2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2017 Touring L into the dealership for an ambient temp sensor. While it was there they said it started misfiring on cylinder 5 and a coolant leak. Ticket says they replaced the radiator and found an oil leak on the right side valve cover and tube seals. They replaced cylinder 5 and had me replace 3 spark plugs while they were in there. I’ve picked up the car a couple of times now and there is a vibration at start up and it’s still throwing a check engine light. I’ve had the car for about 48 hours the past 5-6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
It appears so. Please report to NHTSA

They replaced cylinder 5
How did they accomplish this amazing feat? I would suggest finding another dealer if they told you this and get your engine replaced.

• Haha
Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears so. Please report to NHTSA

How did they accomplish this amazing feat? I would suggest finding another dealer if they told you this and get your engine replaced.
Sorry, my car knowledge is pretty low, but I should be able to read the service ticket correctly. Replaced the coil in cylinder 5. I think it might be time to take it to a different dealer though to look at this issue. I will look up that main thread and find the reporting info for the NHTSA once I get confirmation.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Took my 2017 Touring L into the dealership for an ambient temp sensor. While it was there they said it started misfiring on cylinder 5 and a coolant leak. Ticket says they replaced the radiator and found an oil leak on the right side valve cover and tube seals. They replaced cylinder 5 and had me replace 3 spark plugs while they were in there. I’ve picked up the car a couple of times now and there is a vibration at start up and it’s still throwing a check engine light. I’ve had the car for about 48 hours the past 5-6 weeks.
Did you not feel any misfire while driving or anything out of the ordinary . You’d know if a coil and plug were on the way out of misfiring .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you not feel any misfire while driving or anything out of the ordinary . You’d know if a coil and plug were on the way out of misfiring .
Doubtful you'd feel it. I've driven a vehicle that had an occasional cylinder misfire and it was undetectable from the driver seat. Only reason I knew is because of the check engine light. Replaced the coil pack and it never happened again.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Just a couple ways you could tell

1. Rough Idling. Engines that idle in a clunky or rough manner could be suffering from misfiring. ...
  2. Sluggish Acceleration. Your car might have trouble reaching adequate speeds if your engine is misfiring. ...
  3. Engine Sound Changes. ...
  4. Black Exhaust. ...
  5. Your “Check Engine” Light Might Illuminate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s runs a little rough at start up, but seems to go back to “normal” after a few seconds. I got the code pulled and it’s a P0305 which seems to go back to that same cylinder. I might try a different dealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Any dealership that replaces only 3 plugs is a head scratcher. You should replace all plugs at same time and ask to see the plugs that they replaced .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up taking it back to the same dealer. Didn’t feel like explaining it’s history all over to a new one. Today I got an update, they found an active misfire on cylinder 5 with coolant intrusion. They are going to open it up to replace the head gasket and a head check (?) for other concerns. Anything else I should be asking during this process? Sounds like I should ask for all the spark plugs to be replaced while they are in there again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts