2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had success adding the auto dimming rear view mirror? Only option I really wanted from the bump to the tl+ and couldn't stomach paying that much more... I'm sure it mounts the same but wondering if it's plug and play, as it's controlled by the uconnect system menu.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, others have done it, but I can't seem to find those posts now. It was a simple plug and play swap, and there is nothing special about the way the mirror communicates to the vehicle that should cause any issue when swapping it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing some digging I was able to find that there is four different mirrors for these Vans available. Each costing roughly 150 online. Depends if you have auto dimming, uconnect, emergency response - there's different combinations. I'd like to get confirmation about what people have had success with before trying. I'll call dealership for quote prior, and if it's reasonable i will go that route to add it to warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doing some digging I was able to find that there is four different mirrors for these Vans available. Each costing roughly 150 online. Depends if you have auto dimming, uconnect, emergency response - there's different combinations. I'd like to get confirmation about what people have had success with before trying. I'll call dealership for quote prior, and if it's reasonable i will go that route to add it to warranty.

Did you ever complete this? We have the Touring L, and wanted to add as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not attempted it yet. privacy glass has kept the glare in check. I am still interested in info if anyone has completed this swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ugh. There are five different part numbers but the descriptions are all the same (from what I can find online, anyway). My local dealership is useless when it comes to doing these after sales upgrades. They always say they can only order off the VIN! UGH. What happened to a parts guy knowing his parts?

If anyone can match the part numbers with useful descriptions, I’ll make the leap and purchase one and install it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
68229835aa Or 68234130aa are the two part numbers with auto-dim.. first is with uconnect second without Uconnect. I am not sure what that means, maybe a built in mic? There are two others available without auto dim. Hunch says it's the 911 button.

·
Registered
46 Posts
68229835aa Or 68234130aa are the two part numbers with auto-dim.. first is with uconnect second without Uconnect. I am not sure what that means, maybe a built in mic? There are two others available without auto dim. Hunch says it's the 911 button.

The Uconnect version has the 911 button, and assist button. The non-Uconnect version appears to just be the auto dim mirror.

Rockauto seems to have them all, and shows which ones are the auto dim, and the differences between them.

rockauto.com/en/catalog/chrysler,2017,pacifica,3.6l+v6,3393665,interior,inside+rear+view+mirror,1076

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the moulding off today to get a at what's back there. Very easy to get access and the plug is actually plugged into the mirror. Should be plug and play.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took the moulding off today to get a at what's back there. Very easy to get access and the plug is actually plugged into the mirror. Should be plug and play.

Really? So there is already power going to the standard non dimming mirror? That would be awesome if it was as simple as just plugging the new one in without needing to tap into power somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but I thought I’d let everyone know my experience. Just bought a 2018 TL and successfully installed the auto dimming rear view mirror pn 68229835aa. The power was already there so it was a very simple plug and play, however, the 911 and service buttons do not work, at least I haven’t figured out a way or even if it’s pissible to connect it to the uConnect system. The dimming feature was my priority and it works perfectly. Also, I was able to get the mirror from eBay for $89 vs the $150 they ask for at mopar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it could be as simple as needing another version of the radio (I know already there are a few different radios), or it could be a bcm issue (reprograming) or a wire issue. I still don't get it why they don't wire all new cars the same. Then they could make money easy on just selling upgraded parts and reprograming of the bcm , to turn features on, like tesla's cars.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I know this is an old post but I thought I’d let everyone know my experience. Just bought a 2018 TL and successfully installed the auto dimming rear view mirror pn 68229835aa. The power was already there so it was a very simple plug and play, however, the 911 and service buttons do not work, at least I haven’t figured out a way or even if it’s pissible to connect it to the uConnect system. The dimming feature was my priority and it works perfectly. Also, I was able to get the mirror from eBay for $89 vs the $150 they ask for at mopar.
I thought the 911 and Assist buttons only work if subscribed to UConnect Access or whatever the paid service is. It would be good to know if they work without having the paid service. Some trim levels of the van came with a longer free trial than others. Did the 911 and Assist buttons work before changing the mirror?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just upgraded. 125 from summit racing for the auto dining mirror with no extra buttons. Very easy installation. Hardest part was getting the harness clips out of the old mirror. Needle nose did the trick just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This change seems relatively easy. A few questions:
1. Someone mentioned above that they were going to have the work done at a dealer. Would me changing this part REALLY void the warranty?

2. Looks like a number of used parts. I’m assuming salvaged parts. Anyone have any luck w these?

3. Are there any schematics or instructions to help w the install?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Won't void warranty, but if dealer installs it, it should be added to your warranty.

Salvage part should be fine, likely from a smashed car.

Install is easy. 3 out of 10

·
Registered
115 Posts
The warranty isn't a glass window that gets entirely broken by one stone chip.

If you change a mirror on your van, nothing in your warranty is affected except things affected by the mirror, which would be very few. If the dealer installs a new part, it won't be added to your warranty- the part will have its own warranty, which is a different matter. If the dealer installs a salvage part or a part you got on RockAuto, the dealer only guarantees their work. You want a part warranty? Talk to your eBay seller or wherever else you got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you get the plas
How did you get the plastic mokdings off?!?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts