2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased either Weather Tech or Husky all weather mats for their Pacifica? I would like to hear some feedback before I purchase any. A friend already told me he wasn't happy with the Weather Tech set he bought.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Has anyone purchased either Weather Tech or Husky all weather mats for their Pacifica? I would like to hear some feedback before I purchase any. A friend already told me he wasn't happy with the Weather Tech set he bought.
I own a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid, and bought the Mopar All-Weather Mats for the PacHy (they are different than for the gas-only models), including the mat for the back cargo area. They have been great! They fit well, look very nice, and have already saved a lot of wear and stains. My dealer sold them to me for 10% under the retail price, which was pretty competitive compared to the online retailers I researched.

I would at least give the Mopar mats a look, I have been very happy with them. :smile2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone. I just purchased the Pacifica Limited last week and immediately purchased the WeatherTech mats since their showroom is only 20 minutes from me. A big flaw with these is when you do the 3rd row stow-n-go, the arm under the seat will get caught in the flap and will lock up the stow-n-go.

I had installed the mat, then stowed my 3rd row. When I went to return the 3rd row to normal, one side got stuck and it stopped working. I thought it was an electrical problem. When I brought it to the dealership they showed me where it was getting stuck. You'll have to trim the lip off by the arm to avoid this.

See the attached picture

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also would not recommend the WeatherTechs if you plan to do a lot of middle row stow-n-go. Because the 2nd and 3rd row is one piece, it's a pain in the butt to do.

For me, I wanted a cleaner look and I will not really stow the seats. But if you will, then I suggest going with an option that has separate middle and 3rd row liners. That way you can take out the middle row mats, stow your seats, and put it back in. Folding the WeatherTechs over is a pain.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mopar Mats Purchased...

I put the all-weather Mopar mats in my Pacifica and the 2nd row mat is one-piece. As such the Stow N Go 2nd row seats are a little more difficult to stow. You have to work with both seat floor sections at once if you leave the mat in-place while stowing. Too bad the mat wasn't designed in two pieces with the both the edge and middle socket balls. The mat does have the edge socket balls so you may decide to just pull the mat out while you stow each seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid, and bought the Mopar All-Weather Mats for the PacHy (they are different than for the gas-only models), including the mat for the back cargo area. They have been great! They fit well, look very nice, and have already saved a lot of wear and stains. My dealer sold them to me for 10% under the retail price, which was pretty competitive compared to the online retailers I researched.

I would at least give the Mopar mats a look, I have been very happy with them. :smile2:
Do you have a part number or link for these, I can't find any on the mopar website.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered the PacHy floor mats from the dealer on Wednesday. The weather is getting icky and with 2 kids, they are badly needed. I was told they weren't in stock in the warehouse, but got a call today that they came in. Woohoo!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Does anyone know how much do the shipping cost is for the Mopar mats. I want to know if its worth buying it online if the price difference is not that much from the dealership? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
But the Hybrid-specific ones (82214516AB) are much more expensive on Amazon right now at $212.90.

https://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Pacifica-Weather-Hybrid-Models/dp/B01EM5013E

I just accidentally bought the gas ones and caught the mistake fast enough to cancel the order.
If you shop around online you'll find them for $180 or so - using the updated part number 82214516AD.
Here's one site showing them for $173 https://www.socalmopardirect.com/oem-parts/mopar-mat-kit-floor-1st-2nd-row-82214516ad

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the Weather Tech mats and I agree, they are a bit of a nuisance to stow the second row seats AND the 3rd row seats do catch the back lip of the mat. However they engulf the 2nd row seats completely and it appears they will catch more debris that the Mopar mats, at least the ones that are shown here.
That's the reason I didn't get the Mopar mats...they didn't cover the whole floor !!!! Aren't that what mats supposed to do ???
Now for the 3rd row problem of pinching the mat to the floor when the 3rd row seats are up....either trim the mat (compromises the mat) or have someone hold it up while the seats are being put up. I have a Limited so I guess it is a bit easier to do.
Passengers have commented how they cover the entire 2nd row floor !!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just ordered it. I needed the flexibility of accessing the storage bins frequently and switching between 7 & 8 passenger configurations. I figured that Mopar mats are the best for that even though they do not cover the floor edge to edge. Therefore all other mats were out of consideration.
When I eventually get my TL+...I plan to pass on the weathertech (bc of stow and go inconvenience) and husky (bc of stow and go inconvenience) and mopar (bc of not covering the 2nd row seats when stowed, open gap), so i think i'll be getting those MAXpider 3D mats. things could change though so let me know how you like your mopars! pics please...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I see your point. How do the Maxspider mats cover the seat back when stowed? Do they have an extra piece?

I will not be stowing the seat most of the time (due to small kids and parents), but I would need the storage bins a lot. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. Who knows, but things might change in the future. Can buy something later if really needed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts