2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone annoyed with the fact that the middle row seats do not move / slide forward in the gas version? Maybe I am overlooking something and they can move back and forth???

We purchased the Uconnect Theater and the kids can't reach the touch screen. They are to young for the remote and headphones at this point, but managed touch screens with ease. They are back to the ipads and uconnect theater is only used when playing a DVD.
Kind of a waste of money if you only plan on keeping it for a few years and have 2 to 4 year olds.
If we move the front passenger seat all the way back and put the oldest back in his car seat (not booster seat), he is able to reach the screen.
Our 2005 Pacifica had adjustable middle seats that were fold down. :frown2:

Thing we should of thought of before splurging on options

·
Registered
61 Posts
The stow & go has tradeoffs, but to me it's well worth it. I wouldn't buy a van without Stow & Go.

You'll be surprised how quickly your kids grow into the remote and headphones. Mine was definitely using headphones on our old van at 2, and kids take to technology so naturally I don't think they remote will be too hard either. Certainly at 3 & 4.

For me I would never buy a top of the line van that I only intended to keep for a couple years, but I know everyone has different standards on that. We kept our last one nearly 10 years... from when my youngest was a week old until now when he will turn 10 next month.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It is a dilemma. I do wish the middle row had adjustability and then re-centered for the stow and go. Have the adjustability in the middle row plus the Stow and Go would be killer. 90% or more my middle row is up so having it adjust fore & aft is more important.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We didn't buy it for this reason. Our kids at 11 & 13 are taller than me... over 5'8" so... middle row has to adjust. We love our town and country... with stow and go... that did have a middle row that adjusted. So glad we test drove the Pacifica first and realized the middle row didn't move... hope they change this in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our kids are still rear-facing, so haven't had this problem yet. Curious.. what does a young child do with the touchscreen? Can't you control what they are watching from the front screen? I thought the only apps/games will be too complex for young kids.

·
Registered
935 Posts
We didn't buy it for this reason. Our kids at 11 & 13 are taller than me... over 5'8" so... middle row has to adjust. We love our town and country... with stow and go... that did have a middle row that adjusted. So glad we test drove the Pacifica first and realized the middle row didn't move... hope they change this in the future.
I'm 6' 3" and can sit in the middle row okay, however it would not be my choice for a long trip. It is not an issue for average sized adults. I don't see any reason why kids at 5' 8" or more would have a problem.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and can sit in the middle row okay, however it would not be my choice for a long trip. It is not an issue for average sized adults. I don't see any reason why kids at 5' 8" or more would have a problem.
6' 3"!? Are you the mayor!? :nerd: lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't buy one at first because of it, but the 2nd row actually has a decent amount of space. That being said, I'm 6'5" and I'm sure my kids will be tall soon... So I'm guessing I'll only have the Pac for 3-4 years before I'm forced to get a suburban.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
kayfab3
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing