2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start I'm curious if anyone has had any luck adding hooks here and there on the inside? I want to add some way of affixing stuff to the walls.

I had some velcro patches but they aren't really sticking well enough to hold my first-aid kit and some other bags I throw in depending on the adventure of the moment.

I'll go the screw route next but thought I'd ask if anyone has done this before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be careful with adding any hooks on the inside of a car. There are lots of things installed directly under the interior trim (cables, curtain airbag, ...). Further, in a crash, those hooks in the trim will most likely not hold up. I'd be tragic to get injured or killed by your first-kit flying in a crash.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be careful with adding any hooks on the inside of a car. There are lots of things installed directly under the interior trim (cables, curtain airbag, ...). Further, in a crash, those hooks in the trim will most likely not hold up. I'd be tragic to get injured or killed by your first-kit flying in a crash.

Yeah, it's a catch-22. I'm going to carry stuff because it's a van and it would be good to keep things from moving around but much like the fact that my dogs are sitting on a foam bed in the back there are risks that I know I am taking.

I will pull the panels off if I decide to go the drill hole route.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,221 Posts
Before I start I'm curious if anyone has had any luck adding hooks here and there on the inside? I want to add some way of affixing stuff to the walls.

I had some velcro patches but they aren't really sticking well enough to hold my first-aid kit and some other bags I throw in depending on the adventure of the moment.

I'll go the screw route next but thought I'd ask if anyone has done this before.
There might be grocery hooks on the back of the front seats. There are also hidden hooks near the ceiling by the second row grab handles, but may not be what you need for your items.

Do you stow the seats? Someone mentioned that that there is a small space under the floor between the second row stow n go seats.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You can also buy trunk kits online , Costco , sams club etc . I wouldn’t be drilling into anything and then hooking it thru the body panels and trim pieces . Trim pieces and panels are designed to snap together and factory tie down locations are stamped into the body during manufacturing processes . In the event of a accident these things are only going to be projectiles within the confines of the interior .

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There might be grocery hooks on the back of the front seats. There are also hidden hooks near the ceiling by the second row grab handles, but may not be what you need for your items.

Do you stow the seats? Someone mentioned that that there is a small space under the floor between the second row stow n go seats.

If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier in the future.
Thanks for the reminder on the signature, I added it and I'll go out and look for the space under the floor between the seats, I missed that at first.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
796 Posts
Thanks for the reminder on the signature, I added it and I'll go out and look for the space under the floor between the seats, I missed that at first.
Now that you mention you have AWD, that space between the 2nd row seats may not be there. Although as long as you have the seats not stowed, you have the storage where they would go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts