Required message and both normal cruise control and adaptive cruise control were no longer available along with forward collision warning. I took the van to my dealer to get it checked and they had to order a replacement part for the ACC sensor array. The part was back-ordered for a month and finally arrived in early April. By this time I was out of the country stuck due to COVID travel bans and couldn't bring my van to the dealer to get the service completed. I spoke to the dealership service department and informed them of my situation and set up an appointment for when I could eventually get back in the country and bring my van over. However, when I eventually got back in the country in early June and took my car in, I was told that the part had been used for another vehicle and they had to re-order the part. Since then I've been calling them every week only to be told that the part is on backorder. This is incredibly frustrating that I've been living without Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning/Assist for longer than 5 months now. Especially considering that I bought the van for these very specific safety features. @ChryslerCares can you please help with this situation?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
So it’s been 5 months since they reordered you the part ? And yes the dealer will return the part or use it after it sits on the shelf for “X” number of days .

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in Granite Metallic with S-Appearance Package, Tri-pane Sunroof and AST
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it’s been 5 months since they reordered you the part ? And yes the dealer will return the part or use it after it sits on the shelf for “X” number of days .
I understand that they will return the part or use it. I physically had no way of getting to the dealership being stuck outside the country. I had called them specifically to apprise them of the situation and add a note with them to hold on to the part and provided my updated travel plans. At the very least I’d have appreciated if they gave me a heads up that they were going to use the part for a different vehicle. That way I could have asked them to reorder the part when they used it for the other vehicle. Now I’m still in limbo as they didn’t think to order it until I showed back up in person when I said I would. With the chip shortage going around I hope you can understand why I’m more than a little disappointed with the way this has turned out.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I totally understand . But you also have to remember that a dealer is nothing more than a garage . Any stock sitting there is money sitting there doing g nothing . So if the dealership doesn’t return/reuse it then it’s money wasted . Now if they would have had the van to do the service then they could have done such . Another option would have having a family member drop the vehicle off and fix the vehicle , this probably would have rectified the whole case scenario. I hear your frustration but dealerships aren’t nothing more than a independent garage .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ChryslerCares could you help with this issue, please? An ETA on part delivery would be a good start.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts