2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda Clarity and love the plug in life so I want to get rid of my 2016 Kia Sedona and upgrade to a Pacifica plug-in. Can people give me advice on buying used vs. dealer inventory vs. ordering from the factory? I probably will sell my Kia privately so I would not be doing a trade in. On used is there much difference between the model years. Also any advice on Trim levels or options. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle
24 Posts
I have a Honda Clarity and love the plug in life so I want to get rid of my 2016 Kia Sedona and upgrade to a Pacifica plug-in. Can people give me advice on buying used vs. dealer inventory vs. ordering from the factory? I probably will sell my Kia privately so I would not be doing a trade in. On used is there much difference between the model years. Also any advice on Trim levels or options. Thanks in advance for any help.
If you buy from dealer inventory you're likely going to pay for a market adjustment and you shouldn't if you order, but there is no great way to predict how long it might take to get your order (some number of months). I had an order placed for a 2022 PacHy Pinnacle but ended up switching to a 2021 that my dealer received on Tuesday to ensure the 7.5k tax credit (it may go down to 4k next year). Fortunately my dealer honored my 2022 deal and didn't apply a markup to the 2021 from inventory. So if you can find a 2021 without a markup if probably go that route to ensure the highest tax credit.

If you don't have a firm cap on your budget the Pinnacle trim is very nice and noticeably nicer than the limited.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree with Shooty 100%. I'm in the same position, ordered a 2022, dealer says it may be here as soon as mid January but I don't want to miss the $7500 tax credit which is why I'm searching for a 2021 in stock. I can't find a dealer who is selling for MSRP. They are all $2,500-$7,500 dealer markup. Since paying that would completely negate the whole reason for taking delivery in 2021, I think I may just suck it up and wait for my 22 to arrive.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle
24 Posts
Agree with Shooty 100%. I'm in the same position, ordered a 2022, dealer says it may be here as soon as mid January but I don't want to miss the $7500 tax credit which is why I'm searching for a 2021 in stock. I can't find a dealer who is selling for MSRP. They are all $2,500-$7,500 dealer markup. Since paying that would completely negate the whole reason for taking delivery in 2021, I think I may just suck it up and wait for my 22 to arrive.
Unfortunately, waiting sounds like your best option. Best of luck and I hope you find something in stock that isn't marked up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In August we traded our 2017 non-hybrid in for a 2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. We love it. Drives so much more smoothly than our previous Pacifica. Took me about 3 months to find one within 50 miles of our house. Only ones I was finding were out of state and/or had bright red leather seats (why?). I highly recommend new (vs used) because of the $7000+ you get back on your taxes the following year. We also just installed a level 2 charger in our garage so we can recharge in less than 3 hours. About 60% of the miles we have put on the van so far have been electric-only. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts