2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beware- our altenator fell off during a road trip. it almost caused a terrible accident.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It would be nice to know some more details, at the least, year and mileage would be good. Was any service performed recently or is this a factory issue?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The aftermath? Did a roadside tow truck get it to a dealer? Were there more nuts and bolts to tighten? Assembled December 24th or June 30th? Or any day just before a holiday? C'mon man. You can't do that to us. :) "Need the info!" </Dr. Evil from Austin Powers>

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
beware- our altenator fell off during a road trip. it almost caused a terrible accident.
That’s is the worst way to present an issue in a forum. But we will wait patiently for some more info. We understand you are busy and may be trying to get some alternate transportation at present.

·
Registered
418 Posts
update?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This guy has five posts. Three of them were yesterday reporting three separate problems. No replies to our comments. Assume what you wish about his posts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This guy has five posts. Three of them were yesterday reporting three separate problems. No replies to our comments. Assume what you wish about his posts.
Agreed, "Bay's" posts are all very short and cryptic, not buying in on the weird sudden problems this poster wants us to believe he has encountered. :surprise:

·
Registered
690 Posts
I can't think of how the alternator could have fallen out, maybe OP meant it wasn't tightened? But I'm not assuming anything yet, at least waiting a few days for followup, OP could be busy.

If they come back that they have a hybrid then we'll know for sure, since the hybrid's alternator has never had a single issue, ever. ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
I can't think of how the alternator could have fallen out, maybe OP meant it wasn't tightened? But I'm not assuming anything yet, at least waiting a few days for followup, OP could be busy.

If they come back that they have a hybrid then we'll know for sure, since the hybrid's alternator has never had a single issue, ever. ;)
I think Bay is just doing a public service announcement warning us to watch out for his "altenator" that fell off and is laying in the road. It might cause "a terrible accident" if you hit it.
Agreed, "Bay's" posts are all very short and cryptic, not buying in on the weird sudden problems this poster wants us to believe he has encountered. :surprise:
I already took mine out before it could fall off >:)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I already took mine out before it could fall off >:)
That was overkill. I just put a heavy-duty Velcro strap around mine.

Hasn't fallen out yet.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That was overkill. I just put a heavy-duty Velcro strap around mine.

Hasn't fallen out yet.
I should have done that, my alternator's completely missing! :eek:

...so it's been 5 days, no updates, this thread's officially a bust?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts