2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried pairing a Garmin GLO 2 Bluetooth GPS Receiver to u connect in the Pacifica? I have a 19 Touring L that didn't come with the built in GPS and would like to have it on the main screen.

·
Registered
387 Posts
A receiver alone is only part of a nav system. You’d have to have the software to interpret the GPS data, plot position and routes, and mapping data.

CarPlay and AA will do what you want.

I remember using my first GPS receiver in the mid 1990s. All it did was give me coordinates. Seemed like quite the amazing thing back then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW - I have owned many rides with Navigation built in. Honestly, I prefer not have built in Nav's. Why? Have you seen the cost of a yearly map upgrade? They hose ya! Also, if you have a problem - it is a royal pain to get them fixed. By that I mean you have to drop off your ride, etc. In my 2018 Ford - I passed on the Nav and got a Garmin with Mag Mount - slap it on when I need it and put it back in the glove box when not needed. Software upgrades (both Map and operating system) are free (unlike your ride) and I merely USB it to my desktop (or laptop) and download the latest and greatest maps. The only reason I got the Nav in my Pacifica was because it came with it. The wife actually prefer's the portable Garmin and uses it when she travels.

·
Registered
262 Posts
had to beat Google maps or Waze

1 - 6 of 6 Posts