2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Definitely !...Have everything in hand now, wheels, tires 265/40/22 new TPMS sensors, McGard splined wheel nuts with locks, hubcentric rings. Just need to get everything mounted. I may try and wrap the face of one of the wheels in a white gloss wrap to see what it looks like. I have two tone white/black wheels on my other white car and they look real sharp !......if I dont like it, I'll just tear it off ! The whole lot came to $1170 shipped to my door...which is some kinda smokin deal on 22's !!! I was lucky to take advantage of a what I believe must have been a slip up on the Amazon pricing on the wheels ($143 each) and ordered tires through Simpletires and got a great deal there also. (4 x Lexani LX twenty 265/40/22 $443.00..to my door) An Ebay search landed me a set of new OEM Mopar TPMS sensors for just $38...for all four !..Only thing I could not find a bargain price on was the McGard black splined nut kit ($106) which I know is expensive for lug nuts but they are the best !

I can't wait to see them once they're mounted! I bet the white would look really good on your van. Maybe I haven't paid attention but I don't ever see white wheels either.

What makes the McGard lug nuts so good? Is it they're splined design?

·
Registered
302 Posts
What makes the McGard lug nuts so good? Is it they're splined design?
The black finish does not crack chip or peel and each nut has a free spinning type taper washer on the cone seat which prevents any galling and aids with contact and torque, pretty cool !Also the kit comes with locking lugs also.You can pick them up on Ebay or Amazon, but shop around for best price as they vary a lot .

https://shop.mcgard.com/products/automotive/installation-kits/installation-kits-nuts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
what size lug nuts does the Pacifica take?

·
Registered
76 Posts
What offset and tire size ?

·
Registered
302 Posts
22x9.5 km700 satin black milled with continental extreme contact.

Much more proportional than the original 17in wheels. Ride is very smooth and height feels more like a suv. We are very happy with it.
Nice !!...what size tires did you go with on your 22" s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there! Brand new member, first post here. When Pacifica came out in 2017 I strongly considered replacing our 2009 Routan SEL Premium with one. I still may do that down the road, especially since my SRT10 replicas should bolt right up! They're 5x127 made by Quadratec and look great on T&Cs cousin. I don't see why they wouldn't work on the pacifica either! Plus 255/45/20 should be pretty close to 245/50/20 overall wheel diameter, so the speedometer should read pretty accurately.

P.S. Is there a facebook group related to this forum?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just purchased a Pacifica yesterday and joined the forum. Thank you for all the great information. I was dead set on 20's but now I'm really thinking 22's is the way to go! 🤔

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just purchased a Pacifica yesterday and joined the forum. Thank you for all the great information. I was dead set on 20's but now I'm really thinking 22's is the way to go! 🤔
Personally, I think the 22's look far more proportionally correct in the arches (with the right tire) Fills out the huge wheel gap a little with my 265/40/22 and now when I see a Pacifica with 18's (or even 20's) they just look too small for the van...my ride comfort did not suffer one bit (we have good roads) and I love how the van looks with wheel being more flush. MPG does take a slight hit, but my mileage is pretty low so really not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the factory 20 inch tire rim combo is the best choice . I’ve seen 20!and 22 combos but when the tire sticks out the fender lip it looks weird . A nice tucked tire means no debris, rain , etc being whipped up dry and rear fenders, doors or lwr rockers . I have factory black 20 inch s tires rims that are oem ( replica rims are heavy and majority are not cast ) weight and durability for me was a no brainer . The minimal loss of my mileage in electric/ gas mode is nothing to the better handling and look compared to 18”s. I suggest that anybody driving 18’s upgrade to 20’s and up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally, I think the 22's look far more proportionally correct in the arches (with the right tire) Fills out the huge wheel gap a little with my 265/40/22 and now when I see a Pacifica with 18's (or even 20's) they just look too small for the van...my ride comfort did not suffer one bit (we have good roads) and I love how the van looks with wheel being more flush. MPG does take a slight hit, but my mileage is pretty low so really not a big deal for me.

Totally agree but we have a lot of pot holes here in San Diego. I blew out a tire on stock wheels a few years ago on another car. I also have a set of 265/40R22's in my garage from my Ford Explorer and I put one of the wheels next to the Pacifica and man, it sure seemed like a big freaking wheel and tire set up.

Has anyone had transmission issues with their 22's?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went ahead and ordered 22x9.5 Hellcat style black Gloss wheels. I'll post some photos when I get them on the car.

I'm 2 weeks in to owning a Pacifica and really enjoy it. It's slow as **** but I'm not really in the driving fast mood any more. 😀

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love those wheels, excited to see how they look!

Went ahead and ordered 22x9.5 Hellcat style black Gloss wheels. I'll post some photos when I get them on the car.

I'm 2 weeks in to owning a Pacifica and really enjoy it. It's slow as **** but I'm not really in the driving fast mood any more. 😀

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm happy with the look. It's a tight fit but no rubbing. Ride is definitely a little more stiff but I'm use to it. On this car it's a much better ride than my last car which was a Ford Explorer Sport with 22" tires and wheels.

Ended up going with the 22x9.5 +35 offset 5x127 bolt pattern hellcat style wheels.

Tires are 265/40/22

If you're a little more concerned about ride, etc go with the 20" option. I already had an extra set of 22" tires and I'm happy with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm happy with the look. It's a tight fit but no rubbing. Ride is definitely a little more stiff but I'm use to it. On this car it's a much better ride than my last car which was a Ford Explorer Sport with 22" tires and wheels.

Ended up going with the 22x9.5 +35 offset 5x127 bolt pattern hellcat style wheels.

Tires are 265/40/22

If you're a little more concerned about ride, etc go with the 20" option. I already had an extra set of 22" tires and I'm happy with the result.
The fitment is perfect on those. Nice choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Tires are 265/40/22

The fitment is perfect on those. Nice choice.
Thanks, I'm happy with it.

221 - 240 of 245 Posts
About this Discussion
244 Replies
71 Participants
bmullins
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing