2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Velvet Red Limited Pacifica on 8/11 and my build sheet posted a few days ago so I figured it was probably time to finally register after weeks of lurking.

Originally wanted the Granite Crystal, but brought my 4 year old to the dealership and he told my wife he wanted red when she asked his color preference. We joked that if the car lasted long enough, it would probably be the vehicle he learned to drive in and take to college, but I was still set on Granite Crystal. After watching tons of YouTube videos and building the car on Chrysler's website dozens of times, the red grew on me and the order was placed. I'm sure the day I pick up the car, my son will say he wants white instead...

My main reason for buying the Pacifica was the easy tilt 2nd row seat. With three kids, having to take the car seat out of the 2nd row of the SUV so my oldest can hop in the 3rd row was a bit of work, and it would get worse once my youngest moves up from her infant car seat.

So here I am, eagerly awaiting my first minivan, barely a year after mocking several friends for buying Honda Odysseys. Definitely did not see myself driving a minivan, ever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up the vehicle yesterday. I probably should have waited until Monday or Tuesday because by the time all the paperwork was done, it was a bit dark and rainy. Not really ideal conditions to be driving a new car home, but I couldn't wait lol.

The car drives great and handled pretty well in the rain. Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speakers. I haven't set up the headphones and remotes yet for the Uconnect system, so my son couldn't get audio for the movie we put on for him. Radio and Navigation worked well though, so I'll give the dealer a call some time this week to see if maybe there's a loose wire or something needs resetting.

Definitely love the vehicle so far.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speaker.
Congratulations on your new toy.

If you play a DVD or a music CD the sound goes to headphones by default. Navigate around in the main UConnect dashboard screen looking for a "Listen In" button to make it play on speakers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your new toy.

If you play a DVD or a music CD the sound goes to headphones by default. Navigate around in the main UConnect dashboard screen looking for a "Listen In" button to make it play on speakers.
Thanks. I'll look into that. Tried various menus but it was late, dark and rainy, so I gave up and just listened to the radio.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You'll have to drill down to find it.

Media -> UConnect Theater -> Press To Enter (either side) -> Listen In

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
Picked up the vehicle yesterday. I probably should have waited until Monday or Tuesday because by the time all the paperwork was done, it was a bit dark and rainy. Not really ideal conditions to be driving a new car home, but I couldn't wait lol.

The car drives great and handled pretty well in the rain. Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speakers. I haven't set up the headphones and remotes yet for the Uconnect system, so my son couldn't get audio for the movie we put on for him. Radio and Navigation worked well though, so I'll give the dealer a call some time this week to see if maybe there's a loose wire or something needs resetting.

Definitely love the vehicle so far.

Congratulations on your new Pacifica and welcome to the forums. We've got a bunch of good folks on here that have a wealth of info. Especially that BrettP fella. 😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts