2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, all too familiar. Same ol' Deja Vu all over again. I have a 2019 model, it was inspected and passed the initial recall, then I got a second notice when they expanded it after that initial fix. I set the max charge level per their recommendations and park it outside at my home. There are some public parking decks that have signs outside that prohibit the recalled Bolts from being parked there, that can cause a great inconvenience for those who live or work, or have to go to a doctor/hospital visit, in such a building and have to find alternative parking much farther away. I hope this will be resolved soon. Glad they made the difficult decision to notify the owners of the risk so that they can take appropriate precautions. I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger close enough to the garage door entrance and with a sufficiently long cable so it can reach out into the driveway outside and charge either the Bolt or the Pacifica with both of them parked outside.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, all too familiar. Same ol' Deja Vu all over again. I have a 2019 model, it was inspected and passed the initial recall, then I got a second notice when they expanded it after that initial fix. I set the max charge level per their recommendations and park it outside at my home. There are some public parking decks that have signs outside that prohibit the recalled Bolts from being parked there, that can cause a great inconvenience for those who live or work, or have to go to a doctor/hospital visit, in such a building and have to find alternative parking much farther away. I hope this will be resolved soon. Glad they made the difficult decision to notify the owners of the risk so that they can take appropriate precautions. I have a ChargePoint level 2 charger close enough to the garage door entrance and with a sufficiently long cable so it can reach out into the driveway outside and charge either the Bolt or the Pacifica with both of them parked outside.
Wow, EV stations with signs forbidding Bolts to charge there? That's a new one. Care to share the locations or images?

OTOH, seems like it might actually be a good time to buy an older Bolt since it will be getting a brand-new battery.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow, EV stations with signs forbidding Bolts to charge there? That's a new one. Care to share the locations or images?

OTOH, seems like it might actually be a good time to buy an older Bolt since it will be getting a brand-new battery.
Not EV stations, Public Parking decks, i.e. indoor parking facilities, underground, or inside buildings.
On the Chevy Bolt EV and EUV Owners Group on Facebook, a Bolt owner posted a photo of a sign on his office parking garage in Seattle, Washington, that read: "Chevrolet Bolt EVs are strictly prohibited from entering this facility in conjunction with the recent recall due to fire-related safety concerns."

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if they are cheap enough to buy one used as a spare city car
You have the recall issue--lower cost. But there is a shortage of new cars that is raising the cost of used cars--higher cost. May equal out????

·
Registered
124 Posts
Chevrolet Bolt battery fixes to start by mid-October, GM says
"General Motors will start making battery fixes to over 140,000 recalled Chevrolet Bolts EVs and EUVs beginning in mid-October. The 2017-19 model year Bolt EVs will get five new battery modules, essentially getting an enhanced battery pack. For the 2020-22 models, they will get all new modules too, unless GM can finish developing software that will allow it to identify whether they have defective modules that need replacing."

I wonder if the new modules they put in the older model year cars will increase the effective range of those cars beyond their original stated capacity to match the range of the current year model?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts