2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m considering an upgrade to a 2022 Hybrid Limited S, but from everything I can find, it appears it doesn’t have a roof rack. Wanted to see if anyone knew if an aftermarket roof rack was a simple thing to put on (maybe the mounts are there, but not the rack?) or if it would require a major lobotomy of the roof which could introduce more problems.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Install the factory stow n place . You can either look at wrecking yards , van conversion sites , eBay , Craigslist . It’s not a hard thing to change , in fact ,itds quite easy ad thwre been a few threads on here about it

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
373 Posts
I'm considering the same thing - hard to find a used one local but you can also order it new from Mopar or online. Watching online videos the install does seem pretty easy. I haven't bought one yet as the weight rating is pretty low and I'm thinking I may weight to see if other aftermarket solutions come up given they are making so many trims without the rack now.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Nobody has made one since it’s inception in 2017 . So I’d say that the probability of somebody making one is pretty low . The weight rating is normal for the rails as they are affixed to the roof , you also have ability to use 3 cross bars from factory ( again discussed in threads ) you just have to ensure you get the correct extra letter cross bar . I’ve used 3 bars with my 2 big Thule racks and it’s much better than using just the two . You have ability to spread the load out much more evenly than just on the cross bar . And having the ability to stow the rack into the roof out of sight is the bonus .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody has made one since it’s inception in 2017 . So I’d say that the probability of somebody making one is pretty low . The weight rating is normal for the rails as they are affixed to the roof , you also have ability to use 3 cross bars from factory ( again discussed in threads ) you just have to ensure you get the correct extra letter cross bar . I’ve used 3 bars with my 2 big Thule racks and it’s much better than using just the two . You have ability to spread the load out much more evenly than just on the cross bar . And having the ability to stow the rack into the roof out of sight is the bonus .
It’s not clear to me that the rails are even there on the 2022 Limited. I’m still trying to vet that and don’t know if the roof comes smooth with no rails or if the rails are there, but just no crossbars. The former would be workable, but the latter seems it would be a bigger problem. I’ve asked my dealer but it seems they’re even having a hard time finding out.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
373 Posts
It’s not clear to me that the rails are even there on the 2022 Limited. I’m still trying to vet that and don’t know if the roof comes smooth with no rails or if the rails are there, but just no crossbars. The former would be workable, but the latter seems it would be a bigger problem. I’ve asked my dealer but it seems they’re even having a hard time finding out.
My understanding is no roof rack which means a smooth roof - haven't seen a vehicle with the rails but no bars. That said all signs point to the roof still having the studs to attach the rails aftermarket.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There is no rail, flat roof. Look at the Limited picture vs Pinnacle picture in the build tool on chrysler.com website, you'll see.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,642 Posts
I’m considering an upgrade to a 2022 Hybrid Limited S, but from everything I can find, it appears it doesn’t have a roof rack. Wanted to see if anyone knew if an aftermarket roof rack was a simple thing to put on (maybe the mounts are there, but not the rack?) or if it would require a major lobotomy of the roof which could introduce more problems.
If there are rubber strips on the roof there are probably holes drilled for a roof rack to be installed.

This thread may lead you older threads for installing a rack and the Mopar part number 82214552.

Cross bars are stored in the rails on the Pacifica.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
There is no rail, flat roof. Look at the Limited picture vs Pinnacle picture in the build tool on chrysler.com website, you'll see.
All Pacificas have the ability to install the MOPAR roof rails with integrated cross bars. If you don’t have them from the factory, the attach points are just covered with removable plastic covers. It’s something you can do yourself if you want. Heres a link to a YouTube video of the roof rail installation procedure. If you purchase a Pacifica without them from the factory, your dealer could also install them.

Pacifica Roof Rail Install

Heres a link to the MOPAR part. Notice the fitment is basically every Pacifica trim ever made.

MOPAR Pacifica Roof Rails

·
Registered
2 Posts
All Pacificas have the ability to install the MOPAR roof rails with integrated cross bars. If you don’t have them from the factory, the attach points are just covered with removable plastic covers. It’s something you can do yourself if you want. Heres a link to a YouTube video of the roof rail installation procedure. If you purchase a Pacifica without them from the factory, your dealer could also install them.

Pacifica Roof Rail Install

Heres a link to the MOPAR part. Notice the fitment is basically every Pacifica trim ever made.

MOPAR Pacifica Roof Rails
Thank you....i just picked up our 2022 Pacifica Hybrid yesterday and they dealer said "oh you need to drill holes...seems odd I'll check out your post.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
Thank you....i just picked up our 2022 Pacifica Hybrid yesterday and they dealer said "oh you need to drill holes...seems odd I'll check out your post.
Thanks!
Previously the dealers never had to install the rails. It was always a factory installed option. And previously most trims came with them by default, so there was never a need for a dealer to install them. I can see where they might not know how to install them. But I’m pretty sure that video and part number will be helpful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks!
Can you post a picture of your roof to see? Does it have the smooth blank inserts? I have the same vehicle on order, so wondering, I may just have the dealer throw one on when it gets there

·
Registered
2022 PacHy Limited S Ceramic
24 Posts
FWIW - my 22 PacHy Limited did not have rails. I bought OEM rails from a local dealer. They matched the mopar online price of about a 15% discount. I put them on with very little difficulty. Video linked above was very helpful. No drilling or anything involved. If you’re comfortable mounting a light fixture, putting together an IKEA cabinet, or repairing a toilet you’re probably good to go on the install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FWIW - my 22 PacHy Limited did not have rails. I bought OEM rails from a local dealer. They matched the mopar online price of about a 15% discount. I put them on with very little difficulty. Video linked above was very helpful. No drilling or anything involved. If you’re comfortable mounting a light fixture, putting together an IKEA cabinet, or repairing a toilet you’re probably good to go on the install.
How much was your total if you don't mind saying. I got the same model as you and I imagine it's also not going to have them

·
Registered
2022 PacHy Limited S Ceramic
24 Posts
How much was your total if you don't mind saying. I got the same model as you and I imagine it's also not going to have them
The sale looks to be over but maybe you can haggle? I paid $386 before taxes. The price on MOPAR is now $420. I think there are some Chrysler dealers on eBay selling for a little less.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,642 Posts
Copy, thank you!
Some photos of installation and info about rack from another thread if you click on link. Crossbars are stowed in rails when not in use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts