2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hi Boogers,

I hope these photos help, the rear does protrude a bit but I think it is fitting since these are "Hellcat" type wheels:) They are pretty flush in the front. The poke is not nearly as aggressive as a 2018 ZL1 1LE Camaro, all in all, I am okay with a little poke. Rear sticks out less than .25 inch. Bear in mind, these are the 22x9.5 with 34 offset. Tires are Toyo Proxes 265/40/22
Judging from the pictures, 34 mm offset should be about right for the OEM 235 tires, but 265s are sticking out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking for some 17" wheels to put snow tires on (which is why I want 17", rather than up-sizing). I've never been too sure about how much of a difference offsets and center bore variations make. I'm looking at Touren TR60 3260 wheels on Amazon, which Amazon says should fit. They have the same 5x127 mm bolt pattern, but the offset is slightly different (+42 mm compared to +35 mm) and the center bore is slightly larger (72.62 mm vs. 71.5 mm I think).

If I understand things correctly, the slightly larger offset would just have the wheels stick out slightly more (7 mm). The center bore being a little bigger is what has me unsure. Would being slightly larger make it somewhat loose such that there is greater reliance on the lug bolts keeping the wheel from wobbling around? Or is that difference small enough to not be an issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wait...back up...can you elaborate about the "on air" part??
Hey Fast,

It's my wife's van actually haha and it's on air suspension.

Yes....info on parts needed for this and or how the install went would be awesome.
The Pacifica kit is actually made in request by the CEO of Chrysler Tim Kuniskis. It was built by John Fortuno and the folks at Blackop autoworks in LA. The kit consists of UAS bags and custom pacifica brackets integrated into the front OEM struts and the rear bags and brackets made to fit the Oem rear struts.

It's available here:
https://www.vankulture.com/product-page/2017-chrysler-pacifica-air-suspension-kit

For management, I use Airlift 3P which is pressure based combined with 2 Viair 380 compressors with 2 2-gallon tanks. I used those components because they fit one Stow n go driver side tray altogether. I wanna make sure that 100% of the van's usable space is untouched so it feels and functions like stock. I'm also able to still stow the passenger side stow n go seat in case I need one of them folded. I will share pics on here tommorow so you guys can see the components.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm looking for some 17" wheels to put snow tires on (which is why I want 17", rather than up-sizing). I've never been too sure about how much of a difference offsets and center bore variations make. I'm looking at Touren TR60 3260 wheels on Amazon, which Amazon says should fit. They have the same 5x127 mm bolt pattern, but the offset is slightly different (+42 mm compared to +35 mm) and the center bore is slightly larger (72.62 mm vs. 71.5 mm I think).

If I understand things correctly, the slightly larger offset would just have the wheels stick out slightly more (7 mm). The center bore being a little bigger is what has me unsure. Would being slightly larger make it somewhat loose such that there is greater reliance on the lug bolts keeping the wheel from wobbling around? Or is that difference small enough to not be an issue?

Thanks!
To clear one thing up, the factory Pacifica wheels appear to all have an offset of +50.8mm. The guys using +35mm are generally wanting their wheels to stick out a bit more than factory. With +42mm, you'll actually be sticking out only +8.8mm more than the factory, which will probably not be particularly noticeable if using stock sized tires, but will be a change from the factory offset nonetheless.

I'll defer to others on the center bore question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Earlier in this thread, somebody said that the center bore diameter on the Pacifica wheels is 71.5mm. But most of the websites (tirerack, etc.) seem to be thinking its 72.6mm - or at least the wheels that they claim fit have that center bore. Soooo.... which is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Earlier in this thread, somebody said that the center bore diameter on the Pacifica wheels is 71.5mm. But most of the websites (tirerack, etc.) seem to be thinking its 72.6mm - or at least the wheels that they claim fit have that center bore. Soooo.... which is it?

Thanks!
Definitely 71.5mm. I measured it with my digital calipers last year when purchasing spacers for my winter wheels.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Thanks!
71.5mm is the hub bore. OEM rims are Hub centric, anything other than stock bore will be a lug centric setup as far as I know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
71.5mm is the hub bore. OEM rims are Hub centric, anything other than stock bore will be a lug centric setup as far as I know.
Thanks, that's what I figured. Either they fit snugly or they don't (how much of "don't" doesn't really matter). What's annoying is that most of the online wheel places keep showing wheels with 72.6 mm bores when searching for wheels that fit the Pacifica. Not sure what's up with that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just my 2cents here, I may be wrong. But we're only talking 0.55 mm difference on each side of a diameter. Could this be the tolerance allowed for an aluminum wheel to expand when heated up? Just a thought.

TomR00

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 17 Granite Crystal Pacifica with 17" stock wheels. I am leaning towards the Verde Shift 20 inch in Matte Black. Mainly due to price at 200.00 per wheel. How do you guys thing Matte Black wheels will go with all the chrome Satin Black vinyl wrap?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think I just scored a huge bargain on Amazon ! I was searching for wheels and looking at the Verde Invictus V24. My search came up with some on Amazon at just $143 each (22x9.5 5x127 Bolt Pattern +35 offset).....I could hardly believe my eyes, most sites have these for well over 250 a piece .......I ordered them there and then thinking there has to be a mistake and today they have shipped to arrive tomorrow (also got free shipping) When I returned to the listing today...price is now at $268 each !!!...Boy..I hope they are OK !!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
that is a great deal, keep us posted on your Invictus rims, and make sure to post pictures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
22" set up for under $1200.

that is a great deal, keep us posted on your Invictus rims, and make sure to post pictures.
Definitely !...Have everything in hand now, wheels, tires 265/40/22 new TPMS sensors, McGard splined wheel nuts with locks, hubcentric rings. Just need to get everything mounted. I may try and wrap the face of one of the wheels in a white gloss wrap to see what it looks like. I have two tone white/black wheels on my other white car and they look real sharp !......if I dont like it, I'll just tear it off ! The whole lot came to $1170 shipped to my door...which is some kinda smokin deal on 22's !!! I was lucky to take advantage of a what I believe must have been a slip up on the Amazon pricing on the wheels ($143 each) and ordered tires through Simpletires and got a great deal there also. (4 x Lexani LX twenty 265/40/22 $443.00..to my door) An Ebay search landed me a set of new OEM Mopar TPMS sensors for just $38...for all four !..Only thing I could not find a bargain price on was the McGard black splined nut kit ($106) which I know is expensive for lug nuts but they are the best !

201 - 220 of 245 Posts
About this Discussion
244 Replies
71 Participants
bmullins
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing