2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any suggestion on a security bypass dongle?

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hey thanks I think I read it wrong I thought it is only for Alfa Romero xD and it was just luck that it works.

Can u change with this Coding from the units ?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
265 Posts
I saw the diagram infotainment.com provided for the location of the gateway module, but it's kinda vague. What panels will I need to remove to install the bypass dongle? It looks as though you only temporarily install the bypass dongle to allow you to make changes and remove it when you are done. Is this correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The potential of alfaOBD is huge. Seeing its uses over at the Ram forums is spectacular.

While I haven't done it, this would be the means to enable memory seats on a TL+. Potentially only needing to install the memory buttons and a different wiring harness in the driver door to connect it. (With a TL+ already having the auto advance n return button associated with stow n go, the seat already can automatically move forward and then return to the last setting ... meaning there must already be seat position sensors installed.)

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey thanks I think I read it wrong I thought it is only for Alfa Romero xD and it was just luck that it works.

Can u change with this Coding from the units ?
Alfa, Jeep, Chrysler and others are under brands are under the same parent company and are managed by the same software. You should be able to change a few options with AlfaOBD.

I saw the diagram infotainment.com provided for the location of the gateway module, but it's kinda vague. What panels will I need to remove to install the bypass dongle? It looks as though you only temporarily install the bypass dongle to allow you to make changes and remove it when you are done. Is this correct?
The module is under the center console panel with the gear shift and HVAC controls. The panel is on clips and can be pulled out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Alfa, Jeep, Chrysler and others are under brands are under the same parent company and are managed by the same software. You should be able to change a few options with AlfaOBD.

The module is under the center console panel with the gear shift and HVAC controls. The panel is on clips and can be pulled out.
Could you tell me more about your setup to get AlfaOBD working? I have been unsuccessful getting anything working on the Android app with my BAFX ELM327 adapter.
I have the 2018, but I should still be able to read modules without messing with the gateway module?

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Could you tell me more about your setup to get AlfaOBD working? I have been unsuccessful getting anything working on the Android app with my BAFX ELM327 adapter.
I have the 2018, but I should still be able to read modules without messing with the gateway module?
I didn't do anything special to ger it working, and I'm using a cheap generic ELM327. Is your ignition on? Do you select the correct Bluetooth device? You don't need the bypass to read the modules.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn't do anything special to ger it working, and I'm using a cheap generic ELM327. Is your ignition on? Do you select the correct Bluetooth device? You don't need the bypass to read the modules.
Yes, ignition on and I am paired to my ELM device... works with "inCarDoc"

I see some lights on the adapter blink when I attempt to connect

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Did you connect with Bluetooth on the "My interface" screen? I'm getting the same error when AlfaOBD isn't connected to the ELM327.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I can only suggest trying another ELM327. China is notorious for making electronics that may look the same, but have different hardware or firmware.

·
Registered
2018 TL+ Built April 2018, Dark Cardovan Pearl w/S package, hands free
72 Posts
I have a Carista BT interface that times out trying to connect. I have a few others to try as well, but I'd be interested if anyone has gotten any further with this? I'd love to be able to add seat memory to a TL+.

Here's a link to a pdf how to install the bypass module. It's all the way at the bottom of the page, pretty straightforward though.

[/URL]

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No, you can't write without physically bypassing the security module. This ELM327 allows reading the modules on a different CAN bus. Examples are climate control, radio, seats, doors.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts