2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
Discussion Starter #1
Staying at the Drury Inn in Louisville and asked if they had a charger. They said they did not have a level 2 charger, but directed me to a spot where two vehicles can plug in a level 1 charger. It is nice to be able to do my trips into downtown electric while staying at the hotel.

Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
Little trick I read: If you want to secure the charger from theft, roll the car a bit on the cable. 馃槈
One can also drill a small hole thru their handle and use a small, PSA style, luggage lock (I chose a bright yellow one). This keeps it from disconnected from the charge port.

The two methods combined would be very effective deterrent.

Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
Discussion Starter #4
I must me too trusting, it never occurred to me someone would steal my charger lol.

Registered
I keep a tiny roll of duct tape (over an old hotel door card) with a few other emergency items in the van. Running the cable along the sidewalk seam and a couple bits of tape will keep it from being a trip/sue hazard. Probably even less likely than someone taking the EVSE, but something super easy and useful to have on hand. Eg:

Reactions: fotomoto

Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
Discussion Starter #6
I keep a tiny roll of duct tape (over an old hotel door card) with a few other emergency items in the van. Running the cable along the sidewalk seam and a couple bits of tape will keep it from being a trip/sue hazard. Probably even less likely than someone taking the EVSE, but something super easy and useful to have on hand. Eg:
View attachment 46064
Good Idea! I will do that next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts