2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
**** it! Ace Alloy can't do the Devotion or the Aspire in a 5 x 5/127. Back to lookin'...I went to inspect the van today prior to delivery tomorrow. 20's are gonna be about it...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Bored...I did a bit more research today. I really like the Devotion > Aspire. I believe it can be done, but in a 22". Don't really like any other wheels, unless you go for a truly custom build. Will see if the SEMA show debuts any new wheel designs for the coming year. I did some renders...

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Bored...I did a bit more research today. I really like the Devotion > Aspire. I believe it can be done, but in a 22". Don't really like any other wheels, unless you go for a truly custom build. Will see if the SEMA show debuts any new wheel designs for the coming year. I did some renders...
my vote is the devotion between the 2

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up my pacifica limited and I also have a 2015 durango wich I put the chrome 20x9 spyder monkey wheels with a +34 offset. SO for fun I tried the wheels off my durango with the stock 265.50 20 tires and in fit perfect and no rubbing whats so ever. So I ordered a set of 2008 set grand cherokee wheels in black chrome with +34 offset. Will post pics once installed on van.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I just picked up my pacifica limited and I also have a 2015 durango wich I put the chrome 20x9 spyder monkey wheels with a +34 offset. SO for fun I tried the wheels off my durango with the stock 265.50 20 tires and in fit perfect and no rubbing whats so ever. So I ordered a set of 2008 set grand cherokee wheels in black chrome with +34 offset. Will post pics once installed on van.
Nice! That gives me a lot of confidence for a good fit of the wheels/tires I'm looking at. Did you take a drive with them on, or did you do static testing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drove it for about 10 miles. Did full clock to clock turns and no rubbing at all. The only thing with the stock durango size tires was that the van sat higher off the ground. Im going to put the stock 245 50 20 on the 20x9 2008 jeep grand cherokee srt wheel in black chrome. The tires sit perfectly flush with the fenders. I should have the wheels in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Drove it for about 10 miles. Did full clock to clock turns and no rubbing at all. The only thing with the stock durango size tires was that the van sat higher off the ground. Im going to put the stock 245 50 20 on the 20x9 2008 jeep grand cherokee srt wheel in black chrome. The tires sit perfectly flush with the fenders. I should have the wheels in 2 weeks.
Thanks for the input. Gives me better confidence. The SRT wheels are going to look awesome! Definitely take pics when they're on. I think I'm going to place the order for my wheels tomorrow. I'll end up with 255/35R22's for the tires. If the higher profile of the Durango tires do well then, all should be good. Nice thing about the Pacifica fenders is that they seem to be pretty accommodating. No need to roll fenders for potential rub issues! I want to get this all done at the time I swap for my winter wheels/tires, and have them ready come spring.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you for posting about these. I'm looking forward to seeing photos. I was doing the math on the gc srt wheel sets and I was planning to do the same, but I'm glad somebody else will be the guinea pig this time. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I received the Toyo Proxes 4 255/35r22's, and they are way too thin for my liking. Going to return them. That was based on recommendation from the Tire Rack. I think I may try a 265/35r22 for a tad more sidewall. Other than width, much closer to proportions (just a tad smaller) of the 245/50r20. If hersheysc was able to drive with 265/50r20's (bigger) with a similar offset wheel, I should be able to fit the 265/35r22. This will also allow a similar load rating to the stock tires. I think I may try the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. Has a decent thread wear rating.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I received the Toyo Proxes 4 255/35r22's, and they are way too thin for my liking. Going to return them. That was based on recommendation from the Tire Rack. I think I may try a 265/35r22 for a tad more sidewall. Other than width, much closer to proportions (just a tad smaller) of the 245/50r20. If hersheysc was able to drive with 265/50r20's (bigger) with a similar offset wheel, I should be able to fit the 265/35r22. This will also allow a similar load rating to the stock tires. I think I may try the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. Has a decent thread wear rating.
The Conti dws are a good tire, almost as good as a Michelin pilot sport as, but not as soft. If you aren't looking for all seasons, then I'd recommend the conti dw, much better 3 season tire. I've had both and really love the dw for spring through fall. As for the tire size, the wheel wells will fit a bigger tire, but the overall diameter will make a difference on the speedo and odometer, so you'll want to stick close to original overall sizes. The only issue I see for bigger wheels and tire combos is the front struts, that appears to be the narrowest point on the vehicle, so if you get them to mount and not run up front, you should be good to go. Just remember a 35 aspect ratio is pretty small and the ride will be stiff and possibly easier to damage the wheels, but if you're okay with that, then go for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks for the info on the Conti's. Unfortunately, the DWS is the only tire that Conti makes in this size. Fortunately, there are a lot more choices in 265/35R22. In all honesty, I would have preferred to go with a 20" set up. Can't wait for others to dive in. I just couldn't find a wheel that I really liked without having to go custom forged. I do prefer having more sidewall in my family transporters. I'll get a whopping 35 mm of additional sidewall height going from the 255/35 to the 265/35, but I'll take what I can get. I'm hoping everything arrives this week, get them mounted, and try them out before I put my winter set on. I'm a huge fan of tire size calculators:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
LOL! Man do I know my wife. I was taking these pictures, when the wife popped through the garage door:

Wife - "What are you doing?",
Me - "Nothing..."
Wife - "Those look too thin."
Me - "No, they should be all right."
Wife - "When I turn the wheel, they better not rub..."
Me - "I'm figuring that out right now."
Wife - "What if I damage them?"
Me - "I'll buy new ones."
Wife - "And what wheels did you get, they better not be chrome."
Me - "22's, and they will look 'pretty'."

Wife rolls eyes and shuts door...

Wheels should be here next week, getting excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
LOL! Man do I know my wife. I was taking these pictures, when the wife popped through the garage door:

Wife - "What are you doing?",
Me - "Nothing..."
Wife - "Those look too thin."
Me - "No, they should be all right."
Wife - "When I turn the wheel, they better not rub..."
Me - "I'm figuring that out right now."
Wife - "What if I damage them?"
Me - "I'll buy new ones."
Wife - "And what wheels did you get, they better not be chrome."
Me - "22's, and they will look 'pretty'."

Wife rolls eyes and shuts door...

Wheels should be here next week, getting excited!
Too funny. Looking forward to the end results. Thanks for being our test subject and doing the research. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well my Srt wheels finally showed up. I ended up getting the chrome ones as it was next to impossible to find any black chrome in this style. But I think it looks pretty good, and the fitment is bang on, even if the place where they were selling them said they won't fit. The centre bore is the same as the srt jeep so no centering rings were needed, and it rides and handles better then the stock 20"s for some reason. 'And the wheels and tires are flush with the fenders. The size is 20" wheels, with a +34 offeset and are 20 x 9" wheels. These are the replicas off the 2008 grand cherokee srt. I used the stock tires with these wheels 245.50 20.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im not sure exactly what your asking but if your asking how much wider over stock wheels its 1.5" wider. If your asking how much they stick out past the stock wheels I say about 1 inch give or take.

41 - 60 of 243 Posts
About this Discussion
242 Replies
71 Participants
bmullins
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing